Is the old T-rex Coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the big contributor to his performance against the Storm really begun when he moved to the left hand side as many others have posted. He became way more involved almost instantly once he swapped sides. Hope he starts on that side against Roosters, I want to see if he does it again. Maybe some players can only feel comfortable on one side. I'd expect this more from a centre, winger though, but not a second rower. But gee if he is going to find his fire on the left then put him there.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He played well against Melbourne but he could have cost us a few tries.. especially when he was just walking back to the line and I think it was cronk or slater who offloaded the ball and ran towards his direction..

Sometimes I just think he is real dopey. Reminds me of Homer Simpson.
Difference is Homer has no DOH.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've been on his side, I've been critical of him, I've made jokes about him out of frustration and bemusement, at times I've wanted to throttle him. I think a lot of us have. But I saw something on Sat night that excited me and gives me some hope for this guy. He was at his usual laziness up until he was switched over to the LHS of our attack. I don't know if its got to do with Hodko or what, but he just seemed more switched on, more enthusiastic and more comfortable there. Maybe it had to do with him being set a task to follow Cronk around. Not at full potential yet but I'd be keeping him on the left to see if the improvement keeps growing.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep! And watch him run at Pearce on Friday.
I'd get him to run at Maloney, you shut him down, you shut the roosters down. Pearce hasn't got the brains or skill to lead the roosters. Look at the pre-Maloney years as evidence.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If TRex can produce one..... MASSIVE play, whether its say levelling out SBW, a long range trampling run to score a try or if that try wins us a game etc, it could very well awake the Giant. It's obvious that he doesn't have the belief in himself yet hence why we all get so frustrated with him and say things like, get him to stand in front of a mirror. I've even heard people like A Johns say the same thing.
he is like that big child who doesn't get it yet. Come on TRex, ONE MASSIVE PLAY WILL GET YOU THERE.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jut imagine this play. O hanlon takes the hit up off loads to T. Rex bulldozes a few thousand players like there were only 13 players on the field and then offloads to klemmer to score try. Ahhhhh I just watched 300 and yeah

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a waste of space he was tonight. Offloaded pretty much as soon as he got the ball.

I hope he doesnt bring that attitude back to the dogs

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What a waste of space he was tonight. Offloaded pretty much as soon as he got the ball.

I hope he doesnt bring that attitude back to the dogs
Mate he defended really well. Ran over jt every time was put on his weak side of the field hardly got the ball and only got 20min. What do you want from the big fella

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate he defended really well. Ran over jt every time was put on his weak side of the field hardly got the ball and only got 20min. What do you want from the big fella
We want more than that. He stood flat at one stage, ran sideways, passed to watmough who then ran sideways as well. With his size he should run over jt and anyone else for that matter

MrNiceGuy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He did his job.. Loz couldn't utlisie him enough.. He should've been on for 10 mins in the last end of the second half. It looked like he was a plan B and wasn't needed.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was under used big time dont rate merrin or scott at all

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have a dumb question - is it public knowledge that T-Rex is almost twice as effective when he plays on the left? ie Has it been printed in papers or on nrl.com etc? Or is it knowledge that Kennelers seem to only be aware of? Because I can't understand why Daley would pick him, based on left hand side play but then play him on the right... T-Rex didn't play badly at all, and the workover he gave JT by running at him could have contributed to JT's slow night BUT he's such a weapon on the left...

Maybe he was going to be on the left but after Cronk broke his arm, they wanted him to run at the more established of the two playmakers? (thats some pretty serious benefit of the doubt though)

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He was barely used in that game, he would of been very handy for us when we were on the attack or struggling to make meters

He will get swapped out for Bird
I think Scott might be or he might slip into 5/8 if Reynolds is gone

Last edited by a moderator:

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
I thought Scott was decent despite his first half. He was great defensively in the second half. QLD threw everything to that side of the field.

Watmough looks injured, maybe its he who will miss out.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Rex played awesome when he was on despite being on the wrong side and being underused.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Rex played awesome when he was on despite being on the wrong side and being underused.
Dosent matter what side he was on. Just run hard and straight when he receives the ball. Not rocket science for even that dingo.
Underused? I know why. Because he was a liability and Daley didnt put him back on even though NSW was desperate for some go forward which he couldnt provide.
The blokes who had given all and were absolutely farked put much more into their runs than he did when he was fresh.

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
R u kidding? Even idiot daley knew he was shit. Thats why he didnt put him back on

Status
Not open for further replies.