Is it time to stop Team List mind games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Seems to be happening far too often these days that teams list a lineup, then make changes galore..

I feel the NRL need to do more to prevent such things. I realise some teams do it because there are injury clouds over players, but if the player isn't 100% right in their mind on Tuesday, they shouldn't be named for games in a few days there.

I'd like to see:

Tuesday 4PM - Name your 1-13 and they are locked in.
24 hrs before game - Lock in 14 through 17.
1 hour before game - 18th player locked in (only accessible when NRL doctor at game rules concussion or injury due to opposing player).

Any changes within 24 hours incur the loss of one interchange.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Seems to be happening far too often these days that teams list a lineup, then make changes galore..

I feel the NRL need to do more to prevent such things. I realise some teams do it because there are injury clouds over players, but if the player isn't 100% right in their mind on Tuesday, they shouldn't be named for games in a few days there.

I'd like to see:

Tuesday 4PM - Name your 1-13 and they are locked in.
24 hrs before game - Lock in 14 through 17.
1 hour before game - 18th player locked in (only accessible when NRL doctor at game rules concussion or injury due to opposing player).

Any changes within 24 hours incur the loss of one interchange.
Apart from gambling dollars, why do we even need to know the team lists?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apart from gambling dollars, why do we even need to know the team lists?
Exactly this.

The NRL need it so the program (big league etc.) can be printed and distributed on time.

Particularly when teams are playing on the short turnaround. The coaching staff are guessing who will be fit. Just to put a list out.

If they need to put a list out at a fixed time. Pick a 21 or even 23 man squad. Not in set positions.

One hour before kickoff name your 17. Who the starting 13 is should simply be the 13 that run out. Give the coaches their gamesmanship. Why does anyone need to know?

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Each week I think Pay is playing mind games naming Elliot, Holland and JMK as 5/8 and each week I get disappointed

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Supercoach has nothing to do with gambling
I clearly know nothing about Supercoach and related competitions in other sports - but I thought people played for cash and prizes?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I clearly know nothing about Supercoach and related competitions in other sports - but I thought people played for cash and prizes?
Yeah but it's free entry so it's not gambling if you're not paying anything

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Which is effectively an extension of gambling :grinning:

I like the mystery of not knowing who is taking the field...
So does that mean your next idea is having every player from every team in the same white plain unsponsored jersey (including the ref)?

Could make for an interesting game actually.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So does that mean your next idea is having every player from every team in the same white plain unsponsored jersey (including the ref)?

Could make for an interesting game actually.

It's not smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.