Jake of no trades?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
i dont think TB has coached the team to its strengths and he has coached to the way he wants the team to play. You have to coach to your players strengths IMO. TB should be taking a leaf out of Bellamy book, he has 2 running halves but it still works.
I'm with you, it's all well and good to want to play a certain way but you need to have the players. We can't sit back for another couple of years doing fuck all waiting for these players to arrive, it just isn't happening.

The way I see League now is that it's all about pace, pace and more pace. You need to play fast, react fast and most importantly act as a unit. Baz doesn't seem to care though, he wants to play his way and continues to do so deslite the facts it's never going to work.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm with you, it's all well and good to want to play a certain way but you need to have the players. We can't sit back for another couple of years doing fuck all waiting for these players to arrive, it just isn't happening.

The way I see League now is that it's all about pace, pace and more pace. You need to play fast, react fast and most importantly act as a unit. Baz doesn't seem to care though, he wants to play his way and continues to do so deslite the facts it's never going to work.
100% it is no different to coaching a junior team, you might have a game plan but if you havnt got the players to execute it, then you have to change. We cant play like penrith, we dont have a cleary, TB needs to change or he will go under.

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All these players will look different players next year

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The players we have atm, aren't capable to play ANY style lol.

He could change the game plan, structures and nothing would change. We would still be coming last and we would still be getting flogged.

We have no halves, a shit hooker, and a mediocre FB. Literally no pace at all, other than two forwards haha, but none in the backs. There isn't a style on planet earth that would work with the bunch of players.

Am I trying to give Baz a pass?, no I think he's been tripe. But changing structure style or anything with these flops isn't going to make one bit of difference.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve seen jake play in a few spots now for me he is a utility can fill any spot if required has a bit of Spark he isn’t a half who can consistently take control of the game he is a 14 defiantly has a spot in the team but not a controlling half

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

He could change the game plan, structures and nothing would change. We would still be coming last and we would still be getting flogged.

We have no halves, a shit hooker, and a mediocre FB. Literally no pace at all, other than two forwards haha, but none in the backs. There isn't a style on planet earth that would work with the bunch of players.

Am I trying to give Baz a pass?, no I think he's been tripe. But changing structure style or anything with these flops isn't going to make one bit of difference.
I disagree, i think it would make a difference. The NRL is full of shit teams and we've managed to beat two fringe 8 teams. If the boys played with a bit of confidence and a more direct game plan then I think we could've scraped by with a few more wins.

budgie69

Waterboy
Reaction score

im sick of these comments that has no substances .. We basically had the same spine minus an Averillo in the halves and we were 2 games from the top 8 under Pay .. our Forwards are our problem .. no go forward and too many missed tackles and giving away stupid set restarts ... everyone here bagged Tolman .. but here was our go forward and a workhorse we havent replaced him .. Averillo is not as bad as you guys are making him out to be shit he has only 20 ... you guys banged out Hasler even when he kept as in the top 8 except 1 year .. you bagged Pay and he had no talent on his roster and performed better than this lot ... now Barrett even you knowing we were not going to do anything this year and it all about next year .. just take a chill pill and stop bagging our young players ... give him a fair go and judge him with a good team around him ... even Foran couldnt make this team any good .. why would you think Averilllo would

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is Jake turning into the next Moses Mbye?
At least Moses was given time in the lower grades, Averillo has been thrown in to the deep end in 1st grade with a reserve grade team. He needs a couple of years in reserves with good coaching before he can be fairly judged.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
im sick of these comments that has no substances .. We basically had the same spine minus an Averillo in the halves and we were 2 games from the top 8 under Pay .. our Forwards are our problem .. no go forward and too many missed tackles and giving away stupid set restarts ... everyone here bagged Tolman .. but here was our go forward and a workhorse we havent replaced him .. Averillo is not as bad as you guys are making him out to be shit he has only 20 ... you guys banged out Hasler even when he kept as in the top 8 except 1 year .. you bagged Pay and he had no talent on his roster and performed better than this lot ... now Barrett even you knowing we were not going to do anything this year and it all about next year .. just take a chill pill and stop bagging our young players ... give him a fair go and judge him with a good team around him ... even Foran couldnt make this team any good .. why would you think Averilllo would
I didn't bag Hasler at all tbh.

I also was on record in saying "they are buying in to what Pay is building"

I don't just come on here to BAG players because I'm some negative guy and I have nothing better to do.

I gave my opinion about Avo, because that's what I think. I also think our current team is TERRIBLE, I think Barret should get another go with next year's tram but that doesn't mean he hasn't done things wrong this year.

Me saying I don't think Avo is very good isn't me "bagging" him, it's my opinion. If he goes out and carves up next year I will put my hand up, like I have done many times before when I have been wrong.

How utterly BORING would this place be if everyone fell into line and didn't have their own opinions, or views on the coach and just went along with the "get behind the boys and coach" brigade.

budgie69

Waterboy
Reaction score
I didn't bag Hasler at all tbh.

I also was on record in saying "they are buying in to what Pay is building"

I don't just come on here to BAG players because I'm some negative guy and I have nothing better to do.

I gave my opinion about Avo, because that's what I think. I also think our current team is TERRIBLE, I think Barret should get another go with next year's tram but that doesn't mean he hasn't done things wrong this year.

Me saying I don't think Avo is very good isn't me "bagging" him, it's my opinion. If he goes out and carves up next year I will put my hand up, like I have done many times before when I have been wrong.

How utterly BORING would this place be if everyone fell into line and didn't have their own opinions, or views on the coach and just went along with the "get behind the boys and coach" brigade.
i apologize to you wasn't a direct go at yourself .