Is it Pay's fault?

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Note: Long thread.
We are stuffed. Not one thing is working for us. Our coach is terrible and our players don't really care. But is it the player's fault or is it Pay's?

This man inherited a side that was demolished. Down in the dumps. Far from the light at the end of the tunnel.
I congratulate him for doing this. He is very brave. He went into coaching a team with fans that know success and have for a long time. He knows. We know. They know. He has overachieved according to what we were predicted to get over the last 2 years. @bradyk is correct ok. He has developed players. He brought in some good players. He brought in some terrible ones. But as a coach, he needs to go.

Pay is unable to get the results on the field. He can't pick the players in the correct position. He can't attract players to our club. It is just wrong. He does need to go but is it his fault fully?

To answer my own question I would say 50% Pay, 20% board and 30% players. Pay can't pick the correct team.

According to Round 8, he would pick this team:​
  1. DWZ
  2. Averillo
  3. Smith
  4. Holland
  5. Meany
  6. Foran
  7. Wakeham
  8. Tolman
  9. JMK
  10. Napa
  11. Jackson
  12. RFM
  13. Elliott
  14. Cogger
  15. Britt
  16. *Thompson
  17. T'Oomonga
When he should be picking this:
  1. Averillo
  2. Smith
  3. Holland
  4. Harper
  5. DWZ
  6. Foran
  7. Wakeham
  8. Tolman
  9. Katoa
  10. *Thompson
  11. RFM
  12. T'Oomonga
  13. Jackson
  14. Lewis
  15. Doorrey
  16. Britt
  17. Napa
His game plan is:​
  1. DWZ run back​
  2. Napa hit up​
  3. Tolman/Elliott hit up​
  4. Tolman/Elliott hit up​
  5. Kick​
Predictable is it not.
I can go on about him but I shall not.
But has Pay been given the best cattle he can get?

The players are not good. They don't put in the effort. They get thumped by 30+ every week. It is terrible.

That is why a coach must be bought. A marquee (Bellamy) or someone knew or liked (Fitzgibbon/Griffin)
They can bring in the players.
Recruitment is necessary for 2021. If the board let us down they are sacked and they know it.
Targets should be:
A centre (Cotric)
A half of 5/8 (Burton/Clifford/Renoylds)
A hooker (Friend/Grant/B Smith/Kenny/Roache/Verrills)
A backrower (CHN/Bateman/Fifita)
A bench prop (Welch)
A utility (Watson)
Resigning of Foz, Wakeham, Elliott. May have forgotten some.
That can give us a team of:
  1. Averillo​
  2. Smith​
  3. Cotric​
  4. Hoppa​
  5. DWZ​
  6. Foran/Renoylds​
  7. Burton/Clifford/Wakeham​
  8. T'Oomonga​
  9. Friend/Grant/B Smith/Kenny/Roache/Verrills​
  10. Thompson​
  11. CHN/Bateman/Fifita​
  12. CHN/Bateman/Fifita​
  13. Jackson​
  14. Watson​
  15. Welch​
  16. Napa​
  17. Elliott​
That's enough from me!​

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh and you make some very valid points, desperately need a new coach to (at the very least) seem like a good proposition to potential recruits!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh boy.. just get rid of pay already lol.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would put more blame on the board.. they were quick in tearing everything down with a longterm plan to rebuild .. but clearly had no short-medium term plan to see us through until they got to where they want to be..

They also had no contigency in place if the coach struggled or if they struggled to land great players...

They also have let down a rookie coach in Pay completely with minimal compentent support around him.. Positions they sacked around him still havent been adequately replaced.. and to boot they cant attract anyone and refuse to offer TPG to help get deals done and are offside with several player managers..

Last edited: