IS there really any point in playing this game this week?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a downer, but realistically, what is the point of playing this game?
The Storm get 2 origin players back this week with one of those being the best hooker in the game.
I dont think i can even remember a time when the only way i think my team can win is if the opposition get absolutely smashed with concussions and injuries.
Like if they lose all there bench and lose 1 or 2 more players.
Who else feels this way?
"I dont think i can even remember a time when the only way i think my team can win is if the opposition get absolutely smashed with concussions and injuries."

I can - last week!

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What have you got to look forward to in this game?
Be serious.
You support your team through the good and bad times....so let’s just not play anymore because we are shit.....no one is enjoying what is happening to our team but to suggest we shouldn’t play this week....wow....some supporters have sunk to a new level

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now we know how South Queensland Crushers Fans felt back in the day.
At least we have a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You support your team through the good and bad times....so let’s just not play anymore because we are shit.....no one is enjoying what is happening to our team but to suggest we shouldn’t play this week....wow....some supporters have sunk to a new level
I remember around the time of the Super League war, they interviewed John Ribot who was the CEO of the Broncos who were also at the peak of there powers at the time. A real powerhouse, they asked him why he wanted change in the NRL and wants to go to Super league.
He said his team was about to play the Magpies who at the time were atrocious and he woke up on the morning of the game and had no motivation to watch it. He literally said he cannot do this anymore such is the one sided nature of the contest. He said there was no point and that forced him to think that change was required.
This from the CEO of the club at the time who was in charge of a very very succesful team.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a downer, but realistically, what is the point of playing this game?
The Storm get 2 origin players back this week with one of those being the best hooker in the game.
I dont think i can even remember a time when the only way i think my team can win is if the opposition get absolutely smashed with concussions and injuries.
Who else feels this way?
I dont think this way. In fact what a stupid fucking thread. Im sick of these depressing threads. FMD.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who else feels this way?
‘stupidest thread ever
you support your side through thick and thin
how do you ever expect them to improve “if they don’t play “

anyway , great part of being a fan is going through the highs and lows and when you see this side improving or even winning the odd game , it will be a massive high full of emotion

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes we are all hurting so bad atm but we will bounce back bigger & better than ever :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
When we win a GF in a year or 2 we will savour it so much more :smiley::smiley::smiley:
GO THE DOGGIES!!!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
here's an idea don't fuggen watch, go bake a cake wash your car or do whatever.
REALLY stupid thing to say "is there any point in playing this game" FMD i do not suffer fools well :laughing:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not exactly looking forward to the shellacking either, but what's the alternative? Forfeiting?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
they came into the comp the same time as the cowboys
Warriors & you might not know this team either the western reds.
I know the Reds, just not these guys haha.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know the Reds, just not these guys haha.
do you know what the falcon is?
When the ball hits a players head
I’m pretty sure Mario French (the falcon) at the time was playing for the crushers when it happened but I could be wrong.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To help push the storms into the top 4

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone here saying stupid thread......waiting for the same people who will around 6:00pm onwards this Saturday be losing there marbles about the team LOL

Kebab74

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Your right.. Let's rest the players as a reward and get them ready to fire on all cylinders v the cowboys the following week.. BTW did post this blog seconds after receiving your covid gab?