It's only a matter of time before *THIS* movie gets remade

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hi all

Something that I have always wanted to know - what movies do you hold sacred that it would kill you to be remade?

For me - Home Alone.

Classic. Original. No ulterior motive. Just a funny movie, with 2 amazing OTT villains (Pesci is an absolute gem of an actor). Goes well with a cheese pizza (preferably on your own - but if you have to share, take 5/8 slices).

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Mine has already been ruined - The Lion King.

Other unique ones which I love and don't want remade are The Mask, Terminator 2, Kill Bill (both volumes) and Dodgeball.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Will 100% be remade/rebooted.

Most people don't know that there are actually 5 movies in the series, so Fox has tried their best already to milk the series.

EDIT:

Have a look at the synopsis/info for these 3 movies lol:

Home Alone 3 (1997)

Home Alone 3 does not center on Kevin, but instead on Alex Pruitt, a young 8-year old boy who gets infected with chickenpox but soon recovers. At the same time, four criminals working for a Hong Kong-based North Korean terrorist group are sent by their boss to retrieve a top-secret microchip that can act as a cloaking device for a missile. They succeed in retrieving it and hide it in a remote controlled car, but due to a luggage mix-up at the airport with the Pruitts' neighbor Mrs. Hess, the car lands in the hands of Alex who is given the car for shoveling the snow in her driveway. The criminals begin systematically searching every house on his street, which Alex stumbles upon while home alone. Once they realize he has the chip, they prepare to invade his house. He devises elaborate traps and bamboozles the four crooks with the help of his pet rat, his brother's pet parrot and some intricate tripwires, all the while monitoring them with a video camera on the race car. The film was nominated for a Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Remake or Sequel, eventually losing the award to Speed 2: Cruise Control. It is the last film in the series to be theatrically released.

Home Alone 4: Taking Back the House (2002)

The fourth installment was directed by Rod Daniel and premiered as a television film on ABC on November 3, 2002. This film returns to the original's main character, Kevin (played by Mike Weinberg), and one of the two Wet/Sticky Bandits, Marv (played by French Stewart). Kevin's parents have separated, and he lives with his mother. He decides to go spend Christmas with his father and his rich girlfriend, Natalie, but finds himself having to deal with his old nemesis Marv, and his new sidekick wife, Vera (played by Missi Pyle), who replaces Harry since he and Marv put their partnership to an end. It was released to Region 1 DVD on October 20, 2003. Filming began on July 29 in Melbourne. Home Alone 4: Taking Back the House is the first film in the series that was not theatrically released.

Home Alone: The Holiday Heist (2012)

On March 15, 2012, ABC Family announced the development of the fifth installment in the Home Alone series. It premiered exclusively on ABC Family's Countdown to the 25 Days of Christmas on November 25, 2012.[3] The film stars Christian Martyn, Jodelle Ferland, Malcolm McDowell, Debi Mazar, and Eddie Steeples.[4] The story centers on the Baxter family's relocation from California to Maine, where Finn becomes convinced that his new house is haunted. When his parents become stranded across town, Finn sets traps to catch his new home's ghosts, but instead proves troublesome for a group of three thieves (McDowell, Mazar, and Steeples)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
They'll mainly remake classics that can draw in big $$$ with the school holiday crowds.

I think they've tried to reboot The Crow enough times that they've given up.

Maybe: Original > 2019 PC reboot.
101 Dalmations > 101 Mixed Breed Puppies from a Puppy Farmer.
Lady and the Tramp > Lady and the Trans.
Snow White and the 7 Dwarves > Snow Beige and the 7 shorter people.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Spaceballs.
I don't think you could remake that these days. Or for that matter most Rick Moranis or Leslie Nielsen films. Back in the days they were made there was little political correctness, so everything was a target for taking the piss out of.

Just the other day my wife and I were talking about how you could never get away with half the jokes in Eddie Murphy's Delirious anymore.

Speaking of Rick Moranis (as I was wondering where he'd been)... his wife died in 1991 and since then he took a step back from acting to raise his kids.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think you could remake that these days. Or for that matter most Rick Moranis or Leslie Nielsen films. Back in the days they were made there was little political correctness, so everything was a target for taking the piss out of.

Just the other day my wife and I were talking about how you could never get away with half the jokes in Eddie Murphy's Delirious anymore.

Speaking of Rick Moranis (as I was wondering where he'd been)... his wife died in 1991 and since then he took a step back from acting to raise his kids.
Mel Brooks was trying to get a sequel going for years, Rick moranis refused do it seeing he's retired from acting so the idea was eventually dropped.
(plus the fact that John candy was dead didn't help)

Had it been made, it would have been called sb 2: the quest for more money, and would have been hilarious

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attack Force Z an 1981 Australian film about a group of Australian commandos that launch a secret mission against Japanese forces in World War II, that starred Mel Gibson & Sam Neil.

Needs to be an epic R rated bloodbath of a film hopefully directed by Mel Gibson.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Will 100% be remade/rebooted.

Most people don't know that there are actually 5 movies in the series, so Fox has tried their best already to milk the series.

EDIT:

Have a look at the synopsis/info for these 3 movies lol:

Home Alone 3 (1997)

Home Alone 3 does not center on Kevin, but instead on Alex Pruitt, a young 8-year old boy who gets infected with chickenpox but soon recovers. At the same time, four criminals working for a Hong Kong-based North Korean terrorist group are sent by their boss to retrieve a top-secret microchip that can act as a cloaking device for a missile. They succeed in retrieving it and hide it in a remote controlled car, but due to a luggage mix-up at the airport with the Pruitts' neighbor Mrs. Hess, the car lands in the hands of Alex who is given the car for shoveling the snow in her driveway. The criminals begin systematically searching every house on his street, which Alex stumbles upon while home alone. Once they realize he has the chip, they prepare to invade his house. He devises elaborate traps and bamboozles the four crooks with the help of his pet rat, his brother's pet parrot and some intricate tripwires, all the while monitoring them with a video camera on the race car. The film was nominated for a Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Remake or Sequel, eventually losing the award to Speed 2: Cruise Control. It is the last film in the series to be theatrically released.

Home Alone 4: Taking Back the House (2002)

The fourth installment was directed by Rod Daniel and premiered as a television film on ABC on November 3, 2002. This film returns to the original's main character, Kevin (played by Mike Weinberg), and one of the two Wet/Sticky Bandits, Marv (played by French Stewart). Kevin's parents have separated, and he lives with his mother. He decides to go spend Christmas with his father and his rich girlfriend, Natalie, but finds himself having to deal with his old nemesis Marv, and his new sidekick wife, Vera (played by Missi Pyle), who replaces Harry since he and Marv put their partnership to an end. It was released to Region 1 DVD on October 20, 2003. Filming began on July 29 in Melbourne. Home Alone 4: Taking Back the House is the first film in the series that was not theatrically released.

Home Alone: The Holiday Heist (2012)

On March 15, 2012, ABC Family announced the development of the fifth installment in the Home Alone series. It premiered exclusively on ABC Family's Countdown to the 25 Days of Christmas on November 25, 2012.[3] The film stars Christian Martyn, Jodelle Ferland, Malcolm McDowell, Debi Mazar, and Eddie Steeples.[4] The story centers on the Baxter family's relocation from California to Maine, where Finn becomes convinced that his new house is haunted. When his parents become stranded across town, Finn sets traps to catch his new home's ghosts, but instead proves troublesome for a group of three thieves (McDowell, Mazar, and Steeples)
For me there are only two home alones, two of my all time favourite comedies (along with dumb and dumber)

I erased all trace of the horrendous piece of shit that was 3 (didn't bother with number 4 and had no idea there was a fifth)