Jackson Hastings / Manly Strip Club Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
MANLY players have told head coach Trent Barrett they will not play in the same team as utility player Jackson Hastings, who is being shopped around for an immediate release.

It is an astonishing situation where are a side is in revolt over a teammate.
Barrett will today name a 21-man squad for Sunday’s vital match against Parramatta — and Hastings will be missing.

It is almost certain Hastings will be chosen for Manly’s feeder club, Blacktown Workers, who compete in the Intrust Super Premiership.
Unless Manly sustain further injuries to an already depleted playing roster, Hastings will not be chosen in first grade again this season. It is the sad demise of a player with substantial ability.

Club officials claim Hastings’ personality does not fit the Brookvale club.

Unless injury strikes, Hastings will not play first grade at Manly again.
Manly has attempted to assist Hastings with counselling. Barrett is also struggling with Hastings’ demeanour.

There are suggestions Hastings has “a lack of respect for senior players” and has been clashing recently with Manly skipper Daly Cherry-Evans.
The club acknowledged there was an incident between Hastings and Cherry-Evans in Gladstone last week but deny it was a fight.

Manly players have banded together against Hastings. Essentially, the players don’t want him in the side, placing Barrett in an unenviable position.

The issues with Hastings have been simmering now for several weeks at Brookvale.

He missed last weekend’s match against Wests Tigers with an Achilles injury. He wouldn’t have been chosen even if he was fit.

Hastings is on the verge of exiting his third NRL club.
Sea Eagles officials have started talks with Hastings’ manager, Sam Ayoub, about moving the young utility on to another club.

There has been some interest from the English Super League.

Asked about the Hastings drama, Manly chief executive Lyall Gorman said: “Like all players, we continue to provide an environment and culture where they can thrive.

“But, at the end of the day, if a player chooses not to fit into that then you’ve got to make cultural decisions.
“None of those have been made in the context of Jackson at the moment.”

Hastings certainly won’t be at Manly next season. It means Hastings will have had three NRL clubs by age 22.
One club insider said: “He is off with the playing group. There has been a lot of angst at training between Jackson and certain members of the playing group. This has been building up for a couple of weeks now. He just doesn’t fit in here.

“There is definitely a personality issue there. It’s coming across that there is a real lack of respect for senior players. This isn’t a one-off.”

There is no question Manly believe Hastings has ability and he has produced some stellar stints off the bench.

The former Rooster has put many players off-side.
Manly hope Hastings can rebound and find another NRL club. The Sea Eagles know Hastings has to leave but don’t want to deny him an opportunity to continue his rugby league career.

It is a difficult decision for Manly given officials are aware they have limited player depth this season.
Hastings did have similar issues with previous clubs, St George Illawarra and Sydney Roosters.

In February this year, Hastings told the Sydney media: “I am very competitive, wear my heart on my sleeve, and it probably shows some bad traits at times with the way I handle myself in situations.

“Off-field, I am completely different and pretty approachable.”
Hastings is the son of Roosters legend, Kevin

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some people never learn do they?

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/02/26/19/20/jackson-hastings-decsribes-sydney-roosters-exit-as-rubbish

Former Sydney Roosters half Jackson Hastings has described his exit from the club as "rubbish" after being thrown a lifeline to resurrect his NRL career with Manly.

Hastings, the son of former club legend Kevin "Horrie" Hastings", fell out of favour with the senior players last season and was banished to the Wyong Roos in the NSW Cup.

He was eventually released from the final year of his contract and signed with the Sea Eagles.

"It's been well documented that I had a run-in with a few different people and it's just sad the way it all ended at the Roosters," Hastings said.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reminds me of one of those people who say " Don't you know who I am/ my old man is?" when people ask them who they think they are?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Flicked from rooters because of his character... why was he flicked from the dragons? Geez

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flicked from rooters because of his character... why was he flicked from the dragons? Geez

He went to the Roosters for the money and believe it or not the Dragons were approached to take him back after he was let go by the Roosters but politely declined, so yeah wonder what did really happen there?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/1adfdc40308fe70dad3288369bac9277

This will only give Manly a bit more money, pretty handy considering they still need to fill a few spaces in their top 30 by the June 30 deadline as they had been prevented from doing so until their salary cap situation had been sorted.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Apparently has a real c--t of an attitude/ego .. thinks his shit doesn't smell because of his last name.

