Is our Beloved Bulldogs Club copping a good dose of Karma ?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He isn't an ALPHA...
It is the reason I've said time and time again he only looked good in the UK running off Walmsley.
Hence the reason I said he’d of killed it playing for Bronco’s running off Haas ..

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The roosters are a perfect example of how buying a team works. They reigned supreme for a while, and can still do if they had a proper coach

think Gould is doing a good job but I don’t think there is much more longevity in a pathways system then anything else. You create team… so what? Are they more loyal? Are they willing to stay? The riff are a good example of Gus’ work but he may have striked it lucky as I understand that catchment area is a breeding ground for Nrl talent. You could say the roosters’ run is as equally successful as panthers’

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If TLTR … just mosey on …

I can’t believe that in a very small way, I’m starting to agree with TK conspiracy theorists that there must be some type of loser curse on our club …

It’s not that far fetched is it … like come on, except for a shit win against the Tigers, we can’t even win at our spiritual home ground at Belmore against clubs with half their F***** talent missing … and even if we do get on a 35 minute role in a game … along comes crap refereeing decisions, or a few injuries to key players to F*** us up.

If we were to put common sense aside, and consider for a minute that we are cursed or jinxed …. there’s absolutely no doubting it started the day Greenturd signed that Manly money rat and allowed him to come in with his shit entourage and take over our club.

Looking back, that to me is the day the club looked the DNA that Bullfrog built, our culture, pathways, development and history in the eye and said F*** you.

Yes we all know he got us to a couple of losing GF’s, but was that worth the hole he left us in and us selling out our clubs heart and soul?

There’ll be some saying that was years ago, stop blaming the past we have to move on, and yes that’s true, the club and us fans are moving on, we have no choice … but there’s no denying we’re still paying for shit decisions from the past ..

To name just one … Dale Finucane …. that young Bulldog should have been groomed to be our long term 10 year captain / leader .. he should still be leading our team right now ! …. instead who do we have leading us .. no one, a decision from the past that we’re still paying for in a big way ..

Cookie - should still be here.
Tapau - should be still here, about to retire after years of service and his replacement 1st grade seasoned off the bench and ready to go ..
Ennis - should have stayed while we developed our own 9
Pritchard
Kasiano
Klemmer - was blue and white through and through, they killed that, he should still be here ..

There’s to many to list … all terrible decisions that stripped us down to where we are today ..

Yes it happened in the past and we need to let it go ….. but the facts remain, that and a lot of other shit decisions after that, is why we are where we are today.

Watching my beloved Bulldogs right now is like watching a 4 cylinder Hyundai in a V8 super car race .. we need bigger body’s and a shit load more power !

Unfortunately in this game power doesn’t come from just size and muscle alone …. the power needed for this game really comes from training bodies to be year in year out seasoned players, and that’s what takes the most amount of time to develop, a team of players that have the power and strength to dominate and play well for the whole season .. that’s the #1 thing we’re missing throughout this whole team right now ..

The biggest mistake from the past that’s biting us in the ass was the total break down of our pathways, our junior development and our attention to preparing the next man up … Hasler with his Manly silvertails mentality conned us into thinking we could move on juniors and just buy whatever talent we needed, …… “WHY” spend the money on trying to develop talent ourselves when all that money can go to 1st grade and premierships, “short term thinking” …

That “WHY” was because that’s who we were as a club, we don’t buy, we develop our own, they killed that heart and soul part of our club and watched it die, if there is a curse, this is probably where it manifested itself !!

The only way to break it is to do exactly what Gould is doing now, rebuild the pathways, focus on development, continue doing it and be patient with these kids while they build the power strength and experience that’s needed for week in week out full seasons of 1st grade footy ..

I’ve said this before .. we might get lucky and be able to buy a Tino or Haas … but the reality is it probably won’t happen, we need to develop our own alpha props, our own size muscle and power, when the club puts in the years of hard work that’s needed to develop our own players like that all over the park instead of just trying to buy it, plus they have a good production line of seasoned junior depth to back it up … that’s the day we get back to who we are as a club and break this so called curse ..
Greenberg actually started the slide with our junior production being deemed an unnecessary expense before Hasler arrived.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The roosters are a perfect example of how buying a team works. They reigned supreme for a while, and can still do if they had a proper coach

think Gould is doing a good job but I don’t think there is much more longevity in a pathways system then anything else. You create team… so what? Are they more loyal? Are they willing to stay? The riff are a good example of Gus’ work but he may have striked it lucky as I understand that catchment area is a breeding ground for Nrl talent. You could say the roosters’ run is as equally successful as panthers’
I agree with you bro 100% … but just as the Panthers are rich in their catchment areas … the Roosters are just as rich in the powerful rich people they have backing them .. that’s why they can make the buying premiership teams work for them ..

