Is this a record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dont know whether to laugh or cry and this hasn't been mentioned here before..

But we have had the same winger combination in our squad and playing together
for the past 7 seasons!

Utai and El Masri have been in our squad for the past 7 years. Its really astounding considering most people can see clear as day our backline has speed/height & tryscoring issues.

I dont know if any club in the whole league has ever kept the same 2 wingers in its squad for 7 seasons straight, and unless they are released both will be in our squad next year also making it 8 seasons.

Is it possible to find out?
(M Hancock and Willie Carne maybe both played with the Broncos for longer during the 90s, only difference was they were both very strong attackers)

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
I can understand why Haz, but Utai has always been a liability in defence and under bombs. Haz will have a positive effect on the scoring ledger, Utai, he can bleed points just like tonight.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was just saying that on another post but thought it was only 5 years or so...that makes it even worse...7 years!! The most frustrating thing is that over 7 years other teams "blood" their best young talent in the club into first grade via the WING position...we have STARVED our younger players of the opportunity to deveolp for SEVEN YEARS....what an absolute joke...confirms my own belief that we can quite easily get someone better than Folksie as head coach.!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not having a go at either, but no other NRL club from memory have kept the same 2 wingers in there squad for 7 straight seasons. And its funny especially when its so obvious are backline has many issues, and we have kept the same combo for so long

Mighty_Matt

Waterboy
Reaction score
Haz is not much taller than utai...but he always manages to at least get a hand in on a bomb and diffuse a try...he always manages to make something happen.....

Status
Not open for further replies.