Israel Folau / Clive Palmer - Comedy Gold

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Quoting the Bible.

“Suppose someone secretly entices you—even your brother, your son or daughter, your beloved wife, or your closest friend—and says, ‘Let us go worship other gods’—gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known. They might suggest that you worship the gods of peoples who live nearby or who come from the ends of the earth. But do not give in or listen. Have no pity, and do not spare or protect them. You must put them to death! Strike the first blow yourself, and then all the people must join in.” – Deuteronomy 13:6-9. (NLT)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I guess it could be worse. Folau could have quoted the above Bible passage.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
"Quoting the bible" - are we still doing this? Really?
Well if you think someone should be fired for that compared to what idiots like Matt Lodge have done and been welcomed back into the game with, then that's your opinion.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Quoting the Bible.

“Suppose someone secretly entices you—even your brother, your son or daughter, your beloved wife, or your closest friend—and says, ‘Let us go worship other gods’—gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known. They might suggest that you worship the gods of peoples who live nearby or who come from the ends of the earth. But do not give in or listen. Have no pity, and do not spare or protect them. You must put them to death! Strike the first blow yourself, and then all the people must join in.” – Deuteronomy 13:6-9. (NLT)
Deuteronomy - Old Testament (before Jesus). Not what Jesus preached, not relevant.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well if you think someone should be fired for that compared to what idiots like Matt Lodge have done and been welcomed back into the game with, then that's your opinion.
1. A meme is not a quote.
2. Folau is only being prohibited currently because he is contracted to Catalans.
3. Who said I think Matt Lodge should be playing in the NRL?

Last edited:

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His only crime was quoting the bible. That's the world we live in these days.
What passage was that. Also didn't God create the people Izzy was preaching about.

1. A meme is not a quote.
2. Folau is only being prohibited currently because he is contracted to Catalans.
3. Who said I think Matt Lodge should be playing in the NRL?
Doesn't mean he will be picked.

Wahesh

Reaction score
What passage was that. Also didn't God create the people Izzy was preaching about.

Doesn't mean he will be picked.
Well yes God did create them. He also created FREE WILL. He doesn't control us, he gives us that option. Yet people complain about God and do not believe he doesn't exist because he does not intervene. How ironic... they don't believe God exists because he doesn't intervene.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we need a fullback and front rower.... :D

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how CP played for the same team... on the WING!!
certainly enjoyed the cakes and pies since then....

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny how CP played for the same team... on the WING!!
certainly enjoyed the cakes and pies since then....
Is there any evidence that he did indeed play for them? I guess it would have been almost 50 years ago.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any evidence that he did indeed play for them? I guess it would have been almost 50 years ago.
Not 100% sure mate, perhaps its another media piss take....

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not relevant.
As relevant as any Bible passage really.

You really can't pick and chose if that is your reference and acceptance of what was advanced by Folau.

It's all there in black and white, no matter the Bible version one uses to publicise their view to the public.

Wahesh

Reaction score
As relevant as any Bible passage really.

You really can't pick and chose if that is your reference and acceptance of what was advanced by Folau.

It's all there in black and white, no matter the Bible version one uses to publicise their view to the public.
Fair enough, point taken, however at the end of the day... he's still quoting the bible. It's something that was a passage in a book that he's quoted, not something that he wrote himself. It also must be said that many people cannot interpret what is written in the Bible into today's standards. Furthermore people seem to be forgetting the cornerstones... for instance... the 10 Commandment mandate Christianity, and the 5th Commandment overwrites that passage you quoted.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fair enough, point taken, however at the end of the day... he's still quoting the bible. It's something that was a passage in a book that he's quoted, not something that he wrote himself. It also must be said that many people cannot interpret what is written in the Bible into today's standards. Furthermore people seem to be forgetting the cornerstones... for instance... the 10 Commandment mandate Christianity, and the 5th Commandment overwrites that passage you quoted.
True.

I was just harping on about the validity of it being "a Bible passage" :grinning:

I don't see that as a good enough disclaimer.

Just my opinion.

Life and let live.
Be a decent person.
There but for the Grace of God go I.
Those are my personal Bible messages....not Folau's public, deliberately controversial quotes by any means.