Could be the perfect foil alongside Foran if JMK fails to fire (or having JMK/Hastings as a super sub in the halves/hooker role).

I reckon the Dogs should offer them Frawley and Cleeland effective immediately as a player swap.

Maybe toss in a fringe forward as well.

Last edited:

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Sounds like a dick why does he think he is so high and mighty?

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Apparently has a real c--t of an attitude/ego .. thinks his shit doesn't smell because of his last name.

That said, could be the perfect foil alongside Foran if JMK fails to fire (or having JMK/Hastings as a super sub in the halves/hooker role).

But ... with a foul attitude how long would that last.
You would think that if you have been to three clubs and they all got rid of you for EXACTLY the same thing, that you would stop and say..."Shit, I need to change my ways!!" Instead, knuckle head thinks that he is a superstar cause my dad was.
Can you all imagine having this dickhead and Sezer playing in our team together....they would probably punch on in the middle of a game. FMD, this generation thinks that everything is "owed" to them and that they don't have to work or earn it!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Manly players refuse to take the field with Jackson Hastings as exit looms
DEAN RITCHIE, EXCLUSIVE, The Daily Telegraph
16 minutes ago

It is almost certain Hastings will be chosen for Manly’s feeder club, Blacktown Workers, who compete in the Intrust Super Premiership.

Unless Manly sustain further injuries to an already depleted playing roster, Hastings will not be chosen in first grade again this season. It is the sad demise of a player with substantial ability.

Club officials claim Hastings’ personality does not fit the Brookvale club.

Manly has attempted to assist Hastings with counselling. Barrett is also struggling with Hastings’ demeanour.
There are suggestions Hastings has “a lack of respect for senior players” and has been clashing recently with Manly skipper Daly Cherry-Evans.

The club acknowledged there was an incident between Hastings and Cherry-Evans in Gladstone last week but deny it was a fight.

Manly players have banded together against Hastings. Essentially, the players don’t want him in the side, placing Barrett in an unenviable position.

The issues with Hastings have been simmering now for several weeks at Brookvale.
He missed last weekend’s match against Wests Tigers with an Achilles injury. He wouldn’t have been chosen even if he was fit.
Sea Eagles officials have started talks with Hastings’ manager, Sam Ayoub, about moving the young utility on to another club.

There has been some interest from the English Super League.

Asked about the Hastings drama, Manly chief executive Lyall Gorman said: “Like all players, we continue to provide an environment and culture where they can thrive. But, at the end of the day, if a player chooses not to fit into that then you’ve got to make cultural decisions. None of those have been made in the context of Jackson at the moment.”

Hastings certainly won’t be at Manly next season. It means Hastings will have had three NRL clubs by age 22.

One club insider said: “He is off with the playing group. There has been a lot of angst at training between Jackson and certain members of the playing group. This has been building up for a couple of weeks now. He just doesn’t fit in here. There is definitely a personality issue there. It’s coming across that there is a real lack of respect for senior players. This isn’t a one-off.”

There is no question Manly believe Hastings has ability and he has produced some stellar stints off the bench.

Manly hope Hastings can rebound and find another NRL club. The Sea Eagles know Hastings has to leave but don’t want to deny him an opportunity to continue his rugby league career. It is a difficult decision for Manly given officials are aware they have limited player depth this season.

Hastings did have similar issues with previous clubs, St George Illawarra and Sydney Roosters.

In February this year, Hastings told the Sydney media: “I am very competitive, wear my heart on my sleeve, and it probably shows some bad traits at times with the way I handle myself in situations. Off-field, I am completely different and pretty approachable.”

Hastings is the son of Roosters legend, Kevin.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
By the way ... Hastings manager (Sam Ayoub), is both Foran, Montoya and Lichaas manager.... could have some swing given how we've helped Foran.

Seriously Manly need halves options, and Frawley and Cleeland don't have a future here.. offer them both as a player swap.. it's genius.

Then next season release Nu Brown and use Hastings... or heck... offer up Nu Brown as well in the player trade.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
But could the issue also be DCEgo ??

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/22e384f3eb118dd79d214e5e2e109d44
NRL 2018: Manly players reportedly refuse to play with Jackson Hastings

ROOSTERS NRL star Cooper Cronk has expressed his fear for Jackson Hastings’ playing future after reports Manly players are refusing to play with the young utility.

According to The Daily Telegraph, Sea Eagles players have told coach Trent Barrett they refuse to line-up in the same team as Hastings who has had a personality clash with key figures at the club.

The 22-year-old is being shopped around as a result and is unlikely to feature in anymore NRL games for the Sea Eagles.

Rumours emerged last week that Hastings, who joined the club in 2017, had a been involved in a fight at training with skipper Daly Cherry-Evans.

After the side’s loss to the Wests Tigers on Sunday, Cherry-Evans dismissed it as a “lovers’ tiff”.

“Something must have happened that we don’t know about,” Cronk told the Big League Wrap.
“He’s someone that would fill Cherry-Evans, five-eighth, hooker, play a bit of lock if required. It’s a big call from Cherry-Evans and the leadership group to do that if that’s true. It’s also a big call for Jackson Hastings going forward.”

Hastings was a star coming through the junior ranks at St George Illawarra before he signed with the Roosters where he played 34 games before then moving to the northern beaches.

It’s not the first time Hastings has been reportedly involved in off-field clashes with teammates.

“It’s a massive call from Manly because of the salary cap situation,” former NRL player Michael Ennis said. “They can’t go to the market and buy someone else, and now the issue with Api Koroisau in the talk to play Origin. It’s a big call, you need depth.”

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just another arrogant little fuck in a
Long line of arrogant little fucks in the nrl

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This will only give Manly a bit more money, pretty handy considering they still need to fill a few spaces in their top 30 by the June 30 deadline as they had been prevented from doing so until their salary cap situation had been sorted.
Another club needs to be willing to take on a problem child with talent for Manly to get through this without paying some of his wage. If it's not just a media blow up about the rest of the squad refusing to play alongside him, it may create a situation where most clubs will be wary of paying reasonable money out for a player who's creating unrest within the squad.

At the same time there are situations where players might be convinced to exploit clubs by behaving poorly to earn early releases. I've got a friend with some links at Brisbane who has told me that Brisbane have convinced players they want to sign to break rules or create situations with their clubs that leave those clubs in a situation where they're willing to release a talented player that is under contract. I'm inclined to think this has a ring of truth to it given a few things that have recently happened where Brisbane profited by picking up (or attempting to pick up) gun players. When Dugan was released after taking photos drinking while on an injury related drinking ban, the Broncos had a contract lined up for him almost immediately. Dugan screwed that up with stupid comments on social media. The same frriend told me that a lot of the things that happened prior to us releasing Barba to them were suggestions from the Broncos on how he could get out of his contract here. So if Hastings wound up heading to Brisbane when the dust settles I wouldn't be surprised.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
By the way ... Hastings manager (Sam Ayoub), is both Foran, Montoya and Lichaas manager.... could have some swing given how we've helped Foran.

Seriously Manly need halves options, and Frawley and Cleeland don't have a future here.. offer them both as a player swap.. it's genius.

Then next season release Nu Brown and use Hastings... or heck... offer up Nu Brown as well in the player trade.
They aren’t in a position of power, the other party is. They want to get rid of him we can’t offer two players that’s silly. Even 3. Hastings was linked to us in pre season

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Could be the perfect foil alongside Foran if JMK fails to fire (or having JMK/Hastings as a super sub in the halves/hooker role).

I reckon the Dogs should offer them Frawley and Cleeland effective immediately as a player swap.

Maybe toss in a fringe forward as well.
Just no. We arent a halfway house for dickheads.

the hound

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

A trade could be possible, though the bloke is hard to take.

He has serious angst, he might be a Hastings by name, but he had little to do with his old man as Kevin lived in the US for a large part of Jackson's youth. His mother was also nearly went to the clink for using real estate strata fund to pay for her gambling addiction. A good psychologist on a regular basis and maybe he could be an asset for the dogs, as he is a competitor and has serious football skills, but can be a right c*$@ and lacks humility which keeps rubbing folks up the wrong way. His journey from St George to Roosters to Manly is because nobody wants to keep the bloke. So maybe we are best to stick with the bunch we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.