News Jack De Bellend Megathread

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The toot is on message as usual

NRL Really Striving To Stretch Out The Post-Origin Analysis For Another Week Or So

https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php...-post-origin-analysis-for-another-week-or-so/
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...s-for-another-week-or-so/&via=betootaadvocate

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT
After a spectacular finish to an embattled 2020 season, the NRL is trying their very best to keep the pundits talking about Queensland’s State Of Origin victory last Wednesday.
While the National Rugby League can be commended for managing to be the first ever professional competition in the world to return to the field after lockdown, their efforts to keep the spotlight on the now concluded 2020 season no longer makes sense.
That is, until you look skim through the NSW Courts List.
As is tradition in rugby league, the November post-grand final lull is usually when headlines about off-field discretions begin.
In the 2018 off-season, we saw the rise of leaked WhatsApp sex tapes, in the 2019 off-season it was the bar fights Bali.
However, 2020’s off-season headlines appear to be much darker and twisted than usual, as several big name players face court for shit that our newspaper doesn’t have the lawyers to report on.
So, instead, everyone is going to just keep talking about Cameron Munster’s mammoth effort to return from a game II concussion to bring home the Origin shield in a nail biting decider last week!!!
And what about this Harry Grant bloke, if I was Freddy Fittler I’d be very nervous heading into 2021.
Because if that match of football that was played over a week ago taught us anything, it’s that the Melbourne Storm backline is in safe Queenslander hands moving forward.
That’s if they can keep hold of their wingers!
Press releases surrounding possible new signings for 2021 have also littered the news cycle, as Josh Addo-Carr apparently might be transferring to six different clubs.
How good is the soap opera of ON-FIELD rugby league!

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes who of us really knows.

Just as most think debellend is a scumbag and also his mate who admits he didnt have express consent from her, then we need to also admit the girl was dumb for getting herself into the position. She says she thought they were walking to the nearby club but went along with the tuk tuk ride. Then the destination was changed to apparently charge phones.

I guess that was her second mistake after coming onto DeBellend's mate, if her story is correct.

Females can't put themselves in these situations and can't trust guys and go off with them, if her story is correct.

At least it seems we have moved on from the old excuse of sexual assault that the woman dressed provocatively and therefore encouraged the bloke to do it.

Just as males need counselling for inappropriate behaviour, and maybe how to better treat a pickup than chuck em a fiddy, then so do young women, who put themselves in harms way by flirting and give off the perceived message to guys that they want sex....although sometimes just a look across a room can give a guy that idea :grinning:

Good luck to the jury.
It sounds like plenty of young woman are more than happy to drag NRL players back home for a romp and are pretty explicit about it. You would have to say that more often than not it works out just fine. I don't think much will change because both parties are up for the deal. It should be a wake up call for some players to be more respectful however.

It's ironic that both cases we are looking at now involve at least one other potential witness being in the residence at the time of the offence and the alleged rapists being aware of it. It would be a very silly act to rape someone with their mother in the next room or knowing a resident was nearby as in JDB's case. It's obviously silly and wrong in the first place but having witnesses would add another level of stupidity. I can't see either player being that stupid but we'll see I guess.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It sounds like plenty of young woman are more than happy to drag NRL players back home for a romp and are pretty explicit about it. You would have to say that more often than not it works out just fine. I don't think much will change because both parties are up for the deal. It should be a wake up call for some players to be more respectful however.

It's ironic that both cases we are looking at now involve at least one other potential witness being in the residence at the time of the offence and the alleged rapists being aware of it. It would be a very silly act to rape someone with their mother in the next room or knowing a resident was nearby as in JDB's case. It's obviously silly and wrong in the first place but having witnesses would add another level of stupidity. I can't see either player being that stupid but we'll see I guess.
I dunno, paying $550 for a cab just to try & root a chick you met on the internet is next level stupidity haha

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah. It defo is a little weird. It's not like he couldn't have pulled someone by just going to a bar in Sydney?
He’d have a phone full of chicks. This one must’ve been really hot. If one of my mates left my bucks party to get a taxi to Sydney to meet a girl I’d tell him to fuck off

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He’d have a phone full of chicks. This one must’ve been really hot. If one of my mates left my bucks party to get a taxi to Sydney to meet a girl I’d tell him to fuck off
We used to call them a WOM (Women Over Mates), and they would have been ridiculed at best and never invited out again at worst.

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I dunno, paying $550 for a cab just to try & root a chick you met on the internet is next level stupidity haha
Well that's true but it's better than driving whilst drunk. If you earn massive money a taxi isn't such a bad idea.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We used to call them a WOM (Women Over Mates), and they would have been ridiculed at best and never invited out again at worst.
Hahaha. If it’s a mate who doesn’t get much action & it’s like a Mr Whippy van overturning when he finally does or a shy ranga etc I’ll give some leeway but someone like Hayne who as dumb & arrogant as he is could click his fingers and get a chick there’s no excuse. Especially leaving a bucks party!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jury came back without a unanimous decision. Judge has sent them away again to consider all the facts and evidence.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jury came back without a unanimous decision. Judge has sent them away again to consider all the facts and evidence.
Thought this might be the outcome. Makes you wonder how many of the jury are actually engaging with the evidence presented, rather than simply going with with how they feel about either him or her.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the update.. The longer it goes on the more stressful it must be for everyone involved.

Hopefully not much longer and more importantly... Justice is served.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thought this might be the outcome. Makes you wonder how many of the jury are actually engaging with the evidence presented, rather than simply going with with how they feel about either him or her.
You only need "reasonable doubt".

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Judge determined to get jury decision, as there will be a huge shit fight if there's no verdict, with high pressure for DPP to go again despite the reality of a case that has dragged out with highly public wider fallout

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Judge determined to get jury decision, as there will be a huge shit fight if there's no verdict, with high pressure for DPP to go again despite the reality of a case that has dragged out with highly public wider fallout
After seeing what happened in the George Pell after the original jury failed to reach a verdict, I hope the prosecution drops the charges (assuming the jury faily to reach a unanimous verdict).

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
IMO it's likely reflective of the evidence of the case, which thus far appears to be his version of events versus hers.

If there was strong evidence on her side, the jury would likely have returned a guilty verdict by now.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jury has to re-consider the facts, and try come to a conclusion.

If that does not eventuate, the judge can ever make a decision himself, OR, consider the jury hung and go through the trial process again with a new trial.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our countrys law and order and judicial system is one fucked up comic show in my opinion.
Peoples lives are on the line everyday and our police and judges, unless u have a spare 500 000, are ruining countless lives and families and are never held responsible for it. I watch so many people plead guilty and lives are falling apart because our police department are so one sided in every situation. Gives little hope to the average aussie.
No wonder suicide is such a large problem out west here.
If there is someone smart on this sight please go become pm and fix this country before it gets worse