Is there a reason airlines don't hire obese flight attendants?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have we ever seen an obese flight attendant? I haven't.

Is it a matter that the planes are built with small Isles and seats that are not built for fat people?

Is it that fat people are more lazy at work and wouldn't like the constant engagement an airline hostess requires.

Or is it that fat Pepe are visually unappealing and noone would fly if they had to look at fat people all flight

Should they make planes with Isles and seats to cater for fat people? Should there be plus size seats that perhaps they pay plus size airfare rates. Plus sized meals as well, plus size toilets

What do airlines know that we don't?

Whilst we are taught to treat fat people equally, how do airlines dispense of their duties to obese people

Discuss?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Is it a matter that the planes are built with small Isles and seats that are not built for fat people?

Is it that fat people are more lazy at work and wouldn't like the constant engagement an airline hostess requires.

Or is it that fat Pepe are visually unappealing and noone would fly if they had to look at fat people all flight

Should they make planes with Isles and seats to cater for fat people? Should there be plus size seats that perhaps they pay plus size airfare rates. Plus sized meals as well, plus size toilets

Whilst we are taught to treat fat people equally, how do airlines dispense of their duties to obese people

Discuss?
I guess it would be a case of fat people not applying for such jobs.

As for the surcharges, it's been a topic that's been discussed on and off for what seems like forever. I guess we can leave the fat people to decide if they are willing to pay for 2 seats to travel in comfort or sit with half their arse hanging off the edge of the seat.

1621550707153.png

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It’s nowhere near as scandalous as anyone may think and the answer is more commercial than anything. As airlines have jammed in as many seats as possible and seat pitch (width and gap between seats) has reduced in efforts to increase profitability - crew dimensions are likewise considered for aircraft weight and balance. For similar reasons you won’t see basketball height sized FA’s no matter how slim…

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Singapore Airlines apparently used to have a policy that if you got to big for your uniform, you were encouraged to resign. I'd imagine that would be true for some other Asian airlines.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s nowhere near as scandalous as anyone may think and the answer is more commercial than anything. As airlines have jammed in as many seats as possible and seat pitch (width and gap between seats) has reduced in efforts to increase profitability - crew dimensions are likewise considered for aircraft weight and balance. For similar reasons you won’t see basketball height sized FA’s no matter how slim…
Is this not discrimination? Why isn't the same sex marriage brigade LBTGI going to march to get equality for fat people on airlines

If they were to sign up all the fat people, they would have a big team :grinning: (excuse the pun)

But the LBTGI group , They are not about equality, not concerned about the interests of obese people, only advancing their own interests.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Is this not discrimination? Why isn't the same sex marriage brigade LBTGI going to march to get equality for fat people on airlines

If they were to sign up all the fat people, they would have a big team :grinning: (excuse the pun)

But the LBTGI group , They are not about equality, not concerned about the interests of obese people, only advancing their own interests.
No, it’s practicality of the work environment. If through height or width you’re unable to operate an emergency exit properly that rules you out of contention.

Who anyone roots in their spare time has nothing to do with it. If a person ticked all the boxes to qualify for air crew but was denied the job because of who they prefer to shag then THAT would be discrimination.

But you keep drawing that long bow Boost…

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I thought it was a job requirement to be gay as a male flight attendant at Qantas.

Not so? Lol

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Discuss?
The isles and seats arent bigger because bigger means more weight, more weight means more fuel consumption, and more fuel consumption means less profit.

It wouldnt be practical for anybody who is too large to be a flight attendant as it would cause difficulty getting around the cabin, or reaching over to pass someone with a window seat something without the person next to them being smothered. In any case large people dont usually like jobs that have you on your feet all day. Flight attendants are. Lots of walking.

And im not having a go at fat people. Some jobs suit different body types more. Small guys are great working in rooves for example, but me at 200cm could never work in a roof. Or anything that requires me to be in a small space. At 105kg which about normal for my height, i would also make a lousy jockey.

Have you noticed there are also few fat jockeys?

You just have to work with what you're given.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I guess it would be a case of fat people not applying for such jobs.

As for the surcharges, it's been a topic that's been discussed on and off for what seems like forever. I guess we can leave the fat people to decide if they are willing to pay for 2 seats to travel in comfort or sit with half their arse hanging off the edge of the seat.

View attachment 24400
Exactly. i mean sure they could have a few larger seats that can be filled by skinnier people if no large people are on the flight, but to do that it reduces the number of seats overall, which reduces revenue. A lot of airlines have seats where the separator can be removed so someone can have 2 seats though. And if you use 2 seats on a full flight, you should pay double. Being large costs more in many other ways too. Cloths cost more. Food costs more. You need a larger vehicle to drive around in. Your car uses more petrol due to your weight. I have some of the same issues and other issues from being overly tall. Its life.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are fat people better suited to a buffet style breakfast? They don't care how it tastes but it's about a big serving size?

Better looking People / not fat would go to the a-la-carte breakfast?

Horses for courses?

So if fat people are no good to work as an air hostess, what are they good for?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, it’s practicality of the work environment. If through height or width you’re unable to operate an emergency exit properly that rules you out of contention.

Who anyone roots in their spare time has nothing to do with it. If a person ticked all the boxes to qualify for air crew but was denied the job because of who they prefer to shag then THAT would be discrimination.

But you keep drawing that long bow Boost…
Do you make any sense? Isn't the emergency exits the same as the door to enter the plane? So somehow fat passengers make their way on and in the event of an emergency If an airline was required to evacuate, the fat passengers would be then unable to exit Through the same door? Does the exit shrink? Or are you saying fat People swell up further mid air to clog up the exits? They might keep the plane boyant if it lands on sea?

I'm with you that fat people shouldn't be on a flight, if they brew up a fart, cock their leg and really drop their guts, expel with some compression, a big Aggressive boomy fart , the plane airtight all bottled up.. could you imagine breathing that in, being forced to stay in your seat for hours of turbulence?

So the airlines would rather have an elephant outside their tent pissing in rather than an elephant inside their tent pissing outwood?

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You'll find all the fat flight attendants at ticketing and on the flight training simulator.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how are you supposed to bang a big stewardess in those little toilets on planes?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The aisles aren’t wide enough and it would reduce fuel economy lol