Its Official: Eastwood Signs for 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
We have signed Greg Eastwood on a 3 year deal

@Todd_Greenberg Confirming we have completed the transfer paperwork with Leeds in the UK and can now confirm we have signed Greg Eastwood on a 3 year deal
3 minutes ago

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/default....2&title=greg-eastwood-returns-to-the-bulldogs
Greg Eastwood Returns to the Bulldogs
8/10/2010 7:03:02 PM

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have added more international quality to their playing ranks, securing the return of Kiwi back rower Greg Eastwood on a three year deal.

Eastwood, who played 23 matches for the Bulldogs in 2009 before heading to English Super League outfit Leeds Rhinos for this season, will link back with the Club at the conclusion of the English season.

“From experience we know what a positive influence Greg can have around a Club,” Bulldogs Chief Executive Mr. Todd Greenberg said.

“He is highly thought of at the Bulldogs and he will be a very valuable addition to our NRL squad in 2011 and beyond.

“It’s been well documented that Greg struggled to settle in England and I’d like to thank the Leeds Rhinos for the compassion they have shown in allowing him to explore a return to the NRL. We are delighted that he will be back in Bulldogs colours from next season.”

Eastwood’s return represents more than an addition to the playing roster, with the Bulldogs and Rhinos agreeing to a partnership over the course of negotiations that will result in development opportunities for both Clubs.

“There’s still a few details to fill in but I’d expect that we’ll see some of their young players come out here to experience how we do things in the NRL, and there’s a possibility for some professional development opportunities for staff from both Clubs as well,” Mr. Greenberg added.

“Certainly the opportunity is there to form a lasting relationship, one that we all can learn from.”

Eastwood, 23, played 64 NRL matches for the Brisbane Broncos between 2005 and 2008 prior to joining the Bulldogs in 2009. He made his international debut for New Zealand in 2007, and played every match for the Kiwis on their way to winning the 2008 Rugby League World Cup.

On top of his experience in the Super League, he has also featured in two World Club Challenge matches, playing for Leeds against the Melbourne Storm in 2010 and for Brisbane against St Helens in 2007.

Last edited by a moderator:

hodaa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thank god it's finally official :D

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Beastwood!

M

mongoose

Three cheers for the_crusader for breaking it to the kennel

Þo£ar ßêar ™

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let's hope he is still the same dynamic player he was before leaving the doggies.

2011 BULLDOGS~

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
About damn time!

Now we wait for a Danny Weidler exclusive. :p

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
about time lol, gonna be awesome to see eastwood back in the blue and white :D....bring on 2011!!!!!!!!!!!

The Detailer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just heard it on the sports report on channel 10 about freakin time !! 3 year deal!!

The Detailer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
8. Ryan 9. Ennis 10.Tolman
11.Eastwood 12. Prichard
13 Stagg

OHH MY IM DROOOOLLLLIIIINNNNNGGG!!!

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have signed Greg Eastwood on a 3 year deal

@Todd_Greenberg Confirming we have completed the transfer paperwork with Leeds in the UK and can now confirm we have signed Greg Eastwood on a 3 year deal
3 minutes ago
Well done Crusader - you have made my week

Bulldog Bandit

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Great news! I just hope the beast lives up to everyone's expectations next year or else there will be a few people on hear ready to crucify him.

dreamteamz

BIG_BAD_BULLDOG
Reaction score
When leaving the dogs he weighed 106kg... NOw he weighs 102kg... Lost 4 kg

Status
Not open for further replies.