Inu leaves NRL fate in coach Hasler's hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Top player but while our current backs arte playing well he will have to wait a bit, still good to see him play some rep footy in fine form.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
His interview after his game last night (Sat) showed that he has not fully recovered from his jaw injury. He may need a little more time to heal. His jaw looked swollen.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thompson and Stanley over Inu. They are more consistent.

Inu can be better than both of them but he can't put more than 3 matches together at once. Not worth the risk.
Definitely disagree over the Thompson part. Inu on a bad day is no worse than Thompson on his best. Inu on a good day blows Thompson out of the water. If inu wasn't injured pre-season he would have started round 1.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thompson has alot of potential getting better every game ,Stanley was awesome before his injury ,inu is all class ,brown is rubbish

N

Natboy

The fact that Inu has asked for a release surely means he still has faith he will return to first grade and hasn't been told otherwise by Des

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The fact that Inu has asked for a release surely means he still has faith he will return to first grade and hasn't been told otherwise by Des
Lol (has not asked) For a brief moment you had me worried :p

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The problem is that Inu had guys like Barba and Reynolds who IMO set the platform form him to do good things and to an extent they made him look good.

Not saying he isn't talented, but besides that one year in 2012, at every other club and in 2013 and in NSW Cup 2014 for the Bulldogs, he has been inconsistent which won't cut it with Des anymore I reckon.

He can turn from freakish to poor in a blink of an eye tbh
Which is fair enough, consistency is key to winning a premiership. Thats the thing that Inu has always needed to work on. If he makes good on his words in this article he should be a shoe in compared to players like Thompson and Brown who are often the NRL's most consistent players mostly because their game doesn't ever vary. Perrett has done very well to change this and if Perrett was to play like he did last year i'm sure a lot of people will be calling for his head because everyone is now used to Perrett the way he is now (Not that he was terrible last year).

To put it into perspective if Brown drops the football cold, people including me will laud him as useless and give him no excuses for it. By the same token if Barba did exactly the same thing in 2012 people will easily forgive his mistake simply because he makes up for it later on (This wasn't the case later on). Inu's worse is just as bad as Brown's worse, the difference is you don't notice Brown in a game mostly because he doesn't really do anything noticeable, whereas people notice Inu, which means his brilliance is noted and his flaws are magnified. Inu's brain explosions are just as bad as Brown's slippery fingers, they both gift opposition undeserved opportunities. The expectation is just far higher on Inu than it is on a player like Brown and rightly so.

He was brilliant in 2007 for the Eels and in patches during their 2009 run. There must also be a reason why Inu hasn't been given the boot by Des either, and why Inu hasn't actively sought another club. You'd think that Des has given Inu enough hope that if he proves himself he'll break into the FG side.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm encouraged by that article, that Inu isn't going anywhere. Hopefully so as he's fun to watch and can be a match winner when he's on song. Thompson, Morris, Perrett, Lafai and Inu is a pretty good back line.

It sounds like he has a good attitude and that playing for Samoa has given him a boost. Even though he was injured before the season, he has been criticised for his average performances in NSW cup. Maybe the jaw has been playing on his mind though, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. The fact he got up for a match that really me at something is suspicious though.

You can't really blame anyone for not being able to get up for our terrible NSW cup side but he has to if he wants to get into fg.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe des wants inu to demand his spot through great performances

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Its win win for the dogs , dont rate mbye yet so he will get a call up soon

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thompson and Stanley over Inu. They are more consistent.

Inu can be better than both of them but he can't put more than 3 matches together at once. Not worth the risk.
You've only seen Thompson play a handful of NRL games, and Stanley has never been a regular first-grader, whereas we all witnessed Inu put together over half a season of good form with us during the 2012 season. So are you sure you can genuinely justify saying that Thompson and Stanley are more consistent?

Please don't bore us with cliches, try to actually provide some proper insight.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The crux of the matter is this...

A player like Inu should be tearing apart NSW Cup like Morris was doing when dropped there a while back.

Until such time as Inu starts tearing it up in NSW Cup for a few weeks in a row (and thus proving he is ready for NRL again), he'll remain there (sans injury to backline).

That's not to say Thompson or Brown would tear up in NSW Cup on current form, but it's up to a player WANTING his spot back, to prove he can create problems and hit form in NSW Cup, before he comes back into first grade.

Otherwise you have someone playing average in NSW Cup being rewarded for nothing.

Average in NSW Cup = terrible in first grade.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

A player like Inu should be tearing apart NSW Cup like Morris was doing when dropped there a while back.

Until such time as Inu starts tearing it up in NSW Cup for a few weeks in a row (and thus proving he is ready for NRL again), he'll remain there (sans injury to backline).

That's not to say Thompson or Brown would tear up in NSW Cup on current form, but it's up to a player WANTING his spot back, to prove he can create problems and hit form in NSW Cup, before he comes back into first grade.

Otherwise you have someone playing average in NSW Cup being rewarded for nothing.

If this theory actually applied fairly to every player then it would make perfect sense. The fact that Brown walked straight back into the FG side after injury is point that this isn't the case. Brown has never teared up in any competition yet he's guaranteed a spot in the FG team. Flawed theory.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Inu is definitely showing great resilience, he definitely has his hot and cold days. Great potential just needs to work on being more consistent.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

well said mate and this is why Templeman should also not be allowed near our first grade squad ..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely disagree over the Thompson part. Inu on a bad day is no worse than Thompson on his best. Inu on a good day blows Thompson out of the water. If inu wasn't injured pre-season he would have started round 1.
Inu on a good day will score 2-3 tries and setup 2 and save 1. Thompson on a good day will score 1-2 tries, setup 1 and save 2. Inu on a bad day will let in 2 tries, give away 5 penalties, spear tackle a player and leave you with 12 men for the rest of the game.

I think I'd take Thompson on a good day over Inu on a bad day.

At the end of the day the choice is:

A) A player who can win you a game or lose you a game

B) A player who is consistent

I'd take consistency as you don't want to rely on individual players to win you the game, you want the team to win you the game.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Inu is an "X factor" player. We don't have any others in our team. Yes he does some dumb things but he also does some things that make me want to watch rugby league.

Billy Bean

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Inu is an "X factor" player. We don't have any others in our team. Yes he does some dumb things but he also does some things that make me want to watch rugby league.

Trouble is those dumb things leave me pretty much terrified every time he is involved during crucial times of games.

Why did he stop sprinting after the ball in the test match on saturday night??. Granted he made a great tackle at the end, but gee i was left scratching my head, and bet the coach was as well.

I agree he is an X factor, which we no doubt lack, but he is such an enigma.

Status
Not open for further replies.