Opinion Is Burton disinterested?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s probably more that people CBF engaging with you because it’s a pointless exercise.
Don't care, they wrong. Look at them all turning on Taaffe after one bad performance after telling me all preseason how good a signing he was. They don't know shit.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't care, they wrong. Look at them all turning on Taaffe after one bad performance after telling me all preseason how good a signing he was. They don't know shit.
Just like you were wrong about Salmon eh? You spent all pre season telling anyone that would listen he was the worst signing we’ve ever made

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
According to our fanbase Hutch and Sexton are better than Luai and Cleary...
Dahahahahahaha!! Well maybe they'd be better in origin than Cleary and Luai because you can't get much worse than those 2 and Yeo.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps for 2024:
1. Critta (need some thrust, linking and leadership from 1)
2. Fox
3. Burton
4. Xerri
5. Skelton(need his runs)/Kiraz
6. Tracey
7. Sexton/Hutcho/Taafe (with Presto to look after 7)
Burton at 5/8th has failed, while we should never take Critta away from his most dangerous position in the centres I kind of like the 1-7 you’ve put up, CC will be crazy not to try it if we struggle first five rounds.

maxixam

New Pup
Reaction score
I said this last year but if you're going to persist with Burton at 5/8 then you swap Preston and Kikau around. Burton can't handle what Kikau brings as he presents too many options and Burton's flat earth brain can't handle it. Preston on the other hand is going to consistently run a good hard line and that will naturally limit what Burton has to think about and force Burton to play more direct and make quicker decisions.
It’s not a bad point. Might bring them both into the game more.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Asking this for the 400th time and still not answered by his fan boys...

What area apart from goal kicking has he improved in since coming over to us?
Here’s a question for you ..

What player, or area, has any player improved in over the last 7 odd years ?

I think Ciro has had his first real pre season as a coach with a squad he’d prefer, not 100% the team he’d like, but much better than what he inherited from previous coaches ..

Maybe we could cut the kid some slack bro, see how he goes with Critta, Kik’s and some better quality in the team ..

If he’s still crap by round 6/10. I’ll put my hand up,and say your comments were correct ..

I hope anyone with a young kid wanting to be a rugby league player and only 23/24 have people around them with patience and good training to give them a chance to grow into their role come 25.26.27, as half’s will go onto mature & play past 35 in the future ..

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton at 5/8th has failed, while we should never take Critta away from his most dangerous position in the centres I kind of like the 1-7 you’ve put up, CC will be crazy not to try it if we struggle first five rounds.
Burton at centre only makes sense if critta excels at fb. Playing both at centre looks nice on paper but will screw our cap up massively.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Critta said in an interview that Burto had had an up and down year and he has made it his mission to help him out...there's gonna be a lot more expected of Burto by the capt so it well could sort itself out.
Yeah I heard that as well. That can only be a good thing if Critta can help get a good combination going

Another thing I noticed a couple of times is when Kikau was getting aggressive in defence , Burton seemed to lift his intensity in defence as well and hit a bit harder

Hopefully by having these 2 guys next to him will help bring out the best in him.....we can only hope:grinning:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Here’s a question for you ..

What player, or area, has any player improved in over the last 7 odd years ?

I think Ciro has had his first real pre season as a coach with a squad he’d prefer, not 100% the team he’d like, but much better than what he inherited from previous coaches ..

Maybe we could cut the kid some slack bro, see how he goes with Critta, Kik’s and some better quality in the team ..

If he’s still crap by round 6/10. I’ll put my hand up,and say your comments were correct ..

I hope anyone with a young kid wanting to be a rugby league player and only 23/24 have people around them with patience and good training to give them a chance to grow into their role come 25.26.27, as half’s will go onto mature & play past 35 in the future ..
Tbh I want to be wrong about him for our teams sake. He is an overpaid koala, so if we are stuck with him I hope he becomes a real 5/8th.

Also with no player improving, apart maybe from Kiraz (kind of), isn't that on the coach?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Burton at centre only makes sense if critta excels at fb. Playing both at centre looks nice on paper but will screw our cap up massively.
My only issue with Critta at FB is that our current side needs him defending in the front line not out the back, but he will be a gun where ever he plays

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My only issue with Critta at FB is that our current side needs him defending in the front line not out the back, but he will be a gun where ever he plays
I definately think the same about Critta, he is professional, hungry and will lead by example.

PS I loved how he was stalking the sideline pushing the boys.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh I want to be wrong about him for our teams sake.

Also with no player improving, apart maybe from Kiraz (kind of), isn't that on the coach?
Come on mate, you know league, of cause it’s on the coach, but if you are a first year coach coming into a long term losing squad, and you find all you’ve inherited from previous coaches is a lazy culture, bad discipline, and an entitlement type attitude exists, you do your best with what you’ve got, and then injuries occur and you have a shit season, you can’t just sweep that straight out, because they have contracts ..

I’m not wanking Ciraldo off, I’m not wanking Burton off .. but I am old enough and and I’ve been around long enough to know when you need to cut people some slack ..

At 23, I’d like to see us continue training Burton & let him grow into the role for a bit longer with some better quality players around him … I’d like to see what Ciraldo can do with a team he builds, and I’d like to see where we can go with the juniors Gould brings through .. because at the end of the day, I don’t know who else can get us back to the top ..

As I said, if it’s a failure I’ll be the first to put my hand up and say you guys were right,

Until then, I’d really like to see you blokes get behind these young kids more & level of the criticism ..

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point mate, and I’ve said this all preseason, Critta needs to be beside JAC screaming defence to him, behind Burton pushing him, and helping bring Kik’s onto it ..

Tracey will handle FB duties just fine when he’s fit .. until then it should be ..

1 Wilson / this kid can be very good ..
2 JAC
3 Critta
4 Xerri
5 Kiraz
6 Burton
7 Sextime .