Rumour JAC potentially moved to FB

R0CKY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey guys I don’t know how reliable this source is but I read that there are talks of the dogs wanting JAC to have the ball a lot more and are really considering moving him to FB, thoughts?

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So duffty to wing?
Either way we won’t win.

R0CKY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see, because let’s face it, our star player doesn’t get the ball often and I’m really curious to see what happens when he does in such a crucial position

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would prefer JAC at fb than Dufty - if it works a major issue is solved on the field and in terms of salary cap - he is on FB/ spine money

Last edited:

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
JAC was gassed playing on the bloody wing after 50mins FFS thanks to our hamburglar trainer’s conditioning…. How the hell will he be able to play fullback?
Plus… if that is the case… don’t tell me f{}cking HMAS Knockonbur will keep his spot on the wing to make sure he keeps the opposition in the game?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So duffty to wing?
Either way we won’t win.
Dufty's either fullback, 14 (used like Papenhuyzen when he first came through, but probably couldn't do it) or cya later.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAC gets targeted enough on his wing. Dufty hasn't been doing so bad and is starting to inject himself in attack a lot more I've noticed.

His try this week was all class.

JAC on the other hand played half a game at wing and then pretty much clocked off. In defence he was so deep back that Schoupp was having to do a lot on his own.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
JAC gets targeted enough on his wing. Dufty hasn't been doing so bad and is starting to inject himself in attack a lot more I've noticed.

JAC on the other hand played half a game at wing and then pretty much clocked off. In defence he was so deep back that Schoupp was having to do a lot on his own.
Agree, this rumour makes no sense to me, Dufty has been one of our best all year and fullback is not the position of concern. Similarly JAC in the last two games has found his groove and is finding the try line, yes he had a poor defensive 2nd half but look at the people getting beaten inside hin leaving him exposed. Moving him to fullback is not the move. If this is Barrett's idea it would make sense as he is desperate to fit his dud buy Allan into this squad

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

You're forgetting how bad Dufty is in defence and how often he doesn't put his body on the line. He went for the intercept once and his other try saving efforts or lack of effort are embarrassing... Most of the time he's not even in the picture.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're forgetting how bad Dufty is in defence and how often he doesn't put his body on the line. He went for the intercept once and his other try saving efforts or lack of effort are embarrassing... Most of the time he's not even in the picture.
Teams should never rely on the fullback for defence. It means at least one line of defence hsa already failed.

Agreed he does need to follow the play/ball more, however I've noticed opposing sides will try and get him in attack, making him a marker and therefore nobody out the back.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No Jac is not a fullback he cant ball play.
Just because he's fast doesn't mean that he can be a fullback.
There is enough pressure on our halves as it is we need a fullback who can ball play to help them out.
The halves become too predictable other wise.
We need an experienced halfback to help the younger guys.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Teams should never rely on the fullback for defence. It means at least one line of defence hsa already failed.

Agreed he does need to follow the play/ball more, however I've noticed opposing sides will try and get him in attack, making him a marker and therefore nobody out the back.
Not really, if your fullback isn't shit and scared of contact you can use him to your advantage when defending your line. Our up and in style works if the centre jamming in commits and the fullbacks sweeps across in cover. Unfortunately our players cannot execute this defensive structure properly because:
1. We lose the ruck and play is to fast
2. We are unfit so usually revert to holding / sliding

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The way we are going, a potential move to the Dolphins is more likely