Jacob Loko pleads guilty to high-range drink driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score

Bulldogs’ Jacob Loko leaves Manly Court where he appeared on drink driving charges. Pic: John Morcombe

Canterbury’s NRL utility Jacob Loko has pleaded guilty to high-range drink driving at Manly Local Court.

The 22-year-old’s appearance follows his arrest on January 2 when he was stopped by police in Manly.

His vehicle, a black Nissan Murano, was seen travelling without headlights on and when stopped, Loko returned a blood-alcohol level of 0.189 - four times above the legal limit.

He will be sentenced on May 7 allowing him time to comeplete a Traffic Offenders Program.

More to follow.

source

N

Natboy

It's a good sign the magistrate delayed sentencing to allow him to complete the traffic offenders program.
If I was to guess a penalty now I would say 2 year disqualification & $2000 fine plus court costs

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nice job Jacob - any other tricks up your sleeve ?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a good sign the magistrate delayed sentencing to allow him to complete the traffic offenders program.
If I was to guess a penalty now I would say 2 year disqualification & $2000 fine plus court costs
Yes ,i got caught low range a few years ago and got off ,you cant escape a conviction without doing it ,im bewildered why he hasnt already done it

N

Natboy

Yes ,i got caught low range a few years ago and got off ,you cant escape a conviction without doing it ,im bewildered why he hasnt already done it
Yeah same. I would tell a client to apply for it the next day. He'll definitely get a conviction recorded but if the magistrate was going to bin him regardless he would've by now I would say

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
does that mean he can play until then or will he be stood down by the club now that he has pleaded guilty?

N

Natboy

does that mean he can play until then or will he be stood down by the club now that he has pleaded guilty?
Well souths didn't stand Ava down so hopefully we don't have to stand him down

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think he deserves to lose everything he has worked his way up for just because he got caught high ranged, fact is nothing came of it so thats it he has probably learned his lesson and the judge decides for him to do will enforce that lesson I guess.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it's lucky for Loko that the Titans have all the headlines at the moment so they couldn't be too concerned about the Loko DUI right now.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the media to make a big fuss over this
I don't think there is anything the media can do a beat up on. What happened although unfortunate is pretty simple.

1) Jacob returned an alcohol reading of 0.189
2) He pleaded guilty at his court appearance
3) He will complete a Traffic Offenders Program and will be sentenced on 7th May

So who is likely to smear some shit... Bourbon Bec Wilson? :drama:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think there is anything the media can do a beat up on. What happened although unfortunate is pretty simple.

1) Jacob returned an alcohol reading of 0.189
2) He pleaded guilty at his court appearance
3) He will complete a Traffic Offenders Program and will be sentenced on 7th May

So who is likely to smear some shit... Bourbon Bec Wilson? :drama:
Hope they just leave it and move on

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone with a neck tattoo can't be too smart. Turn your lights on and they won't pull you over. Idiot

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone with a neck tattoo can't be too smart. Turn your lights on and they won't pull you over. Idiot
I hope your not casting dispersions at players like carney, Dugan, Sutton, ferguson etc ?

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ha. Nothing says bogan more than a good neck tatt
Those 4 are prime examples, they will be broke by 40 , unskilled and working in a pub and living in a caravan in their mums back yard

Status
Not open for further replies.