The thing to focus on is before Greenturd, Dib, Castle, Hasler and entourage blew it all up …. We were the top development club in the league … we can get back there and that’s what will propel us back to the top of the ladder .. but there’s no magic wand to make it happen quickly ..

Image1689761544.582170.jpg

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If TLTR … just mosey on …

I can’t believe that in a very small way, I’m starting to agree with TK conspiracy theorists that there must be some type of loser curse on our club …

It’s not that far fetched is it … like come on, except for a shit win against the Tigers, we can’t even win at our spiritual home ground at Belmore against clubs with half their F***** talent missing … and even if we do get on a 35 minute role in a game … along comes crap refereeing decisions, or a few injuries to key players to F*** us up.

If we were to put common sense aside, and consider for a minute that we are cursed or jinxed …. there’s absolutely no doubting it started the day Greenturd signed that Manly money rat and allowed him to come in with his shit entourage and take over our club.

Looking back, that to me is the day the club looked the DNA that Bullfrog built, our culture, pathways, development and history in the eye and said F*** you.

Yes we all know he got us to a couple of losing GF’s, but was that worth the hole he left us in and us selling out our clubs heart and soul?

There’ll be some saying that was years ago, stop blaming the past we have to move on, and yes that’s true, the club and us fans are moving on, we have no choice … but there’s no denying we’re still paying for shit decisions from the past ..

To name just one … Dale Finucane …. that young Bulldog should have been groomed to be our long term 10 year captain / leader .. he should still be leading our team right now ! …. instead who do we have leading us .. no one, a decision from the past that we’re still paying for in a big way ..

Cookie - should still be here.
Tapau - should be still here, about to retire after years of service and his replacement 1st grade seasoned off the bench and ready to go ..
Ennis - should have stayed while we developed our own 9
Pritchard
Kasiano
Klemmer - was blue and white through and through, they killed that, he should still be here ..

There’s to many to list … all terrible decisions that stripped us down to where we are today ..

Yes it happened in the past and we need to let it go ….. but the facts remain, that and a lot of other shit decisions after that, is why we are where we are today.

Watching my beloved Bulldogs right now is like watching a 4 cylinder Hyundai in a V8 super car race .. we need bigger body’s and a shit load more power !

Unfortunately in this game power doesn’t come from just size and muscle alone …. the power needed for this game really comes from training bodies to be year in year out seasoned players, and that’s what takes the most amount of time to develop, a team of players that have the power and strength to dominate and play well for the whole season .. that’s the #1 thing we’re missing throughout this whole team right now ..

The biggest mistake from the past that’s biting us in the ass was the total break down of our pathways, our junior development and our attention to preparing the next man up … Hasler with his Manly silvertails mentality conned us into thinking we could move on juniors and just buy whatever talent we needed, …… “WHY” spend the money on trying to develop talent ourselves when all that money can go to 1st grade and premierships, “short term thinking” …

That “WHY” was because that’s who we were as a club, we don’t buy, we develop our own, they killed that heart and soul part of our club and watched it die, if there is a curse, this is probably where it manifested itself !!

The only way to break it is to do exactly what Gould is doing now, rebuild the pathways, focus on development, continue doing it and be patient with these kids while they build the power strength and experience that’s needed for week in week out full seasons of 1st grade footy ..

I’ve said this before .. we might get lucky and be able to buy a Tino or Haas … but the reality is it probably won’t happen, we need to develop our own alpha props, our own size muscle and power, when the club puts in the years of hard work that’s needed to develop our own players like that all over the park instead of just trying to buy it, plus they have a good production line of seasoned junior depth to back it up … that’s the day we get back to who we are as a club and break this so called curse ..
What an absolute fucken rabbel of a post

Please stop referring to other men as alphas too. It makes u sound like a total beta. Bit of wisdom for u, free of charge. Thanks me l8r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Please stop referring to other men as alphas too. It makes u sound like a total beta. Bit of wisdom for u, free of charge. Thanks me l8r
Poor old Fizbo, he’s wrong again … I don’t go around as you say referring to other men as alpha’s … but if you don’t know what an alpha lion, wolf, dog, leader, or Rugby League prop means then slither away again until you’ve googled it …

As for a rabble of a post … go check the history reply comments to my posts … and then go check your own, the majority of reply’s to your posts will confirm to you what shit posts really look like …

Last edited:

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Well I think that’s a very harsh comment. I saw it as a very passionate post from a passionate fan, hurting like we all are. I don’t agree with everything written, but I do understand why he says what he does.
I too am also impatient & hugely distressed to see our beloved team uncompetitive, with our defence just not aiming up week after week & struggling with on field leadership setting a standard.
I do agree that Gus needs to rebuild our junior pathways to feed the team in years to come, (that’s medium - longer term), while in the meantime, he does need to target a couple of bigger bodies in the middle & some experience &/or organisation in the halves, to help steer our young team around the park. It does not take more than 2-3 of these player types to see a sudden change. (Eg. Reynolds @ Broncos, SJ @ Warriors???).
I just trust Gus also sees it the same way & delivers for us, to find the right stuff while we wait for junior pathways to bear fruit.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Looking back, that to me is the day the club looked the DNA that George Coorey built, our culture, pathways, development and history in the eye and said F*** you.
Nasheed here,
Fixed your post.

As for the curse talk.
I have actually heard rumours of a Christian Maronite curse on our club with something to do with the eels.
I dismissed it as Hocus locus like a normal person but if anyone wishes I can dig into it to see what it’s about.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Curse talk aside.
I think one of the reasons we are constant failures is we have one of the smallest junior nursery’s in the game. I think only Cronulla have worse, in light of the CC/Roosters connection.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we are cursed because we didnt conform and become pussies like every other team did and we held onto our culture.. so they chose to fuck with us hoping we will break
We are/were cursed because we allowed the F***** filthy enemy into our Bullfrog spiritual home … we are slowly rebuilding that burnt down home .. it’ll take time but have patience and rejoice that it’s finally being rebuilt old school ..

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DNA what is it exactly in a football team to me when I started to understand footy in late 70s early 80s was that of Hughes and Mortimer bro's forwards that gelled for what ever reason common interest, beliefs individuals like Baa, Elmasri, Sherwin, Anasta list goes on keeping all dots joined.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Exactly right mate … I wrote that mainly for the ones rubbishing administration, Gould and our coach .. so they could hopefully look a bit deeper and see that we are still paying for mistakes of the past …. and that it’s not an easy thing to just fix those mistakes ..

I’ve always used the Knights as a good example, have a look at the players that won them there premierships, where they came from and why they had the love and passion for their club to drive them to want to see it succeed …

Since then they’ve gone away from who they are as a club, look at the mercenaries they’ve bought year after year that don’t have that same passion and love for the club and the results since tell the story ..

Our real success will come from what Gould and CC are building underneath 1st grade … in the mean time they’ll try their best to make 1st grade as competitive as possible but they can only do so much in this player market ..
Nicely written. If there is a challenger ticket for the next elections, hopefully voting members take a very close look at who puts themselves forward.

If it is anyone who had anything to do with the administration of the club between 2012 and up until Khoury was voted in, they need to revisit your post and sober up!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We are/were cursed because we allowed the F***** filthy enemy into our Bullfrog spiritual home … we are slowly rebuilding that burnt down home .. it’ll take time but have patience and rejoice that it’s finally being rebuilt old school ..
What enemy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I think that’s a very harsh comment. I saw it as a very passionate post from a passionate fan, hurting like we all are. I don’t agree with everything written, but I do understand why he says what he does.
I too am also impatient & hugely distressed to see our beloved team uncompetitive, with our defence just not aiming up week after week & struggling with on field leadership setting a standard.
I do agree that Gus needs to rebuild our junior pathways to feed the team in years to come, (that’s medium - longer term), while in the meantime, he does need to target a couple of bigger bodies in the middle & some experience &/or organisation in the halves, to help steer our young team around the park. It does not take more than 2-3 of these player types to see a sudden change. (Eg. Reynolds @ Broncos, SJ @ Warriors???).
I just trust Gus also sees it the same way & delivers for us, to find the right stuff while we wait for junior pathways to bear fruit.
Well F*** me … surprise … surprise …. so this forums not just full of yes men sheep … agree or don’t agree, like this comment, at least always have your own F***** voice ..

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What enemy
If you don’t know that already … buy a bottle of Blanton’s and we’ll have a nudge while I explain it to you .. but as you’ve previously done … please don’t rat on me ok because I’m liable to go a bit JW if you do ..

Image1689774118.678885.jpg..

Last edited: