News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, its literally Topines word against the club which is probably why he's gone all out (at the advice of his lawyer and manager probs). Looks like the sum of the statement of claim is what he may have expected to earn in his footy career which is insinuating Dogs have ended his career.

Anyway, this is messy. I suspect Dogs tried to settle out of court but both parties could not reach an agreement hence the SOC. This will go pear shaped for Topine unfortunately. I still think he was hard done by and wish things were different for him. And the media really should not be writing these stories and making the situation worse, but they don't care.
He's now got ambulance chasers and headline chasers in his head. If they're arguing this has ended his career, he has to accept that his career as far as it's concerned stretches as far as his contract goes. He was a depth player and not our first option. So I'd assume that they'd at best get his contract value and maybe enough money to pay for a shrink and a scholarship for training in his field of choice to cover our duty of care.

I'm assuming that this is a legal document the media have released and that will be frowned upon if it gets to court. These judgements aren't meant to be played out in the media.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A lot of very tough keyboard warriors in the TK. From what I saw the kid was tough. When he came into FG he often ended up covering for injured and was asked to do a lot of defence and play long minutes. He worked hard in those games, never shirked the work.

I hope the kid can make a comeback into the nrl with another club.
I hope he's able to sort his life out. If he's been broken by the game, then I hope he finds something enjoyable to him without the pressure and leads a happy productive life after this. If he makes it back into an NRL roster I hope he makes something of his career.

His handful of NRL games is more than most of us will achieve. He was highly regarded at the club on his way up. He'd currently found his ceiling though. Sadly if he'd thrown himself into the work as others on the fringes have, he might've been ahead of a few more players.

But from a recruitment perspective. If you have two fringe players with similar ability levels. One has played out a discipline claim through the media, the other has knuckled down to keep their place in the pecking order and hopefully improve it. You know which one the recruitment will chase with decent money and which one might get a minimum wage deal they have to work through at best

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
A lot of very tough keyboard warriors in the TK. From what I saw the kid was tough. When he came into FG he often ended up covering for injures and was asked to do a lot of defence and play long minutes. He worked hard in those games, never shirked the work.
I hope the kid can make a comeback into the nrl with another club.
And I know for a fact that there are a few real warriors on TK with physical and mental issues (or both) that would trade places in a second. We just don't whinge about it or look to scam some money like he is.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters coach Trent Robinson backs trainer at centre of Jackson Topine legal stoush

Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson has leapt to the defence of the club’s former trainer who finds himself at the centre of a bitter legal stoush with Bulldogs player Jackson Topine.

Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson has leapt to the defence of Travis Touma as the club’s former trainer finds himself at the centre of a bitter legal stoush between promising footballer Jackson Topine and Touma’s new club, the Bulldogs.

Touma spent several years at the Roosters where he established a reputation as one of the top trainers in the NRL. However, he is now under fire after Topine launched legal action against the Bulldogs over a training incident where he was ordered to wrestle the other members of the first grade squad as a punishment for being late for training.

According to documents lodged with the NSW Supreme Court, and obtained by The Australian newspaper, Touma allegedly ordered the punishment and then presided over it.

Topine subsequently took a break for mental health reasons and hasn’t been sighted in the NRL since – he has now been removed from the Bulldogs website.

“Travis is a very experienced trainer and a really outstanding person and his care factor is as high as I have seen with any staff member at any club I have been involved with,” Robinson said.

“I can’t speak to the incident but I know who Travis is and the quality person he is, and the care that he has for his players.”

Asked whether it was difficult to walk the line between pushing players to their limit or going beyond it, Robinson: “I don’t think so to be honest. You have to use players to be at their best and you have to care for them at the same time.

“You don’t always get it right but if you care for your program and the players you have in that program, then for the most part you will get it right.”

Source: Daily Shitrag

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, its literally Topines word against the club which is probably why he's gone all out (at the advice of his lawyer and manager probs). Looks like the sum of the statement of claim is what he may have expected to earn in his footy career which is insinuating Dogs have ended his career.

