News Is a Fox faster than a Saab? The clash to decide NRL’s quickest man

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are rugby league’s speed machines who quickly building a friendly rivalry over who’s got the fastest set of wheels in the NRL.

Last year there was little separating Josh Addo-Carr and Jason Saab in their quest to be crowned the NRL’s fastest man. According to the Telstra Tracker, the Canterbury recruit took out top spot after being clocked with a highest speed of 38.1km/h, just pipping Saab’s best of 38km/h.

On Sunday, they will square off against each other for just the second time, when the close friends vie for the title of “league’s fastest man″⁣ and the bragging rights that come with it.

Fittingly, their duel will be one of the highlights on Sunday of the NRL’s inaugural Multicultural Round, which celebrates the different cultures that make up the rugby league community.

Saab is of Nigerian and Indigenous Australian descent, while Addo-Carr recently captained the Indigenous All Stars team.

“It’s that thing people talk about, it’s fun,” said Addo-Carr of the fastest man debate. “When we play each other, we’ll bring the best out of each other. It will only benefit myself and him at the same time.

“I just love these young fellas coming through, especially these speedsters. They’re killing it.”

Saab enjoyed a breakout season with Manly after switching from St George Illawarra, scoring 26 tries in 2021. Several of those were long-range efforts that allowed the 21-year-old to stake a claim to have the fastest wheels in football.

“Fox and myself and a few others are up there, and it’s good competition to see who is the fastest,” Saab said. “It’s awesome that we exist amongst each other at the same time in rugby league.

“Being up there with the fastest playing the game at the moment, I’m grateful to be part of something pretty big. I’m just enjoying it, it’s good competition. I love Fox and look up to him as well.

“There’s nothing bitter – as the Telstra Tracker stands, he’s the fastest. It’s pretty neck and neck. We enjoy the banter and respect each other’s speed.”

Addo-Carr and Saab posed for the Herald alongside a Lamborghini during the filming of an advertisement for the Bulldog’s new clothing range, “Let’s Trot″⁣. The pair were friends before the shoot, with Addo-Carr helping to arrange the painting of Saab’s football boots as a tribute to his late grandmother.

“Just his character is awesome, he’s got the swagger and people like him for that,” Saab said.

“Being someone who is fast, seeing someone else use their speed to their advantage is really smart. I can learn a lot from him. He’s definitely someone I look up to and I get to rival him.”

Addo-Carr is an established star, winning grand finals and is an automatic selection for NSW and Australia. Saab said it was his ambition to play alongside him for the Blues at State of Origin level.

“Definitely, that’s one of my main goals, to wear the Origin jersey,” Saab said,

“To have the two fastest in the game play for NSW, that’s a dream of mine for sure.

“My ambition is to be better than last year. I just want to win a comp, I don’t84557150-36A4-43F9-AF78-E37D5C24E759.jpeg care if I just run 30km/h [if we achieve that].”281CFE62-A62A-4FB5-8628-CE24EE759AD9.jpeg

Minix

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yes. Saab is faster. Especially now that Fox has become a bitch and doesnt go full flight. (Most definitely fox is injured but its being hidden).
How can the fox be a bitch when its obvious he has some lingering injury??

You want him to go full throttle and the hammy goes pop? We dont need another Brett Morris scenario

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They are rugby league’s speed machines who quickly building a friendly rivalry over who’s got the fastest set of wheels in the NRL.

Last year there was little separating Josh Addo-Carr and Jason Saab in their quest to be crowned the NRL’s fastest man. According to the Telstra Tracker, the Canterbury recruit took out top spot after being clocked with a highest speed of 38.1km/h, just pipping Saab’s best of 38km/h.

On Sunday, they will square off against each other for just the second time, when the close friends vie for the title of “league’s fastest man″⁣ and the bragging rights that come with it.

Fittingly, their duel will be one of the highlights on Sunday of the NRL’s inaugural Multicultural Round, which celebrates the different cultures that make up the rugby league community.

Saab is of Nigerian and Indigenous Australian descent, while Addo-Carr recently captained the Indigenous All Stars team.

“It’s that thing people talk about, it’s fun,” said Addo-Carr of the fastest man debate. “When we play each other, we’ll bring the best out of each other. It will only benefit myself and him at the same time.

“I just love these young fellas coming through, especially these speedsters. They’re killing it.”

Saab enjoyed a breakout season with Manly after switching from St George Illawarra, scoring 26 tries in 2021. Several of those were long-range efforts that allowed the 21-year-old to stake a claim to have the fastest wheels in football.

“Fox and myself and a few others are up there, and it’s good competition to see who is the fastest,” Saab said. “It’s awesome that we exist amongst each other at the same time in rugby league.

“Being up there with the fastest playing the game at the moment, I’m grateful to be part of something pretty big. I’m just enjoying it, it’s good competition. I love Fox and look up to him as well.

“There’s nothing bitter – as the Telstra Tracker stands, he’s the fastest. It’s pretty neck and neck. We enjoy the banter and respect each other’s speed.”

Addo-Carr and Saab posed for the Herald alongside a Lamborghini during the filming of an advertisement for the Bulldog’s new clothing range, “Let’s Trot″⁣. The pair were friends before the shoot, with Addo-Carr helping to arrange the painting of Saab’s football boots as a tribute to his late grandmother.

“Just his character is awesome, he’s got the swagger and people like him for that,” Saab said.

“Being someone who is fast, seeing someone else use their speed to their advantage is really smart. I can learn a lot from him. He’s definitely someone I look up to and I get to rival him.”

Addo-Carr is an established star, winning grand finals and is an automatic selection for NSW and Australia. Saab said it was his ambition to play alongside him for the Blues at State of Origin level.

“Definitely, that’s one of my main goals, to wear the Origin jersey,” Saab said,

“To have the two fastest in the game play for NSW, that’s a dream of mine for sure.

“My ambition is to be better than last year. I just want to win a comp, I don’tView attachment 44345 care if I just run 30km/h [if we achieve that].”View attachment 44344
That photo shoot is my Assyrian Club, my first security gig.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No ones faster than the fox. Maybe that Koula's kid at Manly but haven't been able to judge properly yet.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s a hard one, the fox is very quick.. but to be fair since coming to the bulldogs he ain’t been able to do shit. We hold him back too long he will become a plodder or leave. Shit needs to change asap !!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It’s a hard one, the fox is very quick.. but to be fair since coming to the bulldogs he ain’t been able to do shit. We hold him back too long he will become a plodder or leave. Shit needs to change asap !!
That's why I want Burns next to him a Naden on the wing, so JAC actually gets the ball.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saab is overrated and honestly not that fast.

He's "fast" in the same way Reimis Smith is "fast".

Long legs = long strides = covering more ground per stride.

Acceleration wise though, he's not that quick.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll take a slower version of the Fox anyday over these new younger speedy Gonzaleses.
Brings more to the side than just speed. His moments will come and he'll bag lots of tries.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can the fox be a bitch when its obvious he has some lingering injury??

You want him to go full throttle and the hammy goes pop? We dont need another Brett Morris scenario
Then he needs to come clean and be upfront about his injury. Why hide it and make us think you're bitching every run? Im sure he will be supported if he says something.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll take a slower version of the Fox anyday over these new younger speedy Gonzaleses.
Brings more to the side than just speed. His moments will come and he'll bag lots of tries.
His defence has been insane! And his enthusiasm infectious. Im just annoyed we're not seeing him take on the ball and fly! He's stopped and passed back on the inside everytime hes got the ball outwide in decent position. Just frustrating.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The fox has come to Belmore with an injury that’s clearly serious enough that it’s hampered him since the middle of last season ..