News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tell you what, curiosity got the better of me and watched the 360 segment on this. Anasta has turned into one of the better media personalities out there. Very articulate and isn’t afraid to tell it as it is. He summarized the ridiculousness of the situation really well
He really is and always backs us when Rothfield tries to stick the boot in. Even Kent does these days as much as I hate to admit it.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So 360 just unanimously agreed the NRL needs to support the Bulldogs in this for the good of the game. I don't think Topine is going to get any support our of the community besides the RLPA
they have to otherwise we'll have multiple court cases each year about this and it'll tarnish the game

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hmmm.....he may have a claim.
I doubt the damages would be anywhere near $4m.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Well that's the thing, things I'd consider, (not being a lawyer) is the task he was set ridiculous in nature? Was it degrading him as a person, was he humiliated to a degree that the common person, teammate will suffer psychological effects past the effects that occur for a NRL player expected to go through ie losses, even embarrassing losses and errors and demands of the public eye.

This was a private session, handled discretely until he brought it out. It's not like he was required to do a nudie run out in the public or one of those archaic unlawful initiation practices or some outrageous task not related to his requirements to be skillful and physically fit. Besides being a "penalty", to me it was to improve him as a player and teammate and isn't something totally unusual. Sorry if it comes out as a keyboard warrior but although hard and painful, etc. The most stress he'd honestly be going through after realising he doesn't want to continue to chase the dream is if he can win this case or not and putting the act on, etc. that whole process will play with his head, he's put it on himself, he might gain something from it (the case and other means that I'd prefer not to mention).
i don't see the link with a harder stance improving players, if thats automatically the case then the ultimate example of Uday Hussein running the iraq football team by torturing them should have been the best version of the iraq team, but in reality they achieved their best results as a team 4 years after they got liberated

if anything this is a tool to phase out some and then psychologically help the remaining players, like a form of scapegoating, they used to physically bring out a goat into the town and insult it, using it as a symbol for everything bad that happened and blame it, then they throw it off a cliff or get rid of it then everybody in the town feels better about being cleansed and feels stronger

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
I’m going to sue the bulldogs for emotional distress over the past 7 years of pathetic on field performances.

if topine wants to claim ‘assault’…in a contact sport…are we going to see players suing other players for high tackles? SJ should be filing a suit against fatrell for that forearm the other week ;)

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He even rocked up to training the next day and trained so if he was that scared he wouldn’t come to training this case is ridiculous if anything happens through this every player will be suing clubs the nrl and so forth of course there is a duty of care and they supported him named him at 18th man to play

so to me it sounds like he is just done with football and wants money every club has protocols this has been going on for years.

the nrl and rlpa need to back the bulldogs in this

Bulldog Bloke

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
there is a limit as to what can be done to punish players, like if the 30 players were to whip him or bang him in the ass then thats crossed the line

we should discuss what is the line, start off with something clearly fine and then make it slightly worse until you find the agreed limit

so if wrestling people is ok, how about wrestling them and 1 of them farts in your face?
Farting in face would be fine.
A “hot Karl” (defecating directly into his mouth) would probably be 50/50.
A full team teabagging would be acceptable.