Jack Bird signs with Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are you retarted or just trying to squirm out of it! Add the salarys up which u quoted, then take 400k off which puts body's new contract at800k n Gillettes at 600k ! Equals 6.75, add another 8 players at a minimum off 100k each, and I'm pretty sure Davis meads etc arnt on 100k but I will play nice and say they are! puts it too 7.55, then put birds 1.2 on that equals 8.3m! And ur 600k each for marquee and long service? The rugby players committee are meeting after Easter coz the proposed new ones that there not happy with are 300k of each! Cam smith interview said salary cap and everything is well short of what they wanted! And 3rd party doesn't come off the cap it's extra for players outside the cap, and if u think Kahu new contract is 250k lololololol
I think your calculator must be broken, I already did the math for it and it clearly shows that my figures added up way below the 7 million mark AFTER i ADDED THE 8 PLAYERS. Its 600k for marquee players and 300k for long service players = 900k. Yea exactly the suggested cap is short of the mark which means that next there going to have even more to spend if the players get there way. Kahu signed his last deal being a fringe first grader that couldn't stay on the park due to injuries. His new contract won't be more than 350k max.

Anyway the conversation is done now.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Simple things like others have pointed out. The gee crap, any other club wouldn't get away with it. The way Barba was not Meant to Be on anymore then his deal was with us when he was released for The broncs. Then when he joined the sharks turned out he was on close to Double that and they had to pay a bit to sharks first deal. The examples of
How hunt is going and now said to be on 400k and somehow they have 1.2mil with the upgrades done spare still. As I said mate pretty obvious. Pretend it's not and bury your head it's cool.
You still haven't shown any evidence, you've just told me about Gee which I already knew about which was a $298,000 repayment 3 years ago. Show me who's on what and I'll believe you otherwise they are just baseless accusations.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So he took a massive pay cut to stay.

Broncos seem confident of signing Jack Bird.
Yea the deal seems all but done. Not sure how it's going to work though because him and Milford are pretty similar players.

1. Boyd
6. Bird
7. Milford
9. McCullough

There all quality players but there going to have the same problem as us and lack a consistent playmaker, but it's going to be one hell of a running team.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Don't forget it's going to be the cheapest spine in the nrl. If Kahu re signs on 250k then Boyd will
Be 400k bird 300k milf 300k McCullough 300k as they rotate sucking Wayne's (who is on 150k mind you) nipples and sing kumbaya

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
You still haven't shown any evidence, you've just told me about Gee which I already knew about which was a $298,000 repayment 3 years ago. Show me who's on what and I'll believe you otherwise they are just baseless accusations.

Yeh nah they really found out how much they where cheating when he went silent and nothing happened. Should of let storm
Do the same. Sure it was only a 150k cheat 6 years ago. Mind you cause it was so hard for them to get away with it without any questions and all they may well have pushed it up to 155k now [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]View attachment 2533View attachment 2534

Last edited:

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bennett just confirmed that the Broncos are after Bird for a 700,000 a season deal, BUT he also said that he won't shift Milford to Halfback if Bird does sign on. So I guess that means that either Bird will play Lock or Halfback because Bennett also said that Boyd won't be moving into the halves.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Just saw an article on this! How the fark can they have 1.2mil a year. They are re signing everyone with upgrades and before you say they lost Ben hunt last deal signed he was a fringe player and would be lucky to be on 300k ffs....
Yet they couldn't retain Ben Hunt on $1,200,000 per year like the Dragons did when they signed him?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Breaking in twitter, journals reporting he's confirmed to Broncos.

Probably signed for a warm bottle of coke.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i wonder what Bennetts pitch was, Bird obviously didn't move for the money because otherwise he would've signed with the Knights who also promised him the #6 jersey. Expect Bird to be the lock next season at the broncos.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wonder what Bennetts pitch was, Bird obviously didn't move for the money because otherwise he would've signed with the Knights who also promised him the #6 jersey. Expect Bird to be the lock next season at the broncos.
Probably along the lines of "we won't ever play you at centre again".

Jack would love that, he hates playing centre!

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol. Broncos need to be investigated

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sharks statement on Jack Bird

Our Club has today been advised that regardless of our best efforts to retain him, Jack Bird has accepted a multi-year contract at the Brisbane Broncos.

Despite our Club making its highest ever financial offer to secure a current player, it could not match the multimillion dollar deal offered to Bird to join the Broncos.

“While we are always disappointed to see any player move on from our Club, and particularly one of Jack’s talent, it is also important to note that the future of our Club is not built around any one individual,” Sharks CEO Lyall Gorman said.

Damian Keogh, Club Chairman reiterated that; “Our Club’s responsibility and long term strategy is to ensure we allocate our salary cap across the playing group to give us the best chance of sustained on-field success.”

Head Coach Shane Flanagan added; “On behalf of the Coaching staff and players I am terribly disappointed that Jack has decided to move on considering he made his NRL debut at our Club, was the NRL Rookie of the Year, made his debut for Origin and won a premiership all within the space of just over two years.

“Since debuting for us in 2015, our Club has played a major role in developing Jack into a State of Origin level player which is a testament to the talent identification and player development systems we have in place. We look forward to steering many more of our talented young players along a similar journey in the years to come.

“While we wish Jack well in his future endeavours, he is a professional and we have no doubt he will continue to give his full focus to his Club and his teammates on and off the field and play a major role throughout 2017,” Flanagan added.

Bird will be making no public comment prior to the weekend as he prepares with the rest of his teammates to play the Panthers on Sunday.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Highest ever offer to a current player? Fuck me, bullshit the Bronx got him for 700k. sounds like the sharks are hinting bullshit to the 700k too

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Highest ever offer to a current player? Fuck me, bullshit the Bronx got him for 700k
To be fair, Im pretty sure Holmes is the current highest all time contracted player and his only on 700k.

Status
Not open for further replies.