Jacob Loko - Did he escape a harsher penalty because Des feels he's 1st Grade bound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Loko
Loko was (and is) very VERY good. Consider him like our version of Alex Johnston.

Shitloads of talent, and was looking the goods at Parra (better than Will Hopoate and John Folau), but injury held him back.

Kinda like Chase Stanley actually.

IF and I repeat IF we can keep Jacob injury free, with the addition of wanting to make it up to the club for sticking by him in the DUI incident, then he will be an absolute animal on the field.

Not only a powerful ball runner (like Rona & Morris), but also has a decent amount of pace off the mark (or at least used to). In addition to this he (used to) have insane footwork, and that was most likely part the reason he did his knee. Bloke was able to change direction on a blade of grass. Add in a powerful fend, and you have an exciting prospect.

IF he can keep injury free and ends up in our backline, you'll be singing a very different tune come seasons end.
I'm happy i'm not the only one that remembers how dynamic this kid was at parra, looked like the centre equivalent of SBW.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The clubs not going to do anything before the court date. Then they will probably have to speak to the NRL about a penalty (if any).

I don't think he will be in first grade in round 1, he hasn't played since 2013 and needs to do some time in NSW cup. Later in the year during SOO he may get a chance to play centre.

I'd say Des has decided on the 1-5 - imo it will be Perrett, the Morris boys, Lafai and Rona (will have to wait to round 1 to see who plays where though).

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sonny started at centre? This kid was brilliant before injury struck. I hope he can continue the form he showed at Parra.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sonny started at centre? This kid was brilliant before injury struck. I hope he can continue the form he showed at Parra.
No what I meant was the hype that he created with his debut season was equivalent to that of sbw, only at centre instead of in the forwards..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm happy i'm not the only one that remembers how dynamic this kid was at parra, looked like the centre equivalent of SBW.
No one doubts his POTENTIAL but every player out of u/20s also has that ,it means nothing its what they do with it and how hard they work that helps them get to the next level ,i hope he is a star but he has to prove himself right now

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des will make sure that he plays first grade if and when he deems it suitable.Loko was a pretty dominant player in the 20's and injury put the skids under his further progression at Parramatta. The club will not jump the gun,with any punishment to be handed out only after his court appearance and its outcome.Let us look at prior outcomes of other clubs first and the NRL's reaction to them. A couple of players have been done recently for DUI, Kayne Linnett being one of a high range nature and he was fined $600 by the courts and disqualified from driving for a while.As far as I can remember the NRL took no further action and seemed happy with the punishment.At Least the media didn't crucify him and the incident only came to light AFTER the court appearance.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think i'd better clarify my original post.

I wasn't suggesting that he was a certainty to be starting in round one, I don't think he's any chance of that.

I'm also not suggesting that he's a sure thing to be a superstar, only that he definitely has the potential to be one.

I am of the opinion that this potential is the reason why our club, who is unfortunately judged by a different set of rules by both the media and the nrl, didn't take a harder line with his punishment.

I really doubt the club would allow him to be named in a trial in what seems to be the 1st team if they planned on then smashing him with a harsh penalty pending what can only be a formality of a court appearance (what defence could he possibly have??)

All this considered, I think he must be showing signs of fulfilling that amazing potential that we saw a few years back, in first grade, not the 20s like some posters have mentioned.

All this considered (ii) I'm ****ing excited.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
guys he has a court appearance next Thursday. It would be stupid of the club to release full statement and punishment until after all legal proceedings are dealt with which should be next Thursday.
This ^^

the club has said it will withhold any punishment until after the court case, the NRL have stated they will be making sure the punishment is sufficient

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I think he actually made his debut at centre against parra. Scored two tries, one from a chip and chase. Those were the days before he was dead to me

Status
Not open for further replies.