Opinion Jacob Preston

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyway we need 2 forwards.

1. A JJ in the forwards who will make 40 to 50 tackles a game! We have all the flair. We need better Defence as Defence wins semi final footy.

2. One of our forwards needs to make 200 metres per game
We need AFB and Morgan Knowles for 2025

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Yeah he’s good not great cause he’s a bulldog player right Nashit.
Same as Elmasri, Ben sherwin and terry lamb all ok but not Club legends.
But south’s team all legends and great players isn’t that right Nashit.
Hi King Gus, Love the Ben Sherwin reference as it's what this Nasheed guy called Brent Sherwin in another thread. You've got a good memory.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When Graham said he embarrassed Davey he should have mentioned captain Flop instead. He embarrassed a senior long serving player captain. Davey was a journeyman depth signing. Captain flop is a protected species while Davey got hammered.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why is that a fishing line?
That is the kinda thing I mean.
Like he needs to be idolised and to not do this is trolling?
He’s solid. Good attitude. That’s it. He’s not origin level or anything.
No one said he was origin level you simpleton. Lay off the drugs and fix your missing teeth you low IQ simpleton Souffs supporter.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
No one said he was origin level you simpleton. Lay off the drugs and fix your missing teeth you low IQ simpleton Souffs supporter.
High IQ of 132.
So if you don’t think he’s origin level but still a decent player what are yo udisagreeing isth me exactly as that was my point I was making

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very rare positive thread on the TK but when you get a chance, watch Jacob Preston chatting with the lads on Ajibehs Couch.

Tell me I'm wrong but I haven't been this impressed with a player holistically since Josh Jackson and I feel he brings a little bit more personality than JJ in addition to great talent and unmatched work ethic. Around 7 mins you get a glimpse into this work ethic juggling multiple jobs when he was a part timer and he sort of shrugs his shoulders and says it is what it is. Phil Gould has made his share of recruitment stuff ups in recent times at the Dogs but he has to be celebrated for finding our next Captain and locking him in long term.

Presto and Harry Edwards are on another podcast that drops tomorrow at 7am with The Cast Patrol fellas which may be a sign that Harry has resigned?

Bring on the preseason!
He’s a good kid. Solid footballer and great attitude. He’ll get better as well. Looking forward to seeing him develop over the next couple of years

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why is that a fishing line?
That is the kinda thing I mean.
Like he needs to be idolised and to not do this is trolling?
He’s solid. Good attitude. That’s it. He’s not origin level or anything.
At his age, first year of first grade and to play like he did he deserves all the praise he gets on here. We haven’t had a young bloke with his ability in the club for quite a number of years and he will play origin in the future.
The thing is you know he has fans on here that will bite at some of your comments and give you something to do all day and now that Flanagan has gone to the Saints, Flanagun has no purpose so all you have is this middle eastern character that you play…. Keep up the good work son.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anything to do with Jacob Preston, the “clown clan” are allergic to… why is that? Because he is a future captain and an Origin caliber player unearthed by Gus from obscurity.

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Future Bulldog Captain in my view.
Anyway we need 2 forwards.

1. A JJ in the forwards who will make 40 to 50 tackles a game! We have all the flair. We need better Defence as Defence wins semi final footy.

2. One of our forwards needs to make 200 metres per game
Speaking of JJ, the bulldogs let him down. They should of had all players that worked as hard as him or as hard on their games as him. If those around him didn't, they either better be ridiculously talented or given the boot

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
At his age, first year of first grade and to play like he did he deserves all the praise he gets on here. We haven’t had a young bloke with his ability in the club for quite a number of years and he will play origin in the future.
The thing is you know he has fans on here that will bite at some of your comments and give you something to do all day and now that Flanagan has gone to the Saints, Flanagun has no purpose so all you have is this middle eastern character that you play…. Keep up the good work son.
Was this meant to be me or Flanagun? Bevause yiu mentioned him. Seems unrelated?

As for Preston. We are putting too much pressure on him and hyping him up wayyy too much and that’s what I’m warning about. Just keep his progress and good first season in cautious check. He did well, but not superstar well.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Anything to do with Jacob Preston, the “clown clan” are allergic to… why is that? Because he is a future captain and an Origin caliber player unearthed by Gus from obscurity.
@GoTheDoggies yesterdya when you called me a simpleton with the attached comment ‘no one is saying he will be in origin’ can you please reassess and potentionally apologize. If you’re the decency. I have highlighted one for you.
And as I’m saying, we are overhyping him.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was this meant to be me or Flanagun? Bevause yiu mentioned him. Seems unrelated?

As for Preston. We are putting too much pressure on him and hyping him up wayyy too much and that’s what I’m warning about. Just keep his progress and good first season in cautious check. He did well, but not superstar well.
A few more intentional grammar mistakes I see haha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not true, our data guy said to sign him lol.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I gave Preston a solid complaint Uleh and I don’t think why he should be ‘praised’.
That’s the point.
four years ago I saw people praise Renouf Atoni
A year before that I saw people praise Lachlan Lewis.
Two years ago I saw Paul Vaughan crucified here as a dud then praised by the same people when he left.
It’s always two extremes. Never any middle nuance. Degrees in between.
It’s a spectrum.
Preston is good but he’s not Sonny Bill or Steve Simpson.
Again it went straight over your head.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hi King Gus, Love the Ben Sherwin reference as it's what this Nasheed guy called Brent Sherwin in another thread. You've got a good memory.
His been calling him Ben sherwin for years even though he’s been told 100x it’s Brent lol