Isn't great not having Okunbor in the team?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still remember that run he did a few years back where he floored Cam Smith. He looked hungry then. I deadset think a haircut would do him wonders.
I love Okunbor, anyone that drops Cameron Smith is entitled to drop the ball imo

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
I hate to pile on, but geeze does that side look stronger now. No longer do I have to make sure I have my spare undies next to me when watching our games. We’re not close to perfect, but we’re also not shitting the bed most games on that side.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When he's good he's average at best but always unreliable.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still remember that run he did a few years back where he floored Cam Smith. He looked hungry then. I deadset think a haircut would do him wonders.
I don't like to bag anyone for how they look or what they wear, but I honestly think if he cuts his hair he'll gain a shitload of speed. Not sure how anyone can carry that much weight of hair and be a professional footy player.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I remember that too, fondly. But let's be honest, that was so long ago Cam Smith is booking his place in the footy players retirement home. OK is well passed due for some highlights that surpass it, but all he has really produced is that one try when he caught the ball and grounded it while parallel to the ground.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol that edge was just as bad without him as with him. Potter appears to have cleaned it up a bit. As for errors, his error count was low this year. Ok is just another in a long line of players who isn’t as bad as the kennel says.
Surely you jest. Naden cleaned it up a bit by leaving (onya Brent), and Potter cleaned it up some more by dropping Okunbor.

When I'm watching a game live, my attention is automatically drawn to what is going on around the ball, but, when I replay a game later, I see a broader picture - knowing the result makes a difference to the way I view it! In defence, I see players scrambling to get in position to repel an attack, and I see Okunbor standing around with absolutely no sense of urgency, as though he is not a part of the game. He might be a lovely bloke but he is not a footballer.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely you jest. Naden cleaned it up a bit by leaving (onya Brent), and Potter cleaned it up some more by dropping Okunbor.

When I'm watching a game live, my attention is automatically drawn to what is going on around the ball, but, when I replay a game later, I see a broader picture - knowing the result makes a difference to the way I view it! In defence, I see players scrambling to get in position to repel an attack, and I see Okunbor standing around with absolutely no sense of urgency, as though he is not a part of the game. He might be a lovely bloke but he is not a footballer.
Watching a replay you tend to notice a lot of the off the ball stuff - on Okunbor his stats for Sunday 2 tackles 4 missed tackles

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

I'm not joking, bro. Okunbor may look slow, ungainly and disinterested, but he has been out of the side more often than in it over the past year and a half and the d on his side of the field has been a complete mess the whole time. It is only in recent weeks that it has started to look better. And often when Okunbor has looked indecisive it is because gaping holes have been left on is inside, leaving him in two minds.

I agree he looks a bit sluggish and seems to lack urgency at times, but the problems ran much deeper than any one player. It was a structural issue

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't like to bag anyone for how they look or what they wear, but I honestly think if he cuts his hair he'll gain a shitload of speed. Not sure how anyone can carry that much weight of hair and be a professional footy player.
Iris made it work....for a while.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When a winger leaves his wing, it is not always down to incompetence. Hasim El Masri used to leave his wing a lot. He didn't have the size to stop a 110 kg behemoth with a head of steam, and so he came inside to stop the ball getting to the behemoth in the first place. Slow wingers (Hasim wasn't slow) come inside if they know they can be done for pace. JAC comes inside to plug a gap, knowing that he has enough toe to get back to his wing if he has to.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
When a winger leaves his wing, it is not always down to incompetence. Hasim El Masri used to leave his wing a lot. He didn't have the size to stop a 110 kg behemoth with a head of steam, and so he came inside to stop the ball getting to the behemoth in the first place. Slow wingers (Hasim wasn't slow) come inside if they know they can be done for pace. JAC comes inside to plug a gap, knowing that he has enough toe to get back to his wing if he has to.
Except oku comes off his wing and tackles thin air

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Isn’t it just, actually until you mentioned this useless maggot I had forgot all about him!!!