Is this stuff beer or crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My mate (Dragqueen supporter) is buying me a case of this stuff with 3 pizzas (our standard bet)

Is it beer or some other crap?

Has anyone else tried it & is it any good?

Also what does the ad say?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All my mates old lebo dads and uncles have this shit aha. Its a weak watery drink tbh

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ive never seen it.Is it beer? Wats the grog percentage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
All my mates old lebo dads and uncles have this shit aha. Its a weak watery drink tbh
Might aswell crack out the apple and peach Bavarias lol, I feel like some now to be honest

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Macro Lager

STATS
Style: German Pilsner
ABV: 4.2%
Serving Type: 330ml Bottle
Price: Inexpensive

Just a week ago I didn't even know that beer was brewed in Lebanon. Then I found this beer glass in a box of beer glasses I bought and some research led me learn about Lebanese beers. By sheer coincidence Dad's cousin asked me if I'd ever tried Lebanese beer and I jumped at the chance to try some.

So Almaza Pilsner is brewery (funnily enough) by Brasserie Almaza in Beirut, Lebanon. The brewery still retains the French word for brewery as it was opened in 1933 when Lebanon was still controlled by France. The brewery is now owned by the Heineken International Group. It's also the first middle eastern beer that I have ever sampled, let's do this.

This is one of the hardest beer glasses to pour a beer into, the shape just isn't conducive to a nice pour. Anyway the colour is a deep golden with lots of bubbles that rise to the thick white head. The head has quite poor retention considering the apparent carbonation, but while it's there Almaza Pilsner is quite an impressive looking beer.

What to say about the nose of this beer? Well it's certainly not inviting, but it's also not offensive either. It has quite a normal grainy nose with some hints of husk. Towards the back end there are hints of hops, they appear to be of a herbal variety and slightly spicy. I will be interested to see how they taste, as I would like to smell more hops in a German Pilsner.

Almaza Pilsner has more flavour than I expected. The beer starts out with a slightly malty sweetness and a bit of grain. There isn't a huge amount of hops, but the hops that are there are quite spicy and are indeed of a herbal nature. They provide some bitterness but not as much as I would normally like to see from a German Pilsner, still it's not a bad tasting beer.

By no means is this an exceptional beer, but I imagine if you were in the heat of Lebanon it would be fantastic! The drinkability is fantastic! Almaza, despite appearances, has only moderate carbonation and this really helps the ease in which this beer is able to be drunk. The flavours are much better than the nose, and although it's not an exceptional example of the style, it's pretty good. I certainly wouldn't be against having it again.

Remember it's always Beer O'Clock somewhere in the world!

http://www.beeroclockaustralia.com/2012/06/review-almaza.html

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Give me Lebbo Arrak over Lebbo beer anyday!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Macro Lager

STATS
Style: German Pilsner
ABV: 4.2%
Serving Type: 330ml Bottle
Price: Inexpensive

Just a week ago I didn't even know that beer was brewed in Lebanon. Then I found this beer glass in a box of beer glasses I bought and some research led me learn about Lebanese beers. By sheer coincidence Dad's cousin asked me if I'd ever tried Lebanese beer and I jumped at the chance to try some.

So Almaza Pilsner is brewery (funnily enough) by Brasserie Almaza in Beirut, Lebanon. The brewery still retains the French word for brewery as it was opened in 1933 when Lebanon was still controlled by France. The brewery is now owned by the Heineken International Group. It's also the first middle eastern beer that I have ever sampled, let's do this.

This is one of the hardest beer glasses to pour a beer into, the shape just isn't conducive to a nice pour. Anyway the colour is a deep golden with lots of bubbles that rise to the thick white head. The head has quite poor retention considering the apparent carbonation, but while it's there Almaza Pilsner is quite an impressive looking beer.

What to say about the nose of this beer? Well it's certainly not inviting, but it's also not offensive either. It has quite a normal grainy nose with some hints of husk. Towards the back end there are hints of hops, they appear to be of a herbal variety and slightly spicy. I will be interested to see how they taste, as I would like to smell more hops in a German Pilsner.

Almaza Pilsner has more flavour than I expected. The beer starts out with a slightly malty sweetness and a bit of grain. There isn't a huge amount of hops, but the hops that are there are quite spicy and are indeed of a herbal nature. They provide some bitterness but not as much as I would normally like to see from a German Pilsner, still it's not a bad tasting beer.

By no means is this an exceptional beer, but I imagine if you were in the heat of Lebanon it would be fantastic! The drinkability is fantastic! Almaza, despite appearances, has only moderate carbonation and this really helps the ease in which this beer is able to be drunk. The flavours are much better than the nose, and although it's not an exceptional example of the style, it's pretty good. I certainly wouldn't be against having it again.

Remember it's always Beer O'Clock somewhere in the world!

http://www.beeroclockaustralia.com/2012/06/review-almaza.html
Thumbs up and a round of applause for a thorough effort :clap2: the man wanted to know about the beer :beerchug: and you delivered!

Status
Not open for further replies.