Jamal Idris expected to make decision on NRL future after receiving offer from Canter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamal Idris is on the verge of deciding his future after receiving a formal offer from Canterbury-Bankstown on Wednesday.

The in-demand centre fronted Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg, chairman Ray Dib and coach Kevin Moore for a presentation at Canterbury Leagues Club.

Idris has already fielded offers from Newcastle Knights and Gold Coast Titans after touring the facilities of both clubs in recent weeks. Cronulla also announced themselves as a contender, but it's not known if the Sharks made him an offer.

It's understood the Bulldogs cannot match their rivals for money and are relying on third-party deals and loyalty to keep Idris on for another three years.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...erbury-bankstown/story-fn2mcuj6-1226031764001

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
About to make a decision after receiving an offer from the Bulldogs.

Say no more, as that pretty much indicates where he is going.

If he was off to the Titans/Knights he'd have already announced it given they have had offers on table for a long time.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
About to make a decision after receiving an offer from the Bulldogs.

Say no more, as that pretty much indicates where he is going.

If he was off to the Titans/Knights he'd have already announced it given they have had offers on table for a long time.
Not true. He obviously has to have all the offers before he can decide which is better for him. The dogs would have an advantage given they may already know what the other offers included and will be able to offer similar deals to keep him happy.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Possibly but if he was definitely leaving the Bulldogs (i.e not interested at all in staying), then he'd not bother waiting for our offer.

Can only be seen as a good thing.

farenhyt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i agree, i think we can expect he will be re-signing, but stranger things have happened

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Possibly but if he was definitely leaving the Bulldogs (i.e not interested at all in staying), then he'd not bother waiting for our offer.

Can only be seen as a good thing.
No, your theory doesn't gel. He'd be advised to consider all offers, including ours. It just so happens we only submitted ours on Wednesday.

I don't think this is any indicator of his motives.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Also a coincidence Tinkler just won the Knights vote - a lot of factors going on here.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also a coincidence Tinkler just won the Knights vote - a lot of factors going on here.
Money doesn't always bring happiness, there is loyalty, pride, history, mates, lifestyle and the better chance of a Premiership to consider, there are plenty of sad millionaires out there.
You only get one life and it's up to you whether you want to be happy or miserable, far too many people make the wrong decision.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Hope he stays. Although wouldn't surprise me if he left. When you are only 20 years of age and get given golden bucks, its difficult not to say no..its not like the early 90's when you had players like Greg Alexander and Terry Lamb who played for the jersey and not the cash:(

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
i agree, i think we can expect he will be re-signing, but stranger things have happened
I would actually be surprised if he stayed......

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He needs to make a decision either way. Its distracting

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Jamal Idris is on the verge of deciding his future after receiving a formal offer from Canterbury-Bankstown on Wednesday.

The in-demand centre fronted Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg, chairman Ray Dib and coach Kevin Moore for a presentation at Canterbury Leagues Club.

Idris has already fielded offers from Newcastle Knights and Gold Coast Titans after touring the facilities of both clubs in recent weeks. Cronulla also announced themselves as a contender, but it's not known if the Sharks made him an offer.

It's understood the Bulldogs cannot match their rivals for money and are relying on third-party deals and loyalty to keep Idris on for another three years.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...erbury-bankstown/story-fn2mcuj6-1226031764001

he will leave and say he has to look after his family and that the money was too good to let go,

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he will leave and say he has to look after his family and that the money was too good to let go,
and then Newcastle will have made a grave mistake throwing the chequebook at a centre. Either way we win

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
In honesty from what i've heard the dogs have offered great 3rd party stuff, a % of the cap rise and solid coin. Everyone keep in mind that the public talk trash and the media bullsh1t because apperently we were happy to give skd or lawrence 350k a year. Should be staying if he has any loyalty in his body.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He needs to make a decision either way. Its distracting
Which is one of the reasons why I want signings restricted to the off season only. If its not distracting to him, it sure as hell is distracting for the fans. and annoying.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does it de-stable our 2011 campaign if he doesn't sign to continue with us???

BTK

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hope we dont hear no analogies about the best bus driver in bankstown.

Feendogz

Observant
Reaction score
Reading too much into this. It's only logical that he's goig to look at every offer first.

I do think the club has the upper hand though. They would have seen all the other offers an then put together an attractive package rather then just cash.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Hope we dont hear no analogies about the best bus driver in bankstown.
really? comparing him to sbw? We poach so many players, it's only fair other teams can do the same lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.