• Could be

Votes: 22 12.1%

• Total voters

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hard for him to make progress in 2021. No lower grades made it almost impossible to start making personnel changes and moving the pieces into place. Particularly given our cap and how unattractive the club was to potential players.
Yes just saying its 2 years. First year to set it all up. Get the contacts, scouts, partnerships with other areas as feeder clubs for us.

2nd year he has been travelling a hell of a lot for us to secure and oversee these clubs etc.

No one else in league could be working harder for us.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
As I mentioned weeks ago, people commenting on Gus' ego... we should all hope that his ego doesn't let him fail.

Whether he does it for love or money or ego, I really don't care as long as he doesn't fail us.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
even superman would have problems turning the bulldogs around

but if gus went to brisbane then he would be a problem there, 2 years ago he was talking about brisbane not being a quick fix and kevin walters talking about winning a premiership in 3 years time as pie in the sky

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes just saying its 2 years. First year to set it all up. Get the contacts, scouts, partnerships with other areas as feeder clubs for us.

2nd year he has been travelling a hell of a lot for us to secure and oversee these clubs etc.

No one else in league could be working harder for us.
I agree, we couldn't have gotten anyone better than Gus for the job,nor do I think someone could have done a better job, in that time, given the circumstances and what he inherited

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
even superman would have problems turning the bulldogs around

but if gus went to brisbane then he would be a problem there, 2 years ago he was talking about brisbane not being a quick fix and kevin walters talking about winning a premiership in 3 years time as pie in the sky
Batman would turn it around....

He is a billionaire and can pass out many brown paper bags.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I’m over Gus, he worries about other clubs and taking the dogs on a piss ride.
there are Halfbacks Available.
Michael Morgan’s (one a comp)wants to come back
Aiden sezer (in a grandfinal)wants to move back to Sydney
Brayden Trindall
Replacing average halves with average halves hasn't improved us so far.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Replacing average halves with average halves hasn't improved us so far.
Only reason Morgan and Sezer are mentioned is probably due to experience.

An old head next to Burton which may help him learn his trade in the 6.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Only reason Morgan and Sezer are mentioned is probably due to experience.

An old head next to Burton which may help him learn his trade in the 6.
Why would we want either of those? We have duel grand finalist and SOO legend Joshy Renyolds on the books already. His best is still ahead of him

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why would we want either of those? We have duel grand finalist and SOO legend Joshy Renyolds on the books already. His best is still ahead of him
That's why we aren't winning my bro, because JR isn't playing 80 mins every game!

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Clutching at straws though, they aren't the answer. Imo
It seems some people are learning the only way is forward at last.

After the Renyolds shit show I don't ever wanna see our management sign washed up, banged up players who talk talk about still having "passion" and "belief" they have what it takes to return the club to glory!!!

Forward is the only way out of this debacle

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
One mistake was letting Vaughan go but realistically what forwards are there to sign? Same can be said for halfbacks… I’m not in the know but I don’t think we were a chance with Moses but if he misses out on hunt that’s a big red x against his name. At the end of the day count us lucky the footballing is the only issue at the club
Gould has spoken to Hunt, he knows that we will offer him a fair deal when we are free to do so. If he wants to "go home to Qld" then no matter what deal Gould offers he's not going to accept it. Maybe he's pussey whipped like Klemmer.

Always a Bulldog

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That's why we aren't winning my bro, because JR isn't playing 80 mins every game!
Lol hahaha finally at long last a fellow disgruntled fan has seen the light.

I'd like you to quit your current form of employment if any and relieve CC your soonest convenience!!

The road to glory is yours, you just gotta take!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I’m over Gus, he worries about other clubs and taking the dogs on a piss ride.
there are Halfbacks Available.
Michael Morgan’s (one a comp)wants to come back
Aiden sezer (in a grandfinal)wants to move back to Sydney
Brayden Trindall
Michael Morgan's shoulder is farked.

Always a Bulldog

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol hahaha finally at long last a fellow disgruntled fan has seen the light.

I'd like you to quit your current form of employment if any and relieve CC your soonest convenience!!

The road to glory is yours, you just gotta take!
There was a few of us who called out the PR Stunt for what it was... a massive fail.

He can stick to off field duties if he doesn't want to find a real job.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There was a few of us who called out the PR Stunt for what it was... a massive fail.

He can stick to off field duties if he doesn't want to find a real job.
A real job would be good, or he could go trick the Tigers again and top up his super that way.

Doubt it though he knows how to use words to get himself what he wants and will continue to do so.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
first of all let me say I’m not against gus. If anything don’t know anyone better who could do a better job. If he can’t then no one can,

buttttt, we are the worst defending and attacking team in the comp. So we have gone backwards massively! We havelet go 2-3 players from our top30 how many weeks ago and refused to sign anyone atall to help us out. I’m all for giving young guys a crack but we have f all in experience so it’s not going to help anyone on the filed getting smashed every week.
Then he comes out and says they’re f all on the market for 2024 which means he is preparing fans for another crap year with no recruitment signings!
I’m banking he is gona come out and announce some surprise signings for 2024 that will atleast help us improve cause I have not seen one inch of improvement so far. If anything most of our players are declining as the year goes on and that’s worrying.