JAC has been sounded out by Barret

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve gone back and forth with JAC at FB, and seeing the number seems around $600k, I think it’s worth the punt. The added bonus is we could potentially move on an under performing player/s. So factoring in if we move on a $500k player, sign JAC for $600k, we potentially upgraded for $100k.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would definitely be worth a punt on him. Would make a huge difference. Would finally have someone backing up the forwards and enough pace to make things happen

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As long as the 6, 7 and 9 are ball players fullback doesnt need to be.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Assuming this is true
I would sign JAC as a fullback, if he fails the contract reverts back to an agreed reasonable winger's money.
That would be fair to both parties.
Otherwise it's a BIG NO for me !
What we actually "pay" him is irrelevant, it's the value that is in his contract that in considered in the Cap (which is the only thing that is relevant) and the Auditor assumes the highest possible value.

Go Dogs

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If there's a swap, I reckon it'll be Reimis. His dad was a journey man, so loyalty is not an issue. Bellamy can certainly bring out the best in him. I'm for it as Reimis has potential but no where consistently enough.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The fact the Storm want a player in return is great for us. We have several who are underperforming, we get rid of one and get a player like JAC in return which just improves your squad.Not fussed where he would play, we would just be a better team.
Mate I would give 10 players :tearsofjoy:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What we actually "pay" him is irrelevant, it's the value that is in his contract that in considered in the Cap (which is the only thing that is relevant) and the Auditor assumes the highest possible value.

Go Dogs
If that is the case then we sign him on a wingers money with bonuses added if he plays fullback.
Where there is a will there is a way !!!

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
JAC at fullback is going to be a disaster. It’ll be on the same level as Reimis at centre, and DWZ at fullback earlier this year.

Some players are not made to be fullbacks. I don’t get the obsession with paying them big money to play out of position.
Agree 100%. Most of the players who want to move to a position in the spine they have not played before is only because of the extra $ they would be paid. Fullback is now the most highly skilled position on the field. Not one to fiddle with no matter how good a winger JAC is. Wingers moving the centres rarely works too. Different defensive requirements and lacking the ball skills to draw defenders to put the winger away. Reimis has been ordinary in both those areas to say the least.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Agree 100%. Most of the players who want to move to a position in the spine they have not played before is only because of the extra $ they would be paid. Fullback is now the most highly skilled position on the field. Not one to fiddle with no matter how good a winger JAC is. Wingers moving the centres rarely works too. Different defensive requirements and lacking the ball skills to draw defenders to put the winger away. Reimis has been ordinary in both those areas to say the least.
We have to pay overs otherwise no one good will come which = fullback money anyways. Even if we were buying JAC as a winger (we can use someone else like Nofoaluma as an e.g.) it'd be fullback money.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Coaches normally have an idea who the first team is
The trials are used as a worm up for the season !
I think the original post was in reference to Thompson having his suspension reduced.

IE - if we had 2 trials, he would have 2 matches shaved off.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That used to be, the game has changed !
It is preferable if all have speed and can ball play - at least one needs to have blinding speed - too many trying to ball play slows teams attacks down

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got to be very careful with this. We’re already paying fullback money to DWZ to play wing/centre and we paid Cotric decent coin who is relatively untested at centre, do it again and we could have a fair bit of money tied up.
DWZ is on lowball fullback money id rather he played wing on that anyhow.