Is Averillo a centre or winger ?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
To be fair they’re both not rating well. For example, Alamoti has 2nd most missed tackles out of all centres in NRL with 25. Averillo just behind him on 24 missed.

Averillo has the highest Line break causes for centres with 12, Alamoti only just better sitting at second and 11.

They both sit in the bottom dozen centres for tackle efficiency. And overall neither have been really targeted when you look at the number of tackles they’ve made overall.

Edit - both have 9 try causes as well, equal most in NRL for centres.

I think both need to be more effective in their D…
Well said, just the bias against jake compared to alomoti is unwarranted
Both need to improve and they will
Different defensive structures this year that take time and the centres are probably most impacted

Doggystyle99

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I really like how our centres and wingers sometimes swap positions mid game depending on how we are shaping up to attack/defend… we have lacked brains for so long and have to endure watching duds with such low footy iq and coaching this will only making them smarter on the field

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avo keeps the centre spot next year. Alomoti is too slow. Maybe bulk him up and play him at lock.
We need speed on both sides of the field.

This is a no brainer.

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
Well said, just the bias against jake compared to alomoti is unwarranted
Both need to improve and they will
Different defensive structures this year that take time and the centres are probably most impacted
Yes and all the personnel changes so far due to injury don’t help it too. Something the coaching staff would be working hard on its safe to assume, hopefully the results show

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s he like on kick returns, under the high ball, defensive reads?

Don’t just look at his runs in open play.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday Burns and Averillo swapped between centre and wing.

Defensively Averillo was playing centre. In attack he was on the wing a lot. I think Averillo’s problem at fullback was handling the high ball. On the wing he still has to defuse bombs.

When attacking though his pace is great on the wing.
No they didn’t swap. The only time Burns was inside averillo was on kick returns where wingers are often in field on the second play. Both averillo tries came on the second tackle after a kick return on the opposite side.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the most important thing at this stage is to leave him in one position and not chop and change as has been happening.
He seems to enjoy being in the centres and is going OK. Leave him there until something better comes along.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes and all the personnel changes so far due to injury don’t help it too. Something the coaching staff would be working hard on its safe to assume, hopefully the results show
Agree mate
We have seen the edges in preston sometimes defending in the middle in certain parts of the field.
CC definitely has his own style and it will take time. Especially as you said with the high turnover off players due to injuries

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can play anywhere in the backline. A great athlete now coming into his own. Did anyone notice Braidon burns vision in giving Jake a little space?

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Punching on with Perham for the utility role.
I’d rather a half / dummy half in the utility role off the bench. I’m a big fan of BBO and can see him slotting into that role next year after Josh hangs up his boots at the end of this year.

Reactions: CCC

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d rather a half / dummy half in the utility role off the bench. I’m a big fan of BBO and can see him slotting into that role next year after Josh hangs up his boots at the end of this year.

There will be a number of options tbh... As Averillo looks to be cementing his spot at centre.

Perham
Gray
BBO
Rajab
Hayward

Probably more i haven't mentioned.