Is Kieran Foran worth 1.2 million per year??? Seriously???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
a move which would seemingly mark the end of the Sea Eagles’ reign as the competition yardstick of the NRL.[/QUOTE]

WTF. in what universe are the Sea Eagles the competition yardstick of the NRL?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know Ecca maybe it's the fact that they have been so consistent for a long period of time, winning Premierships and always being there a bouts at the business end. Or the fact that they have been able to hold together a halves pairing that the rest of the league would give an arm and leg for. Sure sounds like the NRL yardstick to me.

P.S

"If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport"
????? That's a bit offensive don't you think????? Written in bold and underlined as well. Hmmm.

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There is also a rumour circulating on the Eels forum that Jarrod Hayne may return to rugby league before the June 30 deadline and that the Eels are set to approach Smith for marquee player payments outside the cap.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure that's not how it works.
The NRL sign the marque player and then it's a matter of who offers the best deal.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is also a rumour circulating on the Eels forum that Jarrod Hayne may return to rugby league before the June 30 deadline and that the Eels are set to approach Smith for marquee player payments outside the cap.
I am pretty sure that's not how it works.
The NRL sign the marque player and then it's a matter of who offers the best deal.[/QUOTE]

Being that Hayne was and is still contracted to the Eels as far as the NRL are concerned, this gives them priority before all other suitors.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Foran is lucky enough to rort that kind of money from any club thats fine by me as long as it's not my club paying it. They will eventually have to shed quality players to accommodate him. I think that while Foran is on the list of quality halves he is not that big of a deal.

N

Natboy

Don't attack me but I'd swap him for both of our current halves and pair him with Mbye in a heartbeat

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't attack me but I'd swap him for both of our current halves and pair him with Mbye in a heartbeat
Only if he came with a reasonable price tag say 750-800k he certainly isn't worth 1.2 mil!!! The Goose that layed the Golden Eggs would be worth that kind of investment but Foran doesn't crap gold!!!

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
in the universe where they have played finals footy since '04. finished in the top 4 6 times during that period and played in 4 grand finals winning 2

D

DoggyStylz

2 schools of thought here. A club pays 1.2million for foran and

1. Wins a premiership he's worth every cent
2. No chance of premiership then payed overs for him...

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't sign Foran for those figures that's ridiculous.

Leave it to Parramatta to screw themselves up again, would work great for us if Hayne was to suddenly come back.

No player is worth that money unless you're able to keep the bulk of that figure outside of the salary cap. Otherwise you'll end up like the Cowboys, always go close but never quite enough. If Thurston was placed in any other top 4 team he would have multiple premiership rings by now as opposed to having only the 2004 ring he won with us.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Considering their track record and the fact they matched the Storm blow for blow during the years that Melbourne were rorting the cap, it's pretty safe to say that they are.

Hasler built one of the most well balanced teams over the past decade, and it's only now starting to come apart. Eagles were pretty much in contention from 2006 onwards.

Same thing is happening for us now, we might have lost 2 Grand Finals, but out of the first 3 seasons Hasler has taken the reins we have either played to our potential or overachieved. Shows you just how much the coach matters.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Foran signs for the dogs for $1.2m and Mbye is on $200k, pure speculation just for this post, is $1.4m for a halves pairing too much? Lol

If we look at it that way, sure it still a bit bad but not as bad as looking at it as investing in to one player. More like investing in a position group.

(Dont mind the babble still half asleep)

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If Foran signs for the dogs for $1.2m and Mbye is on $200k, pure speculation just for this post, is $1.4m for a halves pairing too much? Lol

If we look at it that way, sure it still a bit bad but not as bad as looking at it as investing in to one player. More like investing in a position group.

(Dont mind the babble still half asleep)
If the guy next to me was making 6x my salary I would be a bit annoyed that's for sure

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't sign Foran for those figures that's ridiculous.

Leave it to Parramatta to screw themselves up again, would work great for us if Hayne was to suddenly come back.

No player is worth that money unless you're able to keep the bulk of that figure outside of the salary cap. Otherwise you'll end up like the Cowboys, always go close but never quite enough. If Thurston was placed in any other top 4 team he would have multiple premiership rings by now as opposed to having only the 2004 ring he won with us.
You mean he would have looked like a slightly darker version of this guy View attachment 22228

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
a club will pay overs for anyone they deem needed by the club, there is no way some players are worth the market price they are asking, but to the right club who needs that part of the jigsaw they will pay it

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
a club will pay overs for anyone they deem needed by the club, there is no way some players are worth the market price they are asking, but to the right club who needs that part of the jigsaw they will pay it
It's like buying a beer at the cricket, if you have no other option you pay the overs.

Status
Not open for further replies.