It's time for ALL BULLDOGS FANS say enough is enough?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are 100% correct.
The board are burning at the moment. They can't just sack him after they just extended him. They will lose all credibility.
As I said before they knew he was below par but they never expected him to be that bloody bad.
But yes, it will get to the point where they will pull the trigger, when? I don't know.

Personally, and this is just my guess, I reckon end of season he'll get the punt.
I think you're right he will survive this year but won't be coach next year.

There could be a small chance he goes during the bye weeks if the results get really bad.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Time will tell. I just hate the notion of "writing off" the season or 10 or more games. Having our best prospects not play during those games means it slows their development and we risk losing them before we saw what they could do..

Just fire Pay, put Georgallis or someone else as an interim coach with a mandate of playing attacking footy and developing our youngsters. Then hire a new full time coach when the time is right.
I agree but I can see their reluctance until every t is crossed and every i is dotted.

There's a lot more games to get through and if this continues unchecked, then it may become completely unavoidable and the Board must act.

As bad as this is, no one wants yet another circus to pull us down. The Board have got to get this right and they've only got one chance in the court of public opinion and the good name and future of our Club.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No worries mate, but it's not really top secret information, it was a good old fashion truth chat.
The inner workings of the club will never be revealed to any of us, it was just enough info to paint a picture of where we're heading.
Just mainly about how the boardroom works, how they have to maintain their distance from the day to day operations.
Their dissapointment in our results etc, trust me they are hurting just as much as we are.
You got to remember some board members have full time jobs and other responsibilities outside of the club. And they do not get paid much, mainly just reimbursements for expenses in relation to fullfilling their roles as directors.
They work hard for not much in return, they do it because they love the club.
I didn’t even realise that some board members are not full time
We probably get frustrated at times when there is no news regarding player movement and cap information
Keeping their cards close to their chest is paramount in this business and have to just wait till things are announced officially
DWZ was a massive signing and good for moral I hope.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No board member is full time mate and they don’t get paid much either it’s only expenses that are covered.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No board member is full time mate and they don’t get paid much either it’s only expenses that are covered.
Cheers mate thanks for the information
I just become a Football Club member two years ago and hope to get a better understanding of how things work in the near future
My plan is to attend future meetings and talk to people within our organisation
Looking forward to casting my vote one day

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cheers mate thanks for the information
I just become a Football Club member two years ago and hope to get a better understanding of how things work in the near future
My plan is to attend future meetings and talk to people within our organisation
Looking forward to casting my vote one day
Good stuff mate. Definitely attend the AGM’s you’ll learn heaps of stuff about the club and at the AGM grab a copy of the by laws it will give you all info you need. You might fall just short of being able to vote next year but you’ll definitely be right for every election after.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No quality coach will walk into this mess.

Sacking Pay might give us a temporary lift in results but this dud roster will still finish last.

Probably won't attract a top coach until 2020 or most likely 2021
Not sure about that. I think it will be every coaches dream to come in now and basically have an open cheque book to work with for the coming years. I think it will be important that he selects his own roster based on his style he wants to play. A good example of how it doesn't work by keeping the coach in the short term is the Tigers. Cleary bought players McGuire no longer wants and now they are trying to bring their cap back in order as it's a mess.

Bring a new coach in now to start building from the bottom.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We probably get frustrated at times when there is no news regarding player movement and cap information
Keeping their cards close to their chest is paramount in this business and have to just wait till things are announced officially
DWZ was a massive signing and good for moral I hope.
Yes Doggy DWZ was a very good signing considering we’re only paying part of his salary for this year and next year.

Regarding board members I didn’t say some board members are not full time, I said some board members have full time jobs outside of being a board member. Some have part time jobs outside of being a board member and some are actually self funded retirees outside of being a board member. Some are part of multiple boards. I actually learnt something doing my CPA course years ago lol.

Good times ahead, just gotta be patient.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Doggy DWZ was a very good signing considering we’re only paying part of his salary for this year and next year.

Regarding board members I didn’t say some board members are not full time, I said some board members have full time jobs outside of being a board member. Some have part time jobs outside of being a board member and some are actually self funded retirees outside of being a board member. Some are part of multiple boards. I actually learnt something doing my CPA course years ago lol.

Good times ahead, just gotta be patient.
Yeh cheers mate for clearing that up I misunderstood
When people were leaving after the saints game it seemed to me that there was disappointment but majority not blowing up
Patients has set into most of the supporters,we don’t have a choice
Just ride the wave and keep the faith alive

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
For me last week, except for the on field performance, was the first time the club had a net gain with the new board Moving on a player who was never going to play first grade, bog average at shield level and taking up cap and squad space and replacing him with an outside back of genuine first grade quality was the first sign of light since the new board took over - hopefully a turning point. Now to move on other plodders and recruit some spark.