Official Jack Hetherington signs with the Knights on a 3 year-deal from 2023

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Klemmer..? You need a lobotomy …
Bruz he is my VC in my fantasy team for the sheer fact he brings in a consistant 60 points every week. Yes he is the dumbest attacking forward in the comp but as a battering ram he is very much up there.

Plus he slapped our forward pack.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bruz he is my VC in my fantasy team for the sheer fact he brings in a consistant 60 points every week. Yes he is the dumbest attacking forward in the comp but as a battering ram he is very much up there.
And a shit slow play the ball that allows defensive lines to set. He scares no-one either in offence or defence and kills the ruck. Game has past him by.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And a shit slow play the ball that allows defensive lines to set. He scares no-one either in offence or defence and kills the ruck. Game has past him by.

Cant argue with that.. Though he is a handle to stop which fatigues teams.

Really, Leo Thomson is the goods, kids gonna be a machine in a couple.

In the end it just depends what we need.... I'd keep Vaughan firstly, the guy, TPJ and King along with Sutton should be sufficient with Patolo also in the mix. If he doesnt stick aorund we need a decent prop.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wish we kept him. But his family is all up in Newcastle so suits both parties I guess.
I honestly think he will be another one we let go that will take his career to another level and we’ll be pissed off we let him go.
Good luck Hethro
I wonder if we had signed Flanagan Snr already if Jack would've stayed. He's a talent waiting to be taught how to pace himself, run support, have controlled aggression and ball play. Flanagan instilling discipline in him would of worked. Now we will never know.
Gould had a massive wrap on him at Penruff. So wtf haven't we appointed a Coach yet? Is Gould waiting till everyone asks for a release first to start again a la Dolphins. Naden, JMK, Hetherington is just the start.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Penalty machine? That's a bit harsh. His tackling technique needs work, particularly when he gets wrong footed by an elusive ball runner, but most of his penalties were given away for tackling while wearing a Bulldogs jumper. He was sent off against the Cowboys (right off not sin bin) for a head high tackle on Valentine Holmes where his arm contacted the ball then rode up. This was a couple of weeks before the crack down on high tackles began, and Holmes was not hurt in the incident, and was able to continue playing.

I for one will be sorry to see him go. He wasn't worth the money we were (allegedly) paying him, but, unlike some of our other recent signings, he gave 100% effort, and with the right handling he could have developed into a decent player,
I agree. Seen plenty of players cop less attention from the refs and judiciary for far worse incidents. As far as it all goes he's got aggression that can't be taught and speed to burn which is a really great rare attribute for a forward. If he'd been around when we had Shrek, Asotasi Price etc, he'd have been a scary player to oppose.

I wonder if we had signed Flanagan Snr already if Jack would've stayed. He's a talent waiting to be taught how to pace himself, run support, have controlled aggression and ball play. Flanagan instilling discipline in him would of worked. Now we will never know.
Gould had a massive wrap on him at Penruff. So wtf haven't we appointed a Coach yet? Is Gould waiting till everyone asks for a release first to start again a la Dolphins. Naden, JMK, Hetherington is just the start.
Agree with most of this too. With the right coaching I think he'll get his discipline in order and turn into a pretty dominant forward.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hallelujah

Gosh he was a penalty merchant spud

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Parra has made a huge offer for him and he’s a mercenary anyway. He always goes to the highest bidder.
offer him an extra 100k. It's probably not enough to entice him but at least we gave it a go :(

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 of those years will be spent on the sideline suspended.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hit the road Jack, don’t ya come back …
agree never gonna hit the heights that they talked about. There are so many forwards these days with skills above his levels "could develop" constantly thrown up. Everyone could develop Ruben Cotter proves that hard work better than elite athletic build. That was the Bulldog DNA hardworking.

Last edited:

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parra reportedly offered 625k per year. 725k per year for Matterson would be nuts in my opinion.
They offered him more than Mahoney ???

Must have some of our d recruiting team working for them

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
You say those 3 names leaving like it’s a bad thing?

Hetho at 300-350k sure. I’d be disappointed.

500k? No thanks.