Israel Folau | Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have posted these stats before, but silva mate seriously you wouldn't be excited if this guy signed.

73 tries from 90 games
youngest player to ever play for Australia
Dally M Rookie of the Year
State of Origin Man-of-the-Match
Dally M Centre of the Year
won a stripped premiership
Still no one better in the air
When Melbourne had the big 3 with these 2 blokes, that is why they where so good in attack and defense. The big 3 could actually rely on world class backs (who are huge people) on kicks and set plays.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I have posted these stats before, but silva mate seriously you wouldn't be excited if this guy signed.

73 tries from 90 games
I don't doubt any of that but who do we give up for him? and its not a simple swap for morris or inu

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
defenders in rugby are sub-standard compared to league. he had plenty of time in league and didn't create the same havoc. besides we have barba, and his a better broken field runner.
I seriously hope the club isn't dumb enough to buy folau
lol

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

73 tries from 90 games
Well said silva needs to give himself a uppercut. clearly doesn't know what he is talking about here.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don't doubt any of that but who do we give up for him? and its not a simple swap for morris or inu
We have lost Turner, Payne. Likely to lose Halatau, Keating.

Then have Lowe, Brown, Lafai, Hodkinson off contract.

Not saying we give them up or he replaces 7 players. Though we clearly have money.

Don't forget 3rd party and salary cap increase either.

Not to mention with the eels the NRL were willing to register him at 400k. He is worth a lot more then that in my opinion and is as dangerous as Inglis or any other player.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be a good signing, but we will be at risk losing Morris and/or Barba...

Apparently Barba has an option in his favour at the end of 2014, according to Brent Read...

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Not saying we give them up or he replaces 7 players. Though we clearly have money.

Not to mention with the eels the NRL were willing to register him at 400k. He is worth a lot more then that in my opinion and is as dangerous as Inglis or any other player.
All of the players mentioned other than Hodkinson aren't on big coin.

If we sign Folau at the expense of the players you've mentioned, our depth will take a massive hit. You don't win premierships without depth.

On top of this, who's our Halfback next year? There's no decent players on the market and there's no money either because we've invested in Folau.

Greenburg said it himself, we can't afford him.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Barba has said himself he is under contract for 2015.

Morris is off contract at end of 2014 and is apperently negotiating to extend already.

Neither would be the one Folau would replace. It is the replacement for Turners spot. With blokes like Lafai, Lowe, Brown in trouble.

The backline would have Barba, Inu, Morris, Folau, Perrett in it the only change could be Inu on the centre and Folau on the wing though I doubt it.

I hope like hell it happens. I'll go as far to say he would be with Graham and Morris as the top 3 recruited players for us in the past years.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Barba has said himself he is under contract for 2015.

Morris is off contract at end of 2014 and is apperently negotiating to extend already.

Neither would be the one Folau would replace. It is the replacement for Turners spot. With blokes like Lafai, Lowe, Brown in trouble.

The backline would have Barba, Inu, Morris, Folau, Perrett in it the only change could be Inu on the centre and Folau on the wing though I doubt it.

I hope like hell it happens. I'll go as far to say he would be with Graham and Morris as the top 3 recruited players for us in the past years.
The players that have re-signed this year would have gotten upgrades to their deals (Especially Reynolds).

We don't have as much room under the cap as everything thinks.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
All of the players mentioned other than Hodkinson aren't on big coin.

If we sign Folau at the expense of the players you've mentioned, our depth will take a massive hit. You don't win premierships without depth.

On top of this, who's our Halfback next year? There's no decent players on the market and there's no money either because we've invested in Folau.

Greenburg said it himself, we can't afford him.
Are you talking about when Phil interviewed him? He never said we can't afford him. He said quiet clearly that he would not be doing his job if we didn't have interest in him. He also said can we afford him at the moment? Not really.

Two things to point out. He is talking to the Panthers boss... Why tell him anything of great importance.

Other is right now we most likely can't. In 2014 with the cap increase, with Turner and Paynes money, with other departures that would have to happen we quiet clearly could.

You talk about depth though blokes like Burr, Sila, Tim Brown, Klemmer are still developing and will be knocking down the door in years to come like Finucane and Jackson have been now.

Blokes like Halatau will retire or head off like Turner & Payne.

Blokes like Lafai will likely have more money thrown at him then we are prepared to pay based on injury and his current development.

Blokes like Keating are clearly on the outer and gone.

