Opinion Jackson/Elliot on field leadership

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
problem is no one waiting in the wings @ this stage it will have to be burton

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
These two are probably the worst captains/Co Captain in bulldogs history.

What do they say out there to inspire their boys?

I can't remember the team playing this clueless under Graham, Ennis or Ryan.
Jackson is a leader, an exhausted one.

The other bloke likes to betray his mates and talk a lot.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wondering if Thommo has the right stuff, we'll see how he goes when finishes his suspension, but he showed a bit last season. If he is stepping up and leading the pack, maybe sneak him in as co-captain for the rest of the season, and then captain in 2022.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Well no Piakura hurts... Fuck I wish we could have got John Bateman, he's a real leader and winner.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ennis was the last true leader at the club

honourable mentions to james graham and frank pritchard, but ennis used to do incredible on field things to get the boys going including his antics

unfortunately we swapped him for lichaa who was the dullest person of all time, cronulla went from wooden spooners to champions and we went from contending for titles to contending for wooden spoons

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wondering if Thommo has the right stuff, we'll see how he goes when finishes his suspension, but he showed a bit last season. If he is stepping up and leading the pack, maybe sneak him in as co-captain for the rest of the season, and then captain in 2022.
I don’t. I’m willing to bet we see the back of him before his contract ends too.

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
These two are probably the worst captains/Co Captain in bulldogs history.

What do they say out there to inspire their boys?

I can't remember the team playing this clueless under Graham, Ennis or Ryan.
One of them tried to dummy and score himself and fully fucked it for flanno under the posts,he should be dropped for that alone hogs and showponies are not the go.if flanno scores there his confidence is up and then he lifts the team with him and who knows what happens fkn idiot

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don’t. I’m willing to bet we see the back of him before his contract ends too.
To much pressure for him trying to carry our dud pack, when that Klemmer style of play isn't his go... I don't expect him to hang around for his entire contract either

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Adam Elliot his the line with pace, but he thinks he's way better than he actually is and it's a problem. Tbh Elliot and Jackson in the same team doesn't work as they are both on big money and stifle our backrow options in regards to development and interchange... One of them should be moved on

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don’t think there has been any real leadership at this club since Ennis left, don’t get me started on the board

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Adam Elliot his the line with pace, but he thinks he's way better than he actually is and it's a problem. Tbh Elliot and Jackson in the same team doesn't work as they are both on big money and stifle our backrow options in regards to development and interchange... One of them should be moved on
A lot could see this. Why Baz talked him into staying we'll never know.

It's one or the other. And JJ was already signed till end of 2023. We had Doorey and Topine. Crazy retention.

Another Top 30 decision that hampers and blocks improvement.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our leadership is a definite problem. Our senior players Jacko and Hoppa look like their best days are well and truly behind them and they look like they are entrenched in the losing mindset and just go about their job with no intensity. Yeah Jacko makes alot of tackles but we need more inspiration from our captain. We can offload Hoppa this year but are stuck with Jacko. I'd be willing to ship him out and pay some freight

Jeez I wish we could have got Dale Finucane back to the club and make him captain from day 1. He has that hard edge and intensity and coming from the Storm system would have been a great leader for us