Anyway, this is messy. I suspect Dogs tried to settle out of court but both parties could not reach an agreement hence the SOC. This will go pear shaped for Topine unfortunately. I still think he was hard done by and wish things were different for him. And the media really should not be writing these stories and making the situation worse, but they don't care.
You are so correct.

When people realise that the media doesn't inform but manipulates, the world will be a better place.

It's all about agendas and opinions, sprinkled with a touch of "facts".

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hope he's able to sort his life out. If he's been broken by the game, then I hope he finds something enjoyable to him without the pressure and leads a happy productive life after this. If he makes it back into an NRL roster I hope he makes something of his career.

His handful of NRL games is more than most of us will achieve. He was highly regarded at the club on his way up. He'd currently found his ceiling though. Sadly if he'd thrown himself into the work as others on the fringes have, he might've been ahead of a few more players.

But from a recruitment perspective. If you have two fringe players with similar ability levels. One has played out a discipline claim through the media, the other has knuckled down to keep their place in the pecking order and hopefully improve it. You know which one the recruitment will chase with decent money and which one might get a minimum wage deal they have to work through at best
He should’ve never been in the top 30 but he is taking it very far 4 million really you versing the whole of the Canterbury Bankstown bulldogs lawyers too they will go all the way he was late and subject due to procedures and protocols.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Some players just aren't cut out for NRL. I think he came to the realisation that he was going to be a fringe player at the very best and came to conclusion that before he just faded into obscurity, he should use this opportunity to try and cash in.

Last edited:

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters coach Trent Robinson backs trainer at centre of Jackson Topine legal stoush

Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson has leapt to the defence of the club’s former trainer who finds himself at the centre of a bitter legal stoush with Bulldogs player Jackson Topine.

Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson has leapt to the defence of Travis Touma as the club’s former trainer finds himself at the centre of a bitter legal stoush between promising footballer Jackson Topine and Touma’s new club, the Bulldogs.

Touma spent several years at the Roosters where he established a reputation as one of the top trainers in the NRL. However, he is now under fire after Topine launched legal action against the Bulldogs over a training incident where he was ordered to wrestle the other members of the first grade squad as a punishment for being late for training.

According to documents lodged with the NSW Supreme Court, and obtained by The Australian newspaper, Touma allegedly ordered the punishment and then presided over it.

Topine subsequently took a break for mental health reasons and hasn’t been sighted in the NRL since – he has now been removed from the Bulldogs website.

“Travis is a very experienced trainer and a really outstanding person and his care factor is as high as I have seen with any staff member at any club I have been involved with,” Robinson said.

“I can’t speak to the incident but I know who Travis is and the quality person he is, and the care that he has for his players.”

Asked whether it was difficult to walk the line between pushing players to their limit or going beyond it, Robinson: “I don’t think so to be honest. You have to use players to be at their best and you have to care for them at the same time.

“You don’t always get it right but if you care for your program and the players you have in that program, then for the most part you will get it right.”

Source: Daily Shitrag
Just like Robinson, every NRL identity will be defending the Dogs and Touma in court because this also will influence how they handle training sessions and their players in the future. Topine is not ready for what’s coming

Big Dawg

Waterboy
Reaction score
Since everyone is enjoying the pile on, I'll just put this here.
No idea what drove him to this but think we got to remember there was a time where he was very well respected. For all anyone knows, could have been a range of factors outside of what you got from the article that led to today.

I know - spoils all the KB warriors fun eh? In that case - carry on.
We won 3 games in 2020, wasn't exactly a stacked field standards wise

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree. Timing is terrible too. Its like they waited for this win before putting it into the news cycle
More like waited till we had a bye,so the media can't even talk about how we played or anything else club related for 2 weeks

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's not fair. I can keep secrets.
WTF??
You couldn’t wait to tell us that Bruce Lerrhman was implicated in a second rape.
I wouldn’t even tell you my secret BBQ spice rub.