Official Jacko Re-Signs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes I’m happy we resigned him but it’s not like he is in career best form and we are a top 4 team resigning all our players.

seems like we are missing out on all the players we are shooting for and then just deciding fkuk it’s let’s re sign who we already have.

The players we have haven’t dont anything not even scrape into the 8
We are re-signing most of our good players and it would be stupid and impossible to go and recruit 30 new players

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Foran had been on the field last couple of years , we might have got close to being a top 4 team.. maybe not ... but maybe.... I think we’d have least played finals....
....great signing re JJ. Well done Dogs. Saw his debut game live ... came off the bench in a game in Mackay v Storm!
I’m pleased we’ve learned lesson re keeping our captains.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes I’m happy we resigned him but it’s not like he is in career best form and we are a top 4 team resigning all our players.

seems like we are missing out on all the players we are shooting for and then just deciding fkuk it’s let’s re sign who we already have.

The players we have haven’t dont anything not even scrape into the 8
It's not like anyone outside of the recruitment committee actually know if we've missed our targets. For what it's worth the majority of clubs have focused on retention so far. I can't think of any notable players that have committed to a new club for 2021. I'm not working hard to keep abreast of signing news. So I might have missed some big name players on the move. But there hasn't been an avalanche of them. We're not the only club in this boat.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's not like anyone outside of the recruitment committee actually know if we've missed our targets. For what it's worth the majority of clubs have focused on retention so far. I can't think of any notable players that have committed to a new club for 2021. I'm not working hard to keep abreast of signing news. So I might have missed some big name players on the move. But there hasn't been an avalanche of them. We're not the only club in this boat.
It really doesn't matter what we or other clubs have done. The reality is a lot of the better players available for 2021 have been retained at their current club. If you're targeting players you need to sign them one year in advanced (the November after they're allowed to be given a rival contract). It's less likely that we haven't targeted anyone then we've missed out on everyone we've been strongly linked too (the truth is somewhere in between). We're going to continue with our current recruitment method at least until the end of 2020 - changing that now would be stupid due to the talent already missed out on. Also we can't recruit normally due to being so far down the pecking order - another reason to not use other clubs as an example.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter what we or other clubs have done. The reality is a lot of the better players available for 2021 have been retained at their current club. If you're targeting players you need to sign them one year in advanced (the November after they're allowed to be given a rival contract). It's less likely that we haven't targeted anyone then we've missed out on everyone we've been strongly linked too (the truth is somewhere in between). We're going to continue with our current recruitment method at least until the end of 2020 - changing that now would be stupid due to the talent already missed out on.
Unless there are already some 2021 deals done that are under wraps because we couldn't take them for 2020 (last year of cap pain) assuming that their current clubs would cut them loose immediately.
I noticed when asked at the Member Forum about plans beyond 2020 they were deliberately coy, simply saying that 'a number of conversations are underway' and making clear that the current focus is all about 2020 - but obviously there's planning going on for beyond 2020...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Unless there are already some 2021 deals done that are under wraps because we couldn't take them for 2020 (last year of cap pain) assuming that their current clubs would cut them loose immediately.
I noticed when asked at the Member Forum about plans beyond 2020 they were deliberately coy, simply saying that 'a number of conversations are underway' and making clear that the current focus is all about 2020 - but obviously there's planning going on for beyond 2020...
I'd like that but again a lot of the better players available have already been retained (mainly) or moved elsewhere for 2021 - which is why I'm under the impression we'll sign players for 2022 or again continue with our current recruitment method. There are still some good ones available tho for 2021. I find it hard to believe tho that these sort of things wouldn't of been leaked in the media and if not now then in due time.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'd like that but again a lot of the better players available have already been retained (mainly) or moved elsewhere for 2021 - which is why I'm under the impression we'll sign players for 2022 or again continue with our current recruitment method. There are still some good ones available tho for 2021. I find it hard to believe tho that these sort of things wouldn't of been leaked in the media and if not now then in due time.
I guess that depends on the terms. If there's a clause saying if it leaks it's off...
There's so much we just can't believe.
Another thing the bleaters were banging on about was that certain player managers allegedly refused to deal with the Dogs...
I wonder if that included Gavin Orr (deregistered), Isaac Moses (show cause to not be deregistered), Antoun Zibara (fined for breaches of conduct for player managers) or Mario Tartak (breach notice for failing to declare bankruptcy proceedings).
No wonder the club is being uber careful with who knows what...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Next is Adam Idiot who won’t get an offer from another NRL team but we will offer 450k
I can tell you now that Elliott already has big money offers from at least three powerhouse clubs. The dogs are very keen to retain him, but will need to act quick.

shows what you know!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I can tell you now that Elliott already has big money offers from at least three powerhouse clubs. The dogs are very keen to retain him, but will need to act quick.

shows what you know!
The Tathra Sea Eagles, The Quirindi Grasshoppers and The Morpeth Bulls, correct?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The Tathra Sea Eagles, The Quirindi Grasshoppers and The Morpeth Bulls, correct?
Nope, the Roosters, Storm and emerging powerhouse the Gold Coast Titans.

Adam wants to stay in Sydney and isn’t keen on latte sipping yuppies, so we are still in a good position.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Adam wants to stay in Sydney and isn’t keen on latte sipping yuppies, so we are still in a good position.
The Titans I’d believe. The other 2...
Don’t get me wrong, don’t doubt his sincerity, enthusiasm and being an all round good guy. I just don’t see a place for him beyond 2020 at Belmore and NRL teams are constant turnstiles.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I’d believe he isn’t keen on being stuck in Reggies, cos that’s where he’d be at the Rorters...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, don’t doubt his sincerity, enthusiasm and being an all round good guy. I just don’t see a place for him beyond 2020 at Belmore and NRL teams are constant turnstiles.
If he isn’t re-signed, I will stage a protest outside Belmore. I don’t care if I have to do it all by myself.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If he isn’t re-signed, I will stage a protest outside Belmore. I don’t care if I have to do it all by myself.
Let me know when you plan to do that and I'll bring you down a packed lunch...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hmmm I feel a Hitler coming on Dinkum.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He needs to be more consistent and get rid of the stupid errors in his game.

I put the boot in just because I lose my mind during the season LOL, but he isn't as bad as what some people say.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Great news..... just hope Adam Idiot doesn’t do the same

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
He won’t make a decision until after round six.Dogs want him but he and a lot of others want change within.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He won’t make a decision until after round six.Dogs want him but he and a lot of others want change within.
Fmd, can't someone else want him lol.