Opinion Jake Averillo

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
shame on all the so called supporters for throwing shit on Jake, He’s shown glimpses this year in the 7 jersey despite being surrounded by turds next to him, he is still one of our danger players that can hit a hole, has shown he can produce SOME good kicks, he’s put players through the line, and he’s got speed…. He obviously needs help around him and hopefully he can spark up a combo with burton. Yes he’s made mistakes but he’s a youngster still learning the game, he’s come into a disgraceful side during the darkest period in our history
Mate, we all know he shouldn’t be partnering Burton. Wouldn’t be fair to Matt Burton all that pressure on him to produce, not sharing the workload.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The idiot kept doing little chip kicks to Ken Mamarlo, what pressure is that a 5 year old could catch them, disgraceful cause he kept doing it. Dumb as dog shit.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have Burton, just need a 7 to go with him, unfortunately that's not Avo.
yeh burton at 7 and let’s be honest, who are we gonna get on the market that’s a half… who’s available, yes it would be nice to have an experienced half but let’s be realistic

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis, is garbage and unwanted by any other NRL, Flanagan would struggle in Group 19 in the bush and Wakeham has a bad attitude and poor work ethic at training allegedly..

Unfortunately I think Barrett has been left with not many options in this department... However Baz could of created more stability in the halves. There's been no possibility for any of the halves to get any sort of continuity ..

I'm happy to let Averillo and BBO see out the season.. they have the most upside of all the halves at our club currently.

People need to back off bagging Averillo, he's only a kid few games into his NRL career. He's been given an impossible task and has still shown moments of brilliance. He has a tonne of potential and it's a better investment putting game time into him as opposed to Lewis and Flanagan who continually show nothing..

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
yeh burton at 7 and let’s be honest, who are we gonna get on the market that’s a half… who’s available, yes it would be nice to have an experienced half but let’s be realistic
He would bring Burton down. Had his chance IMO, still doing the same kick and the seasons almost done. Can go to reggies and stake his claim for a position.

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He needs to go to center all full back joey johns said it perfect his not a natural half back. All he can sit in reserve grade bbo is diffentley more natural some stuff u just can’t coach.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He would bring Burton down. Had his chance IMO, still doing the same kick and the seasons almost done. Can go to reggies and stake his claim for a position.
So realistically who partners burton… if your gonna say BBO he’s got a long way to go

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He needs to go to center all full back joey johns said it perfect his not a natural half back. All he can sit in reserve grade bbo is diffentley more natural some stuff u just can’t coach.
That's right he's not a natural 7, he's a natural running 6 or Fullback. By the way cooper Cronk was not a natural 7 either.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
shame on all the so called supporters for throwing shit on Jake, He’s shown glimpses this year in the 7 jersey despite being surrounded by turds next to him, he is still one of our danger players that can hit a hole, has shown he can produce SOME good kicks, he’s put players through the line, and he’s got speed…. He obviously needs help around him and hopefully he can spark up a combo with burton. Yes he’s made mistakes but he’s a youngster still learning the game, he’s come into a disgraceful side during the darkest period in our history
What support does he need to put in a decent kick on the last tackle? Does he need someone to hold his hand while he grubbers or puts up a bomb?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So realistically who partners burton… if your gonna say BBO he’s got a long way to go
I think Barrett will play Burton at 7 and either BBO or Avo at 6. At this stage that's the best bet.

Burton played a more dominant roll this week and they looked a shit tonne more better then last week when Luai was the dominate half..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
fuck me in one breath your saying give Avo a chance yet the other BBO just played his first game in FG in the halves today, was hamstrung by the coach to boot yet you're saying HE has a long way to go!!...he will be a better half than Jake.

I_KilledMufasa

Waterboy
Reaction score
move him back into the centres next year. id like to see BBO at 7 next week with more responsibility and move avo back to 6.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't get much chance to closely watch the game today between being at work and watching it on my phone screen so I didn't see how BBO went. I would atleast give BBO the rest of the season at 7 to see if we have anything. Otherwise like others have suggested we might need to grab one of the old warhorses like Pearce or Benji or something for a stop gap. Buy ourselves a year or two. For too long we've had to select based on desperation and not on form. I'm hoping that changes next year. I would love Hughes from Storm, he's a great player.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What support does he need to put in a decent kick on the last tackle? Does he need someone to hold his hand while he grubbers or puts up a bomb?
But there were games this year where he has put in good kicks and grubbers for repeat sets, whats your point?