Then on top of it all Folau would attract great 3rd party deals, and the salary cap is going up and up from now which changes the field for next year too.

The one thing I agree with is we need a quality half. Though look at who is off contract. No one of note. If Keary or Johnson become a real option then they should go for that and Hodkinson is on more then enough to pay Keary or a good chunk of Johnson.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The players that have re-signed this year would have gotten upgrades to their deals (Especially Reynolds).

We don't have as much room under the cap as everything thinks.
I really don't think so mate. Pritchard was signed for us as our most expensive player took 400k a year or whatever, hardly going to be going up a lot.
Tolman we over paid to get him. Replaced Hannant, Tandy. Highly doubt we had to pay a lot more.

Eastwood, Klemmer & Reynolds would be on decent pay upgrades. No doubt there.

Though again mate. We hardly have a bunch eating our cap like most. No 1mil player like Cowboys, Bunnies, Storm, Roosters etc. Hell even the worst teams like Eels have Hayne on fuck knows 600-800k? Hoppa soon on the same, Sandow on 500k+ etc etc.

We are pretty well balanced.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Im no salary cap expert, however i think most of our cap is taken up by our forwards..

And with the rumoured money we paid to upgrade Pritchard, Klemmer, Eastwood and Tolman, not to mentionthe signing of T-Rex I really cant imagine us signing Folau without losing someone in our backline, and no not someone like Mitch Brown and Lafai...

Besides I doubt that he will be playing on the wing, if we do sign him, he will be playing centre or fullback

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Im no salary cap expert, however i think most of our cap is taken up by our forwards..

And with the rumoured money we paid to upgrade Pritchard, Klemmer, Eastwood and Tolman, not to mentionthe signing of T-Rex I really cant imagine us signing Folau without losing someone in our backline, and no not someone like Mitch Brown and Lafai...

Besides I doubt that he will be playing on the wing, if we do sign him, he will be playing centre or fullback
I don't think we upgraded Pritchard or Tolman an awful lot mate. That's my point when we signed Pritchard he was paid 400k a year. He is hardly going to demand much more then that. Tolman was meant to of taken Hannant's 300k a year which went via tandy and Tolman. He again would hardly command 500k a year. So I doubt either got a big pay upgrade.

Our big pay upgrade would be Reynolds who's gone from bugger all to 400k+.

Klemmer is another of those.

Though again I think you forget we were already under the cap and have lost Payne & Turner. That is some decent money. Turner was a starting winger who we signed as a top winger. Then I'm stating others are likely to leave and on top of it all is salary cap increase. Plus again someone like Folau would get 3rd party deals mate.

Again if Bunnies can have Inglis on 1mil (double what anyone is on for us) then blokes like Burgess, Luke, Sutton, Reynolds, Te'o etc while others like Asotasi & Crocker eat up big pay days I'm sure we could quiet easy land Folau. After all we were chasing JT.

I also agree Folau in centre, Inu to wing if it happens.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Firstly - Bulldogs09 you have no idea what any of our players are on, please shutup

Finally - Folau is a much better player then Morris, you are fools if you think he isnt.
Firstly pull your head in you wanker, IF you try and read around you would have a idea that I know what i'm talking about.

Telling me to shut up for talking football on a football forum is stupid. I suggest you get off the computer.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
It has been well established in the past that you are a kid of 14 or 15. You dont know anything about the salaries of Bulldogs players let alone souths or any other team.
Ahhh, try again? Wrong bloke there mate.

I'm 26. I hardly said I know Souths cap backwards. I'm simply pointing out the pretty obvious. If you pull your head out of your ass, I can help teach you if you like?

raz7au

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Thumbs this own truckers.

ot: id be happy if barba got the next bus out of Belmore. Slow useless hack, Had his good year, now we are stuck with him!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Firstly pull your head in you wanker, IF you try and read around you would have a idea that I know what i'm talking about.

Telling me to shut up for talking football on a football forum is stupid. I suggest you get off the computer.

No one knows how much every player is being paid. If the club is chasing Folau, we can afford to do so.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
No one knows how much every player is being paid. If the club is chasing Folau, we can afford to do so.

Correct, also if we chased JT, we can afford to chase Folau.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Actually we *kinda* do (Zerotackle and sometimes the media report players salaries) so we can assume based on that.

If Keating and Halatau dont re-sign, that would cover a good slab of Folau's wage right there. Then you have Brown and Lafai, we'll possibly only keep one of them.

Silva is heavily defensive of Lafai in other threads... hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.