Its on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Police to ramp up presence at South Sydney-Canterbury 'Black Friday' rematch

Date
August 18, 2015 - 8:00PM

Adrian Proszenko

Chief Rugby League Reporter

Fireworks: Canterbury's David Klemmer and James Graham confront referee Gerard Sutton after a controversial penalty in the clash with the Rabbitohs in round five.

Fireworks: Canterbury's David Klemmer and James Graham confront referee Gerard Sutton after a controversial penalty in the clash with the Rabbitohs in round five. Photo: Getty Images

Authorities are planning on an "increased police presence" for Friday night's Canterbury-South Sydney blockbuster to ensure there is no repeat of the ugly scenes that marred the "Black Friday" clash.

Security will be ramped up for the grand final replay after a number of fans threw projectiles onto the field when the combatants clashed on Good Friday. That match attracted 40,523 fans, the biggest NRL crowd of the year, but was overshadowed by about a dozen unruly spectators.

In the dying moments of the encounter, Canterbury captain James Graham was penalised for diving at the legs of Adam Reynolds, with the ensuing penalty gifting the Rabbitohs the game.

All hell broke loose when Graham and fellow forward David Klemmer remonstrated with the referees and the pair were subsequently suspended for their roles in the incident.

As the match officials came from the ground they were pelted with objects, with linesman Nick Beashel hitting the deck as sections of the crowd vented their anger.

While one Bulldogs punter was banned for 10 years for attacking a Rabbitohs fan without provocation, many of the troublemakers escaped detection because the broadcast and CCTV footage was inconclusive.

ANZ Stadium officials are meeting with both clubs before the match while NSW police said in a statement to Fairfax Media: "We can say that we are planning an increased police presence."

The NRL was forced to employ new protocols for the departure of match officials following the dramas, while there were an additional seven riot officers for Canterbury's next match at the venue.

Graham, in an effort to become less demonstrative and foster better relations with whistleblowers, has taken the unusual step of holding his hands behind his back during recent interactions.

"People will say it's his way of expressing himself, his way of actually going 'You know what, I've got to be cautious that I don't get too brave with my hands'," Canterbury CEO Raelene Castle said.

"There were a lot of lessons learnt all around and because of that you'll always see James address the referees in a different way."

The Bulldogs are encouraging fans to dob in troublemakers by alerting security via text message at the first sign of problems.

"That was a very clear message sent to all of our fans that it's unacceptable behaviour. If they see any of it they need to call it out," she said.

Castle said the recent history between the sides had elevated Rabbitohs-Bulldogs clashes to the same stratosphere as the famous Eels-Dogs rivalry of the 1980s.

"It's fantastic, you need those," said Castle after the club hosted special Olympians at the fourth annual Mini Olympics at Belmore Sports Ground on Wednesday.

"That is what sport is all about. In the '80s it was the Bulldogs and Parramatta and in the 2000s it's the Bulldogs and the Rabbits. Every game is important and both teams needing the two points makes it extra special."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook#ixzz3jDXwW5lM
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol here we go, maybe having more fair and better referees that don't piss of fans who really love their team with horrid and blatant unjust calls

Passion and love is hard to control sometimes...

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe they could also ramp up the catering and food options while they're at it

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
well if there's Goon bags being thrown on the field this week we'll know it wasn't dogs fans & i'll be as happy as a pig in shit

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jarred dog maxwell won't help things out either the attention seeking ugly ***** rash

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Recall our boys from Iraq and Afghanistan for the match too....

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As long as The big boppers are still motivated we'll flog those juiced up cheats, I read or heard somewhere that Kas wants Pritchard to leave with a premiership send off.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I suppose they have to do something to control the Rabbitoh Rabble after the Bulldogs walk off as the winners.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
They are idiots. Let them waste money paying for more security. Its not out of our pockets. As if the same things would happen again after the last time. They are mental.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Whatever!

P.S If your one of the idiots and are on this site and cannot control yourself than stop following and piss off immediately. Spose to be a family sport with families attending games so go follow English soccer or jump off a cliff and do everyone a favor.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was wondering when this type of media write up was going to emerge. I will be going to the game to enjoy myself and hopefully watch our team do a number on the Bunnies and I urge everyone else to think the same way.

Let them have extra security but also let them police all supporters in the ground not just ours. What the idiots who purported to be fans of this great club did at that Good Friday game sickens me; but, let us not lose sight of the fact that bottles were also being thrown from the eastern side of the field from the higher levels down onto our fans sitting below in the kennel area and surrounds and I am pretty sure it was not Canterbury fans in level 4, if you know what I mean. That particular little gem was not highlighted in any media reports because everything that happened was focused on the tunnel area on the opposite side. I have spoken to several people who were in that area and they confirmed that this did indeed happen. When I asked did they report it unfortunately they made comments along the lines of 'why bother to as no one would care or believe.'

Our fans need to be calm ( and I am of the opinion that the vast majority are) and be alert to any trouble unfolding as mentioned in the article. Maybe I am being paranoid but I am concerned that issues may arise from supporters of the other side hoping to get a reaction. If that actually did occur I hope things would then be handled in the same manner.

Does anyone else here believe that this type of article, talking up the previous game could in fact be a problem in its own right?

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD the Media is F@KD, watch 10 years from now they will still use this story to rubbish our club.

Whatever happened to that female basher A'uvafukwit? oh yeah that's right gets congratulated for his aggression for being a D!rty C@nt.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We have a few knobs to thank for this.

Thanks knobs.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
and the media are out doing their best to cause trouble and start a fight.....

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Was wondering when this type of media write up was going to emerge. I will be going to the game to enjoy myself and hopefully watch our team do a number on the Bunnies and I urge everyone else to think the same way.

Let them have extra security but also let them police all supporters in the ground not just ours. What the idiots who purported to be fans of this great club did at that Good Friday game sickens me; but, let us not lose sight of the fact that bottles were also being thrown from the eastern side of the field from the higher levels down onto our fans sitting below in the kennel area and surrounds and I am pretty sure it was not Canterbury fans in level 4, if you know what I mean. That particular little gem was not highlighted in any media reports because everything that happened was focused on the tunnel area on the opposite side. I have spoken to several people who were in that area and they confirmed that this did indeed happen. When I asked did they report it unfortunately they made comments along the lines of 'why bother to as no one would care or believe.'

Our fans need to be calm ( and I am of the opinion that the vast majority are) and be alert to any trouble unfolding as mentioned in the article. Maybe I am being paranoid but I am concerned that issues may arise from supporters of the other side hoping to get a reaction. If that actually did occur I hope things would then be handled in the same manner.

Does anyone else here believe that this type of article, talking up the previous game could in fact be a problem in its own right?
Yes I do believe this will be the case , whilst its good publicity to highlight it , it will not surprise me to see rabbid fans using it to their advantage , only hope no doggy fans take the bait

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Wow, plays perfectly into their fans hands doesn't it.

MORE police out of their stations and sent to the football, means less that can attend to break and enters their fans commit whilst the game is on.

But you better keep and eye on those big bad Bulldogs supporters.
Lol all this cause the bottles were full off water not ethanol

Status
Not open for further replies.