Is Kieran Foran worth 1.2 million per year??? Seriously???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Parramatta have emerged as the favourite to secure the prized signature of Manly superstar Kieran Foran for season 2016 and beyond, a move which would seemingly mark the end of the Sea Eagles’ reign as the competition yardstick of the NRL.

The Eels’ trump card is the enormous deal they are able to offer following Jarryd Hayne’s shock move to the US to pursue his NFL dream, and the fact halfback Chris Sandow is off-contract in 2015.
s
It is understood almost $1.2 million will be freed up under the salary cap courtesy of the club parting ways with Hayne and *Sandow, the bulk of which will go towards securing Foran, with Manly and another rival suitor, the Bulldogs, unable to come near that sort of figure without heavy third-party additions.

Also helping the Eels’ cause has been the strong Sea Eagles influence Parramatta now boasts with Anthony Watmough, prop Darcy Lussick and coach Brad Arthur — formerly an assistant at Manly — all close friends of Foran.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/eels-favourite-to-snare-foran-16156/#ixzz3OsyeBjAn

Foran is a great competitor who runs very hard at the line and occasionally breaks the line. Solid ball player and kicking game and is a great defender but I don't really see him as a true playmaker. Not in the JT or Cronk moulds anyway, I see him more as a souped up, slightly more talented Josh Reynolds without the brain-farts. And I'm more than happy to let Parra have him!!! Especially when you consider that the Eels have Watmough for 800K, Hoppa 800K and Lussick not sure but i think 250K add Foran at the reported 1.2 Mil that's a hefty price to pay for 4 ex Manly players!!! 3 Million for 4 players f:pck me!!! And to tell the truth I can't see Foran taking Parra to a Premiership on his own, he would need to go to the Warriors where a true playmaker in Shaun Johnson can direct the team.

To add more fuel to the fire:
BoomStickBarbie

I'd hate to say it fellow eagle fans but Foran is gone and DCE will be the one that stays.

Choc and Foran where drinking at a pub on the beaches last night deep disscussion.
Only one can presume it was about the other joining the other next year as drinks where passed around and the night went on for a fair bit

BoomStickBarbie, Today at 12:13 AM
There is also a rumour circulating on the Eels forum that Jarrod Hayne may return to rugby league before the June 30 deadline and that the Eels are set to approach Smith for marquee player payments outside the cap.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excuse my French...but no f**king way!! Parradoesntmatta are a fcked organisation. Paid overs for Sandow and now this. Foran needs an established HB to work alongside him.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excuse my French...but no f**king way!! Parradoesntmatta are a fcked organisation. Paid overs for Sandow and now this. Foran needs an established HB to work alongside him.
hes played with hodkinson and dce who were both rookies at the time

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
hes played with hodkinson and dce who were both rookies at the time
Hodkinson was a solid up and coming half with great vision before becoming injury prone while the other an out right superstar in DCE!!! As good as Foran is rugby league is a team sport. Not one man can win a Premiership for you!!! Look at the cows relying on JT way to much!!! As great a player as he is he can't get the job done by himself.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hodkinson was a solid up and coming half with great vision before becoming injury prone while the other an out right superstar in DCE!!! As good as Foran is rugby league is a team sport.
whats your point?

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats your point?
Dude..he ain't worth that much. I think he's been blessed to work along with DCE but you take him away from that element and put him with an average HB, you'll see why he ain't worth that much.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude..he ain't worth that much. I think he's been blessed to work along with DCE but you take him away from that element and put him with an average HB, you'll see why he ain't worth that much.
unfortunately we have pay people based on previous results and his are pretty good

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
unfortunately we have pay people based on previous results and his are pretty good
True! I just think that sum is a little too much. But hey..if Parra are willing to pay for him through the teeth, I'm all for it! Lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I really like Foran but I think 1 mil is enough for him, parra are idiots if they are going to tie up all that money in on player again as their roster will be shot again...

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats alot of dough for Foran..

They havent thought about what happens to them when Klemmer ends his season with a big hit

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Foran > Parra
DCE > Broncos
Manly > Spoon ??

Because if Manly lose both of them, they are ****ed.

Not sure who Eels would put alongside Foran though.

Also Hayne is gone... he's not coming back. If Eels want to keep him exclusively they got told it would be included in their cap. They cannot afford him and blowing Foran at $1.2 million a year.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
DCE is the star of Manly Foran very good I don't think worth more than 800k..The bit I find funny is the marquee allowance parra would use to get Hayne back I personally don't think he'll be back not for a few years anyway but that's a scam if ever I heard one so Hayne wouldn't count towards cap

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
"There is also a rumour circulating on the Eels forum that Jarrod Hayne may return to rugby league before the June 30 deadline and that the Eels are set to approach Smith for marquee player payments outside the cap. "

This is no surprise to me. Parramatta I believe are behind this move. I feel the encouraged Hayne to leave for the NFL knowing full well (including Hayne himself) that he would be over there for a short time and be back either before the 2015 season starts or midway through. Then using this new marquee player payment would approach Smith to get him back for as much as he wanted whilst having room in the cap to get a Foran or DCE.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
if he stays fit the entire season and wins you a gf its worth it, but when 1 player takes up that much of your cap space, then you have to think you will have lower ranked players in the team to stay under the cap,
is that the right balance?

I doubt it.

I think paying 1.2 mill to 1 player is to much of a chunk out of the cap, and it cant be good for the team.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"There is also a rumour circulating on the Eels forum that Jarrod Hayne may return to rugby league before the June 30 deadline and that the Eels are set to approach Smith for marquee player payments outside the cap. "

This is no surprise to me. Parramatta I believe are behind this move. I feel the encouraged Hayne to leave for the NFL knowing full well (including Hayne himself) that he would be over there for a short time and be back either before the 2015 season starts or midway through. Then using this new marquee player payment would approach Smith to get him back for as much as he wanted whilst having room in the cap to get a Foran or DCE.
Some how I think your giving Parramatta too much credit!!! Their entire board shares the same brain cell, in other words they are not that smart to concoct such a scheme on their own. And as Mr I has pointed out they have already been told by the NRL that if Hayne chose to return to league and to the Eels his contract would have to fall under their salary cap. And if we are going to talk conspiracy theories here is my two cents worth. I believe that Hayne left not to chase an NFL career but given no choice he left the NRL to get away from Parra.

I believe Hayne wanted out of that loony bin and was prepared to jump ship and join the bulldogs on a lucrative contract, but the moment he asked for a release Parra started huffing and hurring about Hayne signing a life time contract with them. Thus no release granted!!! It would not surprise me if we were involved in Hayne chasing his NFL dream only to pick him up in the 2016 season. I know it sounds a bit far fetched but stranger things have happened!!! Don't forget we pried Des away from Manly when everyone said it couldn't happen.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
if he stays fit the entire season and wins you a gf its worth it, but when 1 player takes up that much of your cap space, then you have to think you will have lower ranked players in the team to stay under the cap,
is that the right balance?

I doubt it.

I think paying 1.2 mill to 1 player is to much of a chunk out of the cap, and it cant be good for the team.
Having 4 Ex Manly Players consuming half your cap is never a good thing!!! But standing on the outer looking in it's a great thing for us as they will never be the force they once were.

Status
Not open for further replies.