Jamal Idris - 2011 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
terrible news.
i am, like many others i assume, gutted.
terrible for the club, terrible for the supporters.

I am extremely disappointed in Jamal's decision and am wondering how to explain to a 5 & 7 yo that
their favourite player will no longer be in their side.

It's easy for me to say, but this decision has NOTHING to do with football.
When Morris returns, send Jama to NSW cup and leave Latai in firsts.

I think Jamal's decision is extremely sad for everybody involved : (

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we should start thinking about the money we will have free and where to use it.not to upset hes going as its been more hype than anything.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would have no hesitation dropping him as soon as J moz comes back

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
droping him because hes leaving next season would be stupid and letting your feelings about idris departure override the bigger factor of the team winning the title. why should the team not have the chance to be at there strongest for 2011 because of whats going to happen in 2012.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
he's nothing but SCUM! and i shall tell him at all the games i go to this year

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
When Morris comes back Jamal should be playing in the forwards. Lafai can have the other centre spot. There is no point in us developing Jamal as a centre and he might give us a bit more impact hitting the ball up in the guts

Yak From Yass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I congratulate Jamal for doing what he believes is best for him and his family. It was not that long ago we paid overs for one $BW and as a consequence out team suffered. To me, this is a blessing in disguise. In Greenberg we trust!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I guess we will find out now if he was putting in 150% in the first 3 rounds to get his contract price up or if he can do that every week. Maybe one reason he looked so beat up and buggered last week is he cant. if thats so im not so sorry to see him go.

At least he is in a position we can replace with a decent player when he goes. Lafai, Lett, wright can all play his pos. I have a feeling lafai might end up better than Idris overall.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
I guess we will find out now if he was putting in 150% in the first 3 rounds to get his contract price up or if he can do that every week. Maybe one reason he looked so beat up and buggered last week is he cant. if thats so im not so sorry to see him go.

At least he is in a position we can replace with a decent player when he goes. Lafai, Lett, wright can all play his pos. I have a feeling lafai might end up better than Idris overall.
Spot on!!............How many players, not only from the dogs but other clubs put in blinders leading up to contract negotiations. He should be taking out Inglis and Wesser to a rub and tug after what he did to them that day!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No doubt a big loss - but his mind set was on the money for next year and that is what it will be like for mine for the rest of the season. It seems he cant wait to get there judging by his last 2 performances.

Im not saying do a Peter Wallace on him, at least have him play in his position in NSW cup...

Maza

Reaction score
Surprised there are no game comments in here yet. Better than last couple of performances and good to see him pumped. Still worries me under high ball especially when they let it bounce.

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Surprised there are no game comments in here yet. Better than last couple of performances and good to see him pumped. Still worries me under high ball especially when they let it bounce.
Disappointed he is leaving however im glad he is still playing with passion.

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did make a good try saving tackle on our own line in the first half and was also solid in attack.

bckd

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Loved watching him throw Moi Moi around like a rag doll, with one arm mind you. Pity we only get to see him do that for us till the end of the year. Moi Moi was useless for the rest of the game.

P

Paint.

Thank you Idris and Stagg! :D:D:D
I promised my mate (who supports parra) that I wont make fun of him after the win unless it's by 20 or more... we got there lol

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With yesterdqays preformance REALL REALLY sad he is leaving.. wish he stayed and most of you guys know we need someone like Idris size in our team at the back.. Great work IDRIS

Keep up the good work :grinning:

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he plays like lastnight good but makes me nervous when set plays go his direction Titans paid a lot of coin for him considering he's still got lots to learn, maybe another coach can improve him

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Lets just enjoy him this season. He is definately still a Bulldog

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he plays like lastnight good but makes me nervous when set plays go his direction Titans paid a lot of coin for him considering he's still got lots to learn, maybe another coach can improve him
true, i think cartwright will get more out of him then moore to be honest. the team aint as good but the coaching staff over there is better from what ive heard.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In RLW this week, apparently Idris has been telling team mates that he signed with the Titans for $550,000 a year NOT including third party deals...
If thats the case, I dont blame him for taking the money, and I certainly dont blame the dogs for not matching that amount of money for a centre...

Status
Not open for further replies.