Is Sione Katoa the worst hooker to play for the bulldogs.

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hey guy,

Kotoa > Dietz
Hoppa> Schoup
Nappa > Doorey

Bleed in these guys for next year. Alot be a shota calla and show the team that Trent ain't playing games and will drop players if they are under performing.

Like and reply.
Well put NASHEED!!!

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is honestly a hippopotamus. Has no urgency or awareness. Every time we get tackled he walks up slowly to pass the ball, bends over slowly to pick up the ball. If you watch most of the good hookers they are right behind the tackled player and have purpose and urgency to their plays and passes knowing that it all starts with them.
This, he's like a lazy nugget I honestly want to punch the TV everytime I see him.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't usually bag out players but I have to agree, he is crap. He isn't first grade standard. His service out of dummy half is terrible, he is no attacking threat and he has no urgency in his play (his lack of effort in trying to get the ball when Munster kicked through for Jerome Hughes try was terrible) .

The Kafausi try from dummy half I put down largely to his clumsy effort of trying to step back over the top of the tackled player and you can tell he isn't switched on and set for the next play and in that split second Kaufausi was over

And what peeved me off was the sight of him joking and laughing with a Souths player after last weeks defeat. I was deflated and felt shit after that game (and I imagine most of us were) but here is this guy laughing and joking after the game ....after he had played shit

I know with JMK out he was our only recognised hooker, but after Topine's last 2 efforts he has to start whether we regard him our long term hooker or not. Topine actually gives a damn and you can tell he is busting his gut out there and giving his all and he obviously loves playing for the jumper

While he is probably not our long term hooker, I think Topine to start with either JMK or Dietz on the bench is our best option going forward this year. I think there is huge upside of getting 20 odd games of first grade into Topine this year which will do him the world of good in the next couple of years when he puts on a bit more size and muscle. He will be a mainstay (in whatever position) of our squad for years to come

On a side note it was interesting to finally see how much better our attack looked with just the basic ingredients (that we have been missing) added to our team. Some go forward (Thommo) plus 2 of our attacking spine (Avo and DWZ) really getting involved and creating some chances. It was just a small glimpse of what we can do. Recruiting another couple of tough forwards giving us consistent go forward, a capable hooker along with Burton ( who will be an attacking threat) and JAC , there is light at the end of the tunnel

Our defence obviously is an issue but like they say , attitude plays a big part in defence and selections like Katoa out and Topine in is a small step in the right direction

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bro, we have the worst anything out of the South Pacific..!

Hopefully Topine will set that straight for us soon.
We used to have the worst winger of some Fijian decent slowwww

But yeah you right

Once upon a time
Kas, Frankie, Reni, SBW, Mason, Asotasi the list goes on

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We used to have the worst winger of some Fijian decent slowwww

But yeah you right

Once upon a time
Kas, Frankie, Reni, SBW, Mason, Asotasi the list goes on
Was watching a Dogzilla game yesterday for Catalans. He wasn't too bad actually :grinning:

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guy,

Kotoa > Dietz
Hoppa> Schoup
Nappa > Doorey

Bleed in these guys for next year. Alot be a shota calla and show the team that Trent ain't playing games and will drop players if they are under performing.

Like and reply.
Unfortunately I don’t think they’re available for selection until round 11 except for Doorey.

I agree though, they’d be better choices.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK is way better and that is saying something...

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Topine to hooker this week. Has to be the play. Looked decent there on the weekend