Issac lumelume

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this moving of the chess pieces is telling me one thing...... Another Big Name Signing Is Coming!!!

The only one that makes sense to me is "Junior Paulo".

A gun Half Back would make more sense but there are none coming off contract.... Maybe a gun Fullback????..... Ponga???
Lumelume is the gun signing! future immortal

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’d say it’s the talk from tigers today about clearly being after cotric and the fact we sign a average reserve grade half when we finally have a semi decent squad for 22. Good backline we haven’t had in a decade basically with dufty Jac naden schooup and cotric.

I’m all for Mahoney and kikau and get cotric might be on a little overs? Though paying 150/200k for him to play elsewhere isn’t overs. It’s us being stupid.

You replace that spot with that 150/200k and your at 400kish. Fuck that. Keep cotric.

If Mahoney is coming ok whatever I get it.

If he isn’t till 23 play 22 with cotric.

Give him A chance with quality roster he’s 23 and a Fucking good player who was surrounded by trash.

Then spend next season cotric.

Dolphins coming 23 will in my opinion be a simple one for allen as he’s a qld lad and Wayne’s had him at Brisbane and bunnies.

Flanagans dad could get a gig and reunite in 23!

Hell waddle and some flogs could be options for dolphins…

Worst case I’m sure someone wants cotric with 1 year left at 24 ffs and he would want a new deal to be secure too.

Keep cotric ffs.
Pretty much agree with all that.
Why throw away a good player for an average/crap player?

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is cotric that good? I love the idea of him and know he was in a shit side last year but realistically played one origin game mostly on potential and has been decent since. He isn’t overly quick, not the best leader or finisher he’s very strong but I don’t know as much as I like the idea of his name being on the team sheet with the other guns we’ve signed not sure it’s that much of a loss

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is cotric that good? I love the idea of him and know he was in a shit side last year but realistically played one origin game mostly on potential and has been decent since. He isn’t overly quick, not the best leader or finisher he’s very strong but I don’t know as much as I like the idea of his name being on the team sheet with the other guns we’ve signed not sure it’s that much of a loss
He reminds me of Hoppa, Making a great start to his NRL career, and gradually sliding in to irrelevance

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm coming around to this kind of thinking.

Undoubtedly a gun winger a couple of years ago but his last season with Canberra was not to that earlier standard.

Gus is tweaking for a reason.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never seen him play but surely he's a replacement for Kotoa...not Cotric.

We don't need Cotric anyway as his cash can be used elsewhere so this is a good move by the club. Alamoti and Schoup are the starting centres with Naden and the Fox as the starting wingers. Then we have Burns and Oko as backups. Cotric, and Allen, are surplus to requirements so it makes sense to piss them off

I have NFI what Gus is up to but I know it's going to strengthen the roster so it's all good

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm coming around to this kind of thinking.
Undoubtedly a gun winger a couple of years ago but his last season with Canberra was not to that earlier standard.
Gus is tweaking for a reason.
In Cotric's last season, 2020, with Canbra he scored more tries than any of his previous seasons.
Gould always tweets for a reason.

Always a Bulldog

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We should have just signed Sione Katoa (sharks winger) when he had the chance... Fuck this guy.
If Cotric is gone
2. Naden / Burns
3. Alomati / Naden
4. Schoupp
5. Addo-Carr

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should have just signed Sione Katoa (sharks winger) when he had the chance... Fuck this guy.
If Cotric is gone
2. Naden / Burns
3. Alomati / Naden
4. Schoupp
5. Addo-Carr
I like Burns on the wing and Naden at centre although Naden is a decent winger, i just am not yet sold on Alamoti. He may have carved up in lower grades, but how will he go with men running at him instead of boys? he also hasn't played a lot of footy in the last 2 years (neither has Burns but he has first grade experience already in a good team in Souths)

2. Burns
3. Naden
4. Schoupp
5. Fox

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If Cotric goes,
2. JAC
3. Schoupp
4. Naden
5. Okunbor

If Burns is in instead of Okunbor I think it'd be Burns centre and Naden wing. I don't think Alamoti will be ready round 1. Lumelume just replaces Okunbor in reserve grade/depth.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Cotric goes,
2. JAC
3. Schoupp
4. Naden
5. Okunbor

If Burns is in instead of Okunbor I think it'd be Burns centre and Naden wing. I don't think Alamoti will be ready round 1. Lumelume just replaces Okunbor in reserve grade/depth.
surely not knockonbur... i'd rather play tuifua on the wing than him

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
surely not knockonbur... i'd rather play tuifua on the wing than him
Knockonbur that's gold ! The kennel are the absolute best at turning someone's name into an insult. Its a shame we only do it to our own. I've started a thread for mocking other teams etc

Last edited: