Is this rock bottom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You guys wouldn't know what rock bottom feels like lol. Trust me this is far from rock bottom haha

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope. We still have several rounds left to suck even worse.

Then again, Knights and Tigers would need to win every game from now on for us to get the wooden spoon so we can't quite get to the bottom of rock bottom.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Rock bottom is when we get the spoon.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
2008 and other years when the club hasn't been competitive there was always something to look forward to and /or legit excuses such as massive injuries. This year there have been ver few injuries, there are no outstanding players coming through the lower grades ( some good players but none of the Jackson, Klemmer Finucane quality) and some of the resignings Holland Hopoate Elliot are deadest ordinary- what other club would seriously have them in their top 30? Theres also the issue of retaining players on big money that are no more than plodders in the modern game. Even if they don't sign up new players at least do whatever is possible to move on the plodders and others eg coach(s) who are out of their depth in the modern game.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
We are not at rock bottom yet, you will know when it hits
Yeeep can already see it now. Don't win another game for the year and get involved in some stupid incident on mad Monday and make the front pages for a week.

Last edited:
Reactions: DT

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
They may have been rubbish last night, but at the ground you could see they were trying. When they give that up we will really hit the bottom....

really? they looked so disinterested last night!!
when do u ever see an average prop run right through Tolman & Graham to score the softest try you will ever see?

last night was an all time low for this club, that 1st half, 1 of the worst ive ever seen, the scoreline is not so bad because parra switched off 2nd half, and the weather was so bad

in dry conditions, we lose by 60 last night

this club is a farkn shambles!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You guys wouldn't know what rock bottom feels like lol. Trust me this is far from rock bottom haha
Not a fair comparison. You've had 50 years of mediocrity with 1 of decent footy. We've had over 30 years of good footy with a few ordinary ones so it hurts us more.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
really? they looked so disinterested last night!!
when do u ever see an average prop run right through Tolman & Graham to score the softest try you will ever see?

last night was an all time low for this club, that 1st half, 1 of the worst ive ever seen, the scoreline is not so bad because parra switched off 2nd half, and the weather was so bad

in dry conditions, we lose by 60 last night

this club is a farkn shambles!
Mate, the Eels had about 75% of the ball for the first 30 mins. I can't believe they only put 3 tries on us. We were shot ducks after that no matter how good we may have been going. That was nowhere near the worst I've seen us play - even this year. Have you forgotten the Penrith game? the Eagles kicking master class? They were ordinary. I agree about the Alvaro try and have already said so, but Graham did make a number of strong charges after that so he knew he had stuffed up. The fact that we didn't get beat by 50 last night is a moral victory as far as I am concerned, so no it isn't the worst I have seen us play, not by a long shot. How about 2009 when we had the minor premiership at our feet and got flogged by the Roosters? That was much worse because we actually had plenty to play for.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Although I think it will get worse before better for me this is the lowest I have ever felt as a Dogs fan. During the Salary Cap disaster I actually felt like it was us against the world and it made me stronger with the club (although in hindsight we did it to ourselves). I think fan wise we are at the lowest we have been, well atleast for the 25 years I have followed. I don't want to be over dramatic but I liken what Des and Dib are doing to Civil War, they are turning dogs fans against eachother (which we see everyday now on this site) and if that's not a new low than I don't know what is... What makes it worse is that we are allowing an "outsider" in that Manly shitball to do it to our club! Our Board are failing in their duty of care to protect the club at all costs.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Issue was we couldn't score any points. Now our defence is slowly opening up. With this coach and this team next year, there will be 40+ blowouts next year.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our 5th tackle options looked dangerous, Klemmers kicking was supurb. Our halves pairing looks cohesive and our forward pack is dominant. Desler needs time with this team and we can still make the fjnals. If it wasn't raining we'd be winning for sure

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rock bottom is when we get the spoon.
Some teams play with pride and spirit and get the spoon. Our team plays with no spirit and pride and should be wooden spooners. This IS rock bottom because of the circus board, stubborn coach, and some inept players.

In 2008 we won thw wooden spoon, but we were far more entertaining.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Some teams play with pride and spirit and get the spoon. Our team plays with no spirit and pride and should be wooden spooners. This IS rock bottom because of the circus board, stubborn coach, and some inept players.

In 2008 we won thw wooden spoon, but we were far more entertaining.
2008 was a year full of horse shit. We lost 3 good players in the space of 12 month - Mason, SBW and Maitua ON THE BACK OF Anasta, Sherwin, O'Meley, JT, Price, Asotasi etc... all leaving years earlier.

There were so many holes in the team by the end of 2008, and the worst thing is that Mason, SBW and Maitua were ALL contracted to the Bulldogs beyond 2008! None of them should've left or been released!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They may have been rubbish last night, but at the ground you could see they were trying. When they give that up we will really hit the bottom....
Well that trying looked pathetic and inept
Case in point Stanley at 5:8
Wow just wow if that's fg material

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The eels had 75% of the ball in the first half Coz we suck arse and not the nice Kim kardashian bubble butt type

Hoppa catches a bomb and stays upright - driven into in goal
Morris drops it from a fcuking tap
Elliot drops it on the second Tackle
Mbye gives away a stupid crowding penalty as if he's asking the parra player for a blowjob
We try to play expansive footy on the back of a slow play the ball and Morris runs into touch then throws it back on the inside to kenny Edwards
Our kicker Reynolds finds French on the full every second kick

That is ALL our fault

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd rather lose by 40 with a team of 19-21 year olds that have a dig and are beaten on ability then put up with these overpaid fools

Morris Bros wow
Tolman and Graham cream puffs
Elliot lichaa holland floppa no comment needed
Reynolds lol
Mbye thinks he's a politician not a fg player
Stanley should quit and play Oztag and still won't dominate

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
2008 was a year full of horse shit. We lost 3 good players in the space of 12 month - Mason, SBW and Maitua ON THE BACK OF Anasta, Sherwin, O'Meley, JT, Price, Asotasi etc... all leaving years earlier.

There were so many holes in the team by the end of 2008, and the worst thing is that Mason, SBW and Maitua were ALL contracted to the Bulldogs beyond 2008! None of them should've left or been released!
Mason and O'Meley. Now there 2 guy's that should be hanging around at training and giving lessons in running.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We will hit rock bottom after round 26 is played, when we hit the offseason on the back of 7 straight losses and finish 15th.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well that trying looked pathetic and inept
Case in point Stanley at 5:8
Wow just wow if that's fg material
But....he was still better than Frawley who apparently is better than Mbye who is better than.......

Status
Not open for further replies.