Is there something you are or were great at.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been DMing D&D campaigns for over 30 years. From single adventures to a campaign that lasted 4 years, I create everything from scratch, including the land, the laws, the histories, short and long term story arcs, currency, trade, adventures, maps and NPCs. I play, but I prefer to DM and so do the guys I've been playing with and we've doing it for so long, our kids are joining in. We started with edition 2 and we're now using edition 5, but I'm one of those DMs that adjusts the rules to suit the style of campaign I want to run.

It's funny, I would not have admitted to playing or DMing D&D for years or allowed anyone to see my bookcase of hundreds of books, but it's more popular now that it's ever been. I watch Critical Role with my son and there are hundreds of Tube channels that are treasure troves of ideas and views.

I know there are others on here that play, c'mon you pussies, man up!

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have been DMing D&D campaigns for over 30 years. From single adventures to a campaign that lasted 4 years, I create everything from scratch, including the land, the laws, the histories, short and long term story arcs, currency, trade, adventures, maps and NPCs. I play, but I prefer to DM and so do the guys I've been playing with and we've doing it for so long, our kids are joining in. We started with edition 2 and we're now using edition 5, but I'm one of those DMs that adjusts the rules to suit the style of campaign I want to run.

It's funny, I would not have admitted to playing or DMing D&D for years or allowed anyone to see my bookcase of hundreds of books, but it's more popular now that it's ever been. I watch Critical Role with my son and there are hundreds of Tube channels that are treasure troves of ideas and views.

Yeah I play, it's a good time

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Winning debates on basic human rights, equalities and freedoms

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I tried to play with a mate and a small group that he was involved with. Wasn't bad but the group was never able to meet up with enough regularity to really get into it.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

While reading your post i was thinking I wonder if you had watched Critical Role, but then I seen you do. Matt Mercer is a great DM, and the whole team make for entertaining playthroughs. I think it was the Vox Machina campaign that I spent countless hours watching.

I played a bit of D&D back in the day. Also played Warhammer and Lord of the Rings battles.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
While reading your post i was thinking I wonder if you had watched Critical Role, but then I seen you do. Matt Mercer is a great DM, and the whole team make for entertaining playthroughs. I think it was the Vox Machina campaign that I spent countless hours watching.

I played a bit of D&D back in the day. Also played Warhammer and Lord of the Rings battles.
I'm still playing Warhammer tbh

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm still playing Warhammer tbh
I didn't really have the spare cash at the time to invest in it but i had a few mates that loved it so they got me into doing battles with them. I also helped them with painting squads and all that jazz. We would just get baked, drink beers and mung on snack food while battling for hours.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah I played a bit of Rolemaster, Twilight 2000, that stupid Vampire one, but always came back to D&D. Matt is great and I love his idea of making his own monsters as all the guys I play with know all the usual suspects I put in front of them. We just finished an invasion story line arc where they had to join the fray and battle an invading army of creatures of my own design. It was fun watching them act without them knowing what they were up against.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m good at flying into a uncontrollable rage when the Bulldogs run it on the last on the opposition’s line and then drop it only to have the other team pick it up and run 80 meters for a try and then after the try the ref gives one of our players 10 in the bin because he intentionally obstructed their player.. My missus loves it she thinks I’m a big man…

Hence is why I’m only allowed to watch Dogs games in the shed or the pub.. She is not interested.
We have all been good at that for the last 6 years...