Is this theory too far fetched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paint.

Okay, okay, so this is what we know so far;
  • Hasler signed with the Bulldogs for 2013, with Jim Dymock to stand in for 2012.
  • Greenberg said that, if Manly decided to sack Hasler for 2012, then we would try to accommodate him
  • Knowing how smart TG is, and his history (bumping up Mortimer's price), most assumed he had a plan to bring in Hasler for 2012.
  • Chaos at Manly. Five staff members sign with the Bulldogs, with more rumoured to be on their way out.
  • Des Hasler stood down because he tried to get players to leave their contracts.
Okay, so this all points to one obvious thing - Greenberg's plan was always to get Manly to sack DH and get him here for 2012.
So he started to sign their coaching staff. There was chaos at Manly. No one wants to be involved with them... it's only a matter of time before something happens involving Hasler.

But nothing does happen. They stick strong, they want Dessie there for 2012. So what does TG do?

He gets in Hasler's ear and tells him to 'accidentally' get caught telling players to leave their contracts... and Manly will be forced to sack him.

SO - is this a far fetched theory? Is it possible that Des Hasler was asking players to leave their contracts in order to be sacked by the Manly board, under the instructions of Todd Greenberg?

Ted67

Old Dog
Reaction score
Have my doubts it was played out that way....

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
We will never know either way i liked how it all turned out.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not far fetched, mayb not TG getting in his ear, but its definetly possible he wants out and startin telling players to leave.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
The plan was obviously to get Des for 2012, by signing him for 2013 onwards the rest was inevidable. Check Mate

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
there is every possibility that greenberg and the board have had chats with des along the way about how to play it out

there is every possibility they are still in contact with him, to orchestrate not only an early release, but one that works in hasler's and our favour, as opposed to their favour

this is some seriously shrewd political wrangling going on.

while i've always made a few exagerrated comments for humour about greenberg and what he has achieved (along with far more complete factual argument) this stuff is blowing me away to be honest.

greenberg, backed by coorey and dib, is the best ceo we've had since the great bullfrog, by miles

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i doubt the plan was for des to get caught on purpose trying to induce players to leave... thats ridiculous. no doubt he was inducing them but i cannot imagine him trying to get caught on purpose. i doubt they even have any hard evidence, but time will tell here.

manly's board are simply using the 'induced players' thing to avoid having to pay out his contract in full. they are in damage control and think they can now escape without paying him an extra year. thats about all these is to that part.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The plan was obviously to get Des for 2012, by signing him for 2013 onwards the rest was inevidable. Check Mate
Probably on the money with this one. There's no way Des would have spent 2012 at Brookie, being totally ignorant of what's going on at Belmore, then turning up in 2013 and saying to Crusher, Jim Dymock et al "G'day fellas, what's been goin' on here"?

Also according to the Daily Telegraph, Kieran Foran has got a "get out" clause in his contract... If Des goes, he can go. And probably to the same address as Des.

So, with one smart move based on the Manly Board's ability to totally destroy its own house, it looks like the Bulldogs have got themselves a top coach, the staff he needs to keep things rolling and (maybe) the five eighth they desperately need. If so this would allow Joel Romelo (hooker/lock) and Josh Reynolds (hooker/half) to remain as impact utility players.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The way I see it, its just one of the greatest business deals I have ever seen in the NRL, even better than driving up Mortimer's price.

So, with TG as the mastermind, we have f**ked the Eels and Manly so far, 2 out of our 4 major enemies LOL

Watch out Roosters and Dragons.............................

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think we all knew this was happening, the best evidence was when we signed Hasler's support crew for 2012 and not 2013.

The Mayan's got it right, 2012 is the end of days......................for MANLY!

BM-dog

Tough person
Reaction score
Was it ever confirmed that the Mortimer thing was a diabolical plot by TG or is it just speculation?

TheBarba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who really cares because we now have something we can talk about in the off season apart from Cricket.

haburgess51

Waterboy
Reaction score
Maybe we should be very careful ourselves. Manly may have decided to play games as well and stand Hasler down for the whole of the
2012 season but not actually sack him and so he will be tied to Manly but not able to coach them. Still a lot of intrigue to come. It does make the off-season interesting though.

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think it's far-fetched, TG is dangerous.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
why wouldn't we just pay manly out for this 2012 services?

surely this is a better alternative them him sitting on the sideline for a season?!?!

P

Paint.

why wouldn't we just pay manly out for this 2012 services?

surely this is a better alternative them him sitting on the sideline for a season?!?!
Then we'd be spending moey, hundreds of thousands. This way, its badically free.

Status
Not open for further replies.