Jake of no trades?

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is not a half.

He MAY go alright at fullback, otherwise he is a permanent reserves player.
Isn’t first grade standard anywhere. Can’t believe he has lasted this long in top grade. Coach is clueless on team selections

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You think Mbye will come good still?
Anyone that denies he was a great prospect coming through just doesn't have a clue. If Storm never offered him decent $$$ and scared the club into offering him a ridiculous contract then things might've developed differently for him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He never takes on the line…the best halves always do…even little Sam walker does!
I give up with you guys, it's like talking to a fucking brick wall ffs

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone that denies he was a great prospect coming through just doesn't have a clue. If Storm never offered him decent $$$ and scared the club into offering him a ridiculous contract then things might've developed differently for him.
There’s plenty of good prospects that just don’’t cut it, that’s professional sport man.

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is Jake turning into the next Moses Mbye?
Similar in that I do not see him as a leader of men. There is no die trying mentality. No competitive streak and no big involvement in games. He is like a spectator on the field. Very very similar to mbye but Moses takes the cake…cannot believe st George are after him.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We’re that deprived of flashy talent that we always go overboard when a player shows us one glimpse of flashyness. Averillo is shire and isnt improving in any part of his game.
I hope it’s not the same with Biondo but he does look different though

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's way too early to give up on him. A 20 year old playing behind a soft pack and very little speed around him.

He has shown glimpses of natural ability, he isnt just an athlete. We need to take better care of him and put solid first graders around him. Its not a coincidence that every half is failing.

He has the talent to be a really good 6 or 1. With a better team around him we will see improvements.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s done a commendable job given the circumstances. Name me one halfback who’s been able to perform outstandingly for a long period of time behind this softcock forward pack. Every one who’s been in the 7 hasn’t been able to cement the spot. What’s the common denominator? A shit team around them, obviously. Our experienced players have not stood up all season to help out our young blokes, with the exception of Jackson. But he can only do so much at his age. Avo has shown way more than anyone at 7, although he hasn’t been perfect. You got guys like Elliott, katoa, Napa, okunbor, Hopoate who play like they don’t give a fuck about the result. No passion or desire. Every halfback we play gets pumped all game with no protection from our forwards.

Judge him or whoever plays 7 next year when we actually have some firepower. How sad is it that the only people in our current team that can actually create points are Shoupp, Averillo and bbo? None of them are barely even 21. How the fuck can any halfback deal with that.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With his kicking, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Honestly if you cant get your kicks right at 20 years old, you never will.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I give up with you guys, it's like talking to a fucking brick wall ffs
I missed your point … your saying he doesn’t take on the defensive line because he’s told not to? He made no run metres in the first half of the game on Sunday…

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I missed your point … your saying he doesn’t take on the defensive line because he’s told not to? He made no run metres in the first half of the game on Sunday…
I'm saying he's overwhelmed with responsibilty and it's negatively impacting his game and development. He's a ball runner that has spent most of his junior footy playing centre/fullback with handful of games at 5/8, yet for whatever reason Baz has decided to throw him in at halfback in a system that relies heavily on the halfback dictating play.

Do you see the issue? Do you see why he's struggling to play his natural game and lacking in confidence? You can't get a kid like this and expect them to go from 0-100 with absolutely no support or guidance, it's poor management and it's why Baz has flopped in every head coaching role he's had so far.

JK07

Waterboy
Reaction score
Most of his junior high rep highlights are of him at fullback, looks a better run threat there and doesn’t have to control the team

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jake is certainly not a half or five eight. Personally I think he is a center and playing him at 5/8 perhaps is to get his defense up to speed. Whilst he was a FB in his juniors it surprises me that he never goes to the line because that is a natural trait of a top flight FB

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm saying he's overwhelmed with responsibilty and it's negatively impacting his game and development. He's a ball runner that has spent most of his junior footy playing centre/fullback with handful of games at 5/8, yet for whatever reason Baz has decided to throw him in at halfback in a system that relies heavily on the halfback dictating play.

Do you see the issue? Do you see why he's struggling to play his natural game and lacking in confidence? You can't get a kid like this and expect them to go from 0-100 with absolutely no support or guidance, it's poor management and it's why Baz has flopped in every head coaching role he's had so far.
i dont think TB has coached the team to its strengths and he has coached to the way he wants the team to play. You have to coach to your players strengths IMO. TB should be taking a leaf out of Bellamy book, he has 2 running halves but it still works.