Is Nick Meaney the answer to our fullback position in the long term?

Is Nick Meaney our long term fullback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He doesn’t need to be a Billy Slater he just needs to be close to the General Patten

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks a class act.

Positionally aware, safe, fast and seems to have a very good head on his shoulders.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the end of the day all he has to do is get some experience and then link up with blokes like CHN to finish off half breaks and he will be elevated in ability. It's said he has pace although I haven't seen it yet.
He needs to push up in attack way more. He needs to sniff around Ogden and Harawira. He just needs to run hard. He has the speed. I think there is way more to see in Meaney. He is an exciting prospect

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait til he puts on some size, he already does all the right things you want from a fullback that are harder to teach. Size and a little more support play and he’ll be up there with the best current fullbacks

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Nick is the best fullback we have had since Ben Barba. I wont say Sam Perret even though he was really good at fullback but that wasnt his position.

But is Nick really the Billy Slater, Tedesco and Jarred Hayne type of fullback who will eventually reach the greater heights with more game time and experience or he is just an average fullback and we would have to look for a better fullback when the cash becomes available?

I would like to know the kennels opinion

You mean our first actual fullback since Barba...the others have all been centres and wingers

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The best part about this kid for me is that he is a footballer. In that I mean that he isn't an athlete turned footballer. He is a footballer and has football skills and awareness. I am very confident this kid barring injuries and the dreaded "Bulldogs don't hold onto any superstars"curse will turn into a super player. I would love for the club to get Billy Slater involved in an advisory role for him. It would do wonders for some of his support play and link play.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I reckon he's being told to take it easy, as in NSW Cup at Knights he had a really dangerous support play, and did do the odd kick on the 5th.

Last week was the first time it was obvious he was started to float around in attack. When that part of his game develops significantly, he'll cause a world of hurt for other teams.

Fuck now I’m to blame for one of those awkward sex kennel comments :tearsofjoy:
I saw it and pissed myself laughing last night.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hea making a good fist of it now in his limited time in FG.. so the only way is up..

What heights he will reach ive got no idea.. completely up to him..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
His speed in our backline movements will be a major asset. That's how we opened up the cowboys.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He has proved most of the doubters wrong. It was said he cant tackle, he will be "rag dolled" because he is so small.
Once again, I am glad that Pay and Co are doing the recruiting.

Reactions: GDR