is folkes still the man for the job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
bulldogruss said:
Your right not every player responds the same way - however i would trust a guy that spends quite alot of time with these players to know what is better than Sherwin more than us self proclaimed "Shifty" supporters...

In regards to form, I do believe you have left your other eye at home - especially considering that most of the team have said that they agree with Folkes about Sherwins form...

I was there for his game yesterday and am confident that it has already made an impact on him in a positive way, the way he tried to take control of the game...

Russ
thanks Russ... finally someone who can see the bigger picture in what Folkes has done.

couldnt of put it any better myself.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
YES!!
Any man that can have a team go through all the BS that our team did in 04 and keep tham on track and win a premiership is the man for the job

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Also, look at the player Mason has become. Folkes has had a lot to do with that

Bellz

Bellz
Reaction score
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but I think Folkesy is still the man for the job. He knows what he's doing. E.g I don't think he would drop Sherwin for nothing, for the sake of dropping him....unless as it was said before it was a punishment for something. He obviously wants sherwin to lift his game and get the form back which he had 2002, 2003. I trust in Folksey and would still like him to be coach even beyond 2006.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
silly question

right up there with

"do you sleep?"

ajcutler

Waterboy
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have never evolved into anything just relied on individual brilliance , Folkes has never developed any players, but he dosen't have the skill to, i watched him as a player that i liked, very boring. He has nothing to pass on the the team.
If dropping a player helps him, why dosen't he dropp Corey Hughes EVER? Hughes has had 2 bad games this year but never looked like loosing his position and 6 bad games straight to end last season. If the Dogs had an attacking Lock with Balls skill like every successful Dogs team (except 2004) the forwards would be more than just one out hit ups and hope the can break through, People always say Grimaldi is there for his defence and what he has done for the club, not many tackles this year I'm sure he's been payed well for doing his job, but let a more talented player into lock like Maitua (if u had to back Grimaldi or Maitua in a one on one game wwho would u really pick if u had your house on it?). Folkes was good for the first 2 or 3 years but 8 years is way to long not to teach anyone anything.

KroniK

Waterboy
Reaction score
ajcutler said:
The Bulldogs have never evolved into anything just relied on individual brilliance , Folkes has never developed any players, but he dosen't have the skill to, i watched him as a player that i liked, very boring. He has nothing to pass on the the team.

Are you serious

I'm speechless

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
in league they say the big 3-4 positions are are hooker half fullback and in some cases lock.

we have
perry/hughes
holdsworthy
patten
grimaldi

compair this to
the knights
bronocs
tigers
infact most teams and we come out as having little attack and that is the bottom line

we have ordinary hookers a defensive lock a young fella at half and a avarage at best fullback.

all this equals to the most important positions in the team compaired to other teams are below par.

this is made to look better by our awsome forwards and blistering 3 1/4.

but against the top teams you will be found out

a team like
sherwin hb
williams/maitua lock
cutler fb
?????? hooker

will provide more attacking football and be a premiership winning combo.

look at west their big 4 won them the flag cause apart from them they were pretty weak all over

baz34

Waterboy
Reaction score
Folkes knows wat hes doing. remember he dropped utai in 2004 after ordinary performances. utai came back stronger then eveer. scored 2 tries in the GF. gave his confidence a massive boost. no doubt this will happen to shifty.

Prodigal Son

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Steve Folkes is still the man for the job and knows what he is doing.

A

atomic_crimson

if attack won you games on there own... why arent the tigers winning games?

defence plays its hand as much as attack!

Status
Not open for further replies.