Opinion Jackson at Prop?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wtf is Sam Moa..

as suggested Jacko needs to be more of a bit player hopefully CC sees this..harsh reality is he is well into his twilight years we need better on an edge and for 80 minutes.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson offers absolutely fuck all as an 80 minute player, you just can't carry a bloke for that long that literally just runs and tackles at an average level. We've also got King now, he was literally putting Jackson like numbers up in defence while being more dominant, being a stronger ball carrier and having an offload.

Jackson's role needs to change and we should be looking at reducing his minutes and increasing his intensity imo. Jackson playing say 40 minutes with maybe a touch more size at a higher intensity probably offers more than Jackson just slogging it out for large periods.
The obligation to pick Jackson in the side. Just simply finding a spot for him has hampered our game for years.

I don’t question his effort or his passion, but his game has been on a steady decline since he last played Origin some 6-7 years ago.

At best he is a 20-30 minute bench middle. I think he would be better used as a club captain playing NSW Cup and a backup for First Grade. He should have been given the tap a couple of years ago.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson offers very little at this stage of his career however we are stuck with him for 1 more year and we all know he'll be in the starting side somewhere.
I'd Just hide him on the right side and tell him to make tackles and help out a young Alamoti next to him.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's no difference between starting in jersey 8, 10 or 13, it's still a middle forward.
Important thing is to get the right balance in the starting pack when you look at metres, defence, offloads etc.
Jackson should start at 13 with reduced minutes, to tighten up the defensive line, limited ball playing and quick play the balls, 40 - 50 minutes per game.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could see Jackson starting at 12 next year and then being rotated into the middle to help with defence. I don’t want to see Mahoney doing massive amounts of defence his contact isn’t that great I would prefer someone else expending the energy, plus we don’t have many first grade capable forwards next year we are going to get rolled through the middle

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson offers very little at this stage of his career however we are stuck with him for 1 more year and we all know he'll be in the starting side somewhere.
I'd Just hide him on the right side and tell him to make tackles and help out a young Alamoti next to him.
Why are we stuck with him though?
Loyalty goes both ways. We are stuck with him as a contracted player in our cap but that shouldn’t make him a guaranteed start in our top 17. In my opinion he isn’t in our top 17. He should be able to recognise this also.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nooooooooooooooooooòooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The fact that people are considering Jackson as a prop, really shows how light on we are for props.
Prop forwards are the main reason that teams win games.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson will be here as for at least another couple of years as I don't think he is costing us anything in the way of salary cap.

I think he is the only player and possibly RFM that will qualify for the long service player allowance which is 500k.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Likely to play a similar role to late this season: start on the right edge, substitute someone in the middle.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson will be here as for at least another couple of years as I don't think he is costing us anything in the way of salary cap.

I think he is the only player and possibly RFM that will qualify for the long service player allowance which is 500k.
If he is offered a new deal that is anything more than a minimum wage depth signing contract. The club have lost the plot. He might be a good mentor in NSW Cup but he is hindering the club’s development taking up an NRL spot.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Get over these stupid threads. Jackson is a pillar of our club. He will Be playing next season back row or 13. If other forwards step up and start playing as hard as him then we may actually win a few games until then enjoy the offseason and get of Jackson’s back.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Jackson should be used like Sorenson is for Penrith.