Is Holdsworth Creative Enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pha_t0ny

respect my authorotahhh!
Reaction score
hmm, cronk is pretty ordinary imo...its just his wild backline and solid front row that make him seem better than he is, just as our 2006 pack made holdsworth look alot better than how he was playing last season

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holdsworth is very good at controlling a structured team... remember how sloppy the game became without him 06 preliminarys?

Roberts is the opposite, he is a spark

they both fill in the gaps... but the question is in the halves do you want 2 great players (at what they do) or 2 average players around the board?

i have a feeling Holdsworth may show his worth but will have trouble when hes the go to guy in the team

pha_t0ny

respect my authorotahhh!
Reaction score
lets hope everything tuns out right, i dont care if we have an average season and next yr our gun juniors show what they can do...look to the future

PHELPSY

DEEEEEEBO
Reaction score
wait and see how he goes in the first few weeks, hopefully he can maintain consistency.

Siggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Shifty is .... too kick happy. That's great when his kicks are hitting the mark but useless if they aren't.
Geez that was an understatement. Sherwin would do one decent kick out of about three or four. He'd kick a 40-20 and everyone would go on about what a genius he was, and then he'd kick it out on the full or straight to the fullback three times in a row, and it would be Matt Bowen or Billy Slater bringing the ball back to our tiring forwards.

I'm not saying the new guys are necessarily any different. I've seen Roberts and Holdsworth do exactly the same thing but it was one of the things that used to drive me nuts (Polla-Mounter used to do it as well). The other things I hated were our pathetic defence against dummy half runners and having a half back who couldn't/wouldn't take on the line.

We probably still don't have a consistent kicker in play. And I suspect we will stiill be vulnerable against nippy dummy halves although it will be interesting to see what Sullivan does in that area (Danny Wiliams and Te Maari might help as well). But with a bit of luck we'll have Groom or Barba in at half in the next year or so.

DOGGYDOGG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was just watching Shifty playing for Castleford and he was ripping Leeds apart. It's got me questioning if DJ is creative enough. Thoughts?
What a call! Couldn't have said it better myself. :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.