Is nelson asofa soloma going to be sent off every week?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This new rule change is ridiculous. Anyone who gives another player a slap across the chops gets sent off?

Tall players in the game are under a huge disadvantage. How can Nelson asofa soloma tackle Luke Brooks without being sent off? Even if he drops down on his knees his tackling action will take off Luke Brooks head .

I think the reality is if a players injured or forced to head off with a HIA, the other player goes with him..

How can a tall player tackle a short player without a little slap across the chops.

Luke Brooks will line up in the front row against Melbourne, first hit up, Nelson asofa solomona gets sent off and tigers get a penalty.

I think they increase the interchange , keeps players fresher, less accidents.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nathan Gardiner to make shock nrl return as starting prop

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bend your f****n back and hit low is what was drilled into me. It is a simple technique that has been coached out of the game.
Hit low against some of these hard nut ***** running at u at 30km/h seems like a real quick way to cop a knee or leg and get knocked out. Plus no reward for legs tackles either :/

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bend your f****n back and hit low is what was drilled into me. It is a simple technique that has been coached out of the game.
They offload nowdays tho.

They are athletes now to rival NFL.

Refs allow too long till they call held and defences can't manage that offload (one more way refs impinge on possession swings).

Max 2 in a tackle and ref calls held asap no further progress I reckon.
That way no need for 6agains either. Coaches will want them playing the ball asap to catch retreating D.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They offload nowdays tho.

They are athletes now to rival NFL.

Refs allow too long till they call held and defences can't manage that offload (one more way refs impinge on possession swings).

Max 2 in a tackle and ref calls held asap no further progress I reckon.
That way no need for 6agains either. Coaches will want them playing the ball asap to catch retreating D.
most only know how to offload from backing into defenders or because they being held up for an age

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
most only know how to offload from backing into defenders or because they being held up for an age
True. So many areas that could rectify the problems the NRLol created by just reffing the rules correctly in the first place.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next year's front rowers will be luke Brooks and Chris Sandow..
He's looking for a comeback and if I remember correctly, he'd fit into the front row.

FORMER NRL STAR IN SEARCH OF SHOCK NRL COMEBACK

Former South Sydney and Parramatta star Chris Sandow has put his hand up for a shock return to the NRL.

The Daily Telegraph reported the 32-year-old would jump at the chance to return to the NRL for a bargain price of $150,000 a season.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has run out of cash most likely...looks unfit as fuck in the photo posted elsewhere on here.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
“The duck” is going to be the next big thing, you can bet Bellamy (as the instigator of most of the ugly things in league) is teaching it right now.

Go Dogs

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
“The duck” is going to be the next big thing, you can bet Bellamy (as the instigator of most of the ugly things in league) is teaching it right now.

Go Dogs
I think Tedesco is leading the charge on that one